Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 175

Thread: An Official Elite: Dangerous novel, by T. James. "Out of the Darkness".

  1. #1

    Post An Official Elite: Dangerous novel, by T. James. "Out of the Darkness".



    For anyone who doesn't know, I'm T. James (a.k.a. "TJ"), and I'm another of the official writers penning a book-of-the-game for Elite: Dangerous.

    My working title is Out of the Darkness, but I can't tell you much about it at this stage as I'm still in the process of fleshing out ideas with the lovely people at Frontier. For those interested in following my adventures exploring the worlds of wordage in the Elite universe then I'll be posting updates here:

    "Out of the Darkness" blog

    Other information, video, the backer's wall, my bio etc can be found here:

    OutoftheDarkness.info

    My other published work can be found here:

    Writerandauthor.com

    And my general writing blog here where I post my more random musings:

    thewordonthe.net

    If you want to chat on Twitter, then I'm here:

    @TJamesWriter (Let me know you are from the Elite: Dangerous community, and I'll add you to my list.)

    I look forward to getting to know you, Commander.

  2. #2
    Hi T, and welcome to the wonderful and sometimes wacky world of the Dangerous forums.

    A mod will be along shortly to sticky your thread soon after followed by Mobius with the offer of a customized signature banner and JazHaz to inform you of a page created on his elite wiki.

    Enjoy!


  3. #3
    Originally Posted by AndyB(EDB50) View Post (Source)
    A mod will be along shortly to sticky your thread soon after followed by Mobius with the offer of a customized signature banner and JazHaz to inform you of a page created on his elite wiki.
    <chortles>
    The only good fnord is a dead fnord!

  4. #4
    Well, the mod arrived (thread made a sticky)
    Anyways, welcome to the forum T.James. I backed your book and really looking forward to it, so the best of luck to you!

  5. #5
    Originally Posted by AndyB(EDB50) View Post (Source)
    Hi T, and welcome to the wonderful and sometimes wacky world of the Dangerous forums.

    A mod will be along shortly to sticky your thread soon after followed by Mobius with the offer of a customized signature banner and JazHaz to inform you of a page created on his elite wiki.

    Enjoy!
    Thanks. It's nice to see there is life online after the Kickstarter, although the welcoming committee are obviously feeling overwhelmed by the sheer number of writers. When things calm down I'm always open to signature banners and wiki entries.

  6. #6
    Originally Posted by Geraldine View Post (Source)
    Well, the mod arrived (thread made a sticky)
    Anyways, welcome to the forum T.James. I backed your book and really looking forward to it, so the best of luck to you!
    Cheers, Geraldine, and thanks for backing the book. I'm still in the process of thrashing out the details with Frontier and I hope you'll enjoy the final product.

  7. #7

    Latest Book News: Working with Frontier's Indigenous Life Forms.

    I've been quietly beavering away for a while, so I thought it was about time I gave you an update: It features FILFs, a pleasant surprise, and a little hint at what's to come...

    http://outofthedarkness.info/blog/?p=62

  8. #8

  9. #9
    Nice one dude, loved the FILF's

    and 'messing about thinking up cool stuff while seasoning it with a little pinch of science' describes it perfectly. Word on one screen, wikipedia on the other grabbing some NaCl.


  10. #10
    Nice one, TJ! Are we FILFs by association or full FILFs?

    ;-)

    Incidentally I tried to post a comment on your site, but the anti-spam was too hard - and before anyone says anything I got the answers RIGHT! :-)

  11. #11

    Smile

    Originally Posted by Mobius View Post (Source)
    just playing with my photoshop
    That is awesome! It also has the strange side effect of making me salivate while cold shivers run up and down my spine.

    Great proof-of-concept. Thanks. :smilie:

  12. #12
    Originally Posted by AndyB(EDB50) View Post (Source)
    Nice one dude, loved the FILF's

    and 'messing about thinking up cool stuff while seasoning it with a little pinch of science' describes it perfectly. Word on one screen, wikipedia on the other grabbing some NaCl.
    Two screens would be really handy, but I haven't got the space. Word and Wikipedia are my go-to options for typing and research, even though Word drives me nuts sometimes. SO many years and it still has bugs? Still, it's compatible with almost everything.

  13. #13
    Originally Posted by Selezen View Post (Source)
    Nice one, TJ! Are we FILFs by association or full FILFs?

    ;-)

    Incidentally I tried to post a comment on your site, but the anti-spam was too hard - and before anyone says anything I got the answers RIGHT! :-)
    Thanks for dropping by the blog. Sorry about the anti-spam, but the 'games' block the autobots and I moderate each first comment to catch the brain-dead humans that spam the blog.

    You got through eventually. We FILFBAs have to stick together.

  14. #14
    Originally Posted by T. James View Post (Source)
    I moderate each first comment to catch the brain-dead humans that spam the blog.
    you had to do that with me - stoopid game kept saying I was a bot . . .

    love the concept art for your cover, kudos Mobius

  15. #15

    Thanks again.

    Originally Posted by Mobius View Post (Source)
    just playing with my photoshop
    Just wanted to say thanks again for taking the time with the artwork. :smilie: It's now on the website, with a credit:

    http://outofthedarkness.info/bookdetails.html

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast