Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Elite:Dangerous ". . .And here the Wheel" (NOVEL)

Elite:Dangerous ". . .And here the Wheel" (NOVEL)

Hi Everyone

Thanks for everyone that supported my novel during its funding phase.

Now the exciting phase starts. Writing. I would love to share this journey with you so I have set up a website: www.andherethewheel.co.nz where I will update with story information like characters and places and I plan to start a video diary as well.

come on over and have a look!

Thanks,

John

2. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #2
    Good luck - I'm looking forward to reading what you put together. If you want me to scan your ideas for potential clearence issues just give me a shout.

Michael

I have your website bookmarked and I am looking forward to keeping in touch with your progress.
    Good luck.

Hi John,

I am normally very suspicious about those named after highly technologically advanced insectoid races - but how long do you plan on keeping the Supporter Rewards on your website open?

@Michael

I had been waiting for you to get in touch with 'writers instructions' but I can send through my synopsis to you. I'll get this done in the next day or so.

@Crispy

Thanks for the support mate. Stay tuned.

@Ozoli

The initial plan was to keep it open all the way through in the vain hope that we could look at funding an audiobook version of the story. I'll see how it pans out, but I do have a Plan B if needed.

Thanks John,

I have your site bookmarked. Now to decide what level to donate at...

On the Elite: Dangerous Wiki, we have a Fiction page with a link to the website for the book.
    Commander JazHaz,

Design Decision Forum member

Hi John,

Pledge sent.

Thanks Ozoli. received. Welcome to the ranks

Hi everyone.

Just a shout out to remind everyone that the website www.andherethewheel.co.nz is alive and kicking.

I'm deep into the drafting of the story (nearly 30,000 words as of today) and I have been doing weekly summary posts as well as extra posts mid week. This weeks summary just went live.

I just completed a competition to name a character. Dave Woods just won himself a free copy of the e-book for naming a character Leonardo Ramanujan. There are heaps of other characters and technologies to name so come over and subscribe so you can keep an eye on the action.

Thanks to everyone for their support and if there is anything else you'd like to see me doing give me a shout out.

Thanks,

John

Originally Posted by Thargoid View Post (Source)
    Hi everyone.

Just a shout out to remind everyone that the website www.andherethewheel.co.nz is alive and kicking.

I'm deep into the drafting of the story (nearly 30,000 words as of today) and I have been doing weekly summary posts as well as extra posts mid week. This weeks summary just went live.

I just completed a competition to name a character. Dave Woods just won himself a free copy of the e-book for naming a character Leonardo Ramanujan. There are heaps of other characters and technologies to name so come over and subscribe so you can keep an eye on the action.

Thanks to everyone for their support and if there is anything else you'd like to see me doing give me a shout out.

Thanks,

John
    Pledged. I suspect I am still missing one or two of these books ...
    Commander Chuck Schwammerl

Design Discussion Archive Index

Originally Posted by AnnuverScotinExile View Post (Source)
    did you pledge the RPG book Elite encounters yet? just hit it's first KS target but still 7 days to go.

Another day, another update ...

Hi Guys

Another update at www.andherethewheel.co.nz. Not a progress report this time, but a review of my own Elite fan fiction, starting from the hazy days of early school life upward.

My character Vasquith deHavilland got up to all kinds of crazy business in the days of writing fan fiction (unlike the official fiction I am writing now) and if you like adventures in space and you like First Encounters you'll love it.

Cheers

John

Thanks for the support, mate. I really appreciate it.

There are quite a few books isn't there? I think 14 writers packs in total went, including the three to Gollancz.

Originally Posted by Thargoid View Post (Source)
    Hi Guys

Another update at www.andherethewheel.co.nz. Not a progress report this time, but a review of my own Elite fan fiction, starting from the hazy days of early school life upward.

My character Vasquith deHavilland got up to all kinds of crazy business in the days of writing fan fiction (unlike the official fiction I am writing now) and if you like adventures in space and you like First Encounters you'll love it.

Cheers

John
    Great update John, I agree that writing is something you never stop learning and it's great for those of us who skipped the frontier titles to get a look in to how the fan fiction has developed over the years.

not had a look at the HPA stories yet as I have a massive elite related reading list to get through but they are bookmarked and looked forward to.

Write on Commander

Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast