Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: VIP passenger transport missions to long supercruise station (i.e. LTT9360) is broken

And not one answer, period, just requests for more screenshots, or silence.

I am disgusted.

It's not really clear what you're considering as a bug here.
    1) Board flipping is not considered proper gameplay (and maybe they'll manage to fix it sometime in the future), so complaining here it got harder doesn't really make sense
    2) The range increase in transport missions could be due to a myriad of BGS factors, why should it be a bug if it went from 15 to 20Ly?

Mission generation in some locations is completely broken, there's no denying it, so are many mission types (massacre pirates, black box retrieval, war massacre not spawning, ...) but this kind of reports only waste QA time that could be employed to acknowledge and support devs into solving real bugs.

Originally Posted by Redden Alt Mer View Post (Source)
    1) Board flipping is not considered proper gameplay (and maybe they'll manage to fix it sometime in the future), so complaining here it got harder doesn't really make sense
    2) The range increase in transport missions could be due to a myriad of BGS factors, why should it be a bug if it went from 15 to 20Ly?

Mission generation in some locations is completely broken, there's no denying it, so are many mission types (massacre pirates, black box retrieval, war massacre not spawning, ...) but this kind of reports only waste QA time that could be employed to acknowledge and support devs into solving real bugs.
    I'ts not due a "myriad of BGS factors" - If something is working and stop to work after a update, or it is a nerf or a bug, BGS don't use updates to calculate nothing.

Originally Posted by jonesskill View Post (Source)
    I'ts not due a "myriad of BGS factors" - If something is working and stop to work after a update, or it is a nerf or a bug, BGS don't use updates to calculate nothing.
    How does this:
    destinations up to 20 lys from Upsilon Aquarii. Prior to to 3.2, the destinations are limited to 10-15 lys from the system
    qualifies as "something is working and stop to work" exactly?

You are either purely ignorant of the passenger boards preupdate or acting like it to be a troll, you are helping nothing by popping off your mouth in here.

Before the 6/28 update there were 5-8 missions on the boards from Parutis/Evans port-MEDB/Vela dock, Garay City/m Tauri-Geras/Yurchikhin Port, LHS 538/Jemison Vision-LTT 9360/Smeaton, and from many maNY OTHER STATIONS TO MANY MANY OTHER STATIONS THAT ARE A LONG DISTANCE (OVER A MILLION lS'S AWAY FROM THE PRIMARY STAR IN THEIR SYSTEM.

yOU SIMPLY OPENED THE Passenger LOUNGE AND EACH FACTION WOULD HAVE 1-3 OF THESE PASSENGER MISSIONS WITH A LONG SUPER CRUISE TO THEIR DESTINATION, SO YOU COULD FILL YOUIR SHIP FROM ONE BOARD AND LAUNCH WITH A FULL SHIP.

tHE ISSUE IS THAT AFTER THE UPDATE THESE MISSIONS ARE STILL THERE BUT VERY RARE.

yOU MIGHT GET LUCKY AND FIND ONE WHEN YOU ENTER THE LOUNGE, OR YOU MAY NOT FIND ONE IN 20 TRIPS TO THE LOUNGE.

iT IS THESE MISSIONS THAT ARE BUGGED.

nOW THE Passenger LOUNGE IS FULL OF PASSENGER TOURS GOING 20K PLUS lY'S AND THEN 20K PLUS lY'S BACK, AND THE OTHER MISSIONS YOU FIND ARE MISSIONS TO (Sorry for the caps, I broke my neck and my finger constanly hits the caps key, and I have to go back an retype because I casn no longer touch type because I lost most of the feeling and coordination in my fingers and look up to find half my post in caps, I've been at this post for 45 minutes and I am not going to retype it again.)

the other missions are to systems and station never ever seen before in the passenger lounge, and they pay very low compared to missions in the passenger lounge before the update.

For anyone to say it is fine shows that they never used it before the update, or that they are just a troll.

The passenger lounge is broken

Originally Posted by Aaron T View Post (Source)
    You are either purely ignorant of the passenger boards preupdate or acting like it to be a troll, you are helping nothing by popping off your mouth in here.
    nOW THE Passenger LOUNGE IS FULL OF PASSENGER TOURS GOING 20K PLUS lY'S AND THEN 20K PLUS lY'S BACK, AND THE OTHER MISSIONS YOU FIND ARE MISSIONS TO (Sorry for the caps, I broke my neck and my finger constanly hits the caps key, and I have to go back an retype because I casn no longer touch type because I lost most of the feeling and coordination in my fingers and look up to find half my post in caps, I've been at this post for 45 minutes and I am not going to retype it again.)
    The original message (which I quoted) said it went from 15Ly to 20Ly, there's no mention of KLy. If that was a typo and the OP meant that all are pointing to destinations >20KLy, then it seems to be an old bug coming back.

The original message (which I quoted) said it went from 15Ly to 20Ly, there's no mention of KLy. If that was a typo and the OP meant that all are pointing to destinations >20KLy, then it seems to be an old bug coming back.
    OK, but yes, my whole 1000 hours has been 90% in the passenger lounges, they are not working properly.

The missions going to strange systems are not far.

Just a update: Still broken after 3.1.3 patch.

LMAO, they nerfed it. this is a "feature" not a "bug" lmao. also BGS . git gud.

Originally Posted by waylork View Post (Source)
    LMAO, they nerfed it. this is a "feature" not a "bug" lmao. also BGS . git gud.
    Hello staff member Waylork.
    So, thank you for bring a official word in there, since the Q.A already mentioned that THEY DON"T have changed nothing, you can read this in this thread:

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=436502

"Hey Cmdrs,

Thanks for your report - Are you able to provide me with the system info of where you are looking for these (state, industry etc.) as well as some screenshots of the mission board.

I don't believe these have been altered since 3.0 -> 3.1 so please do provide further evidence of any discrepancies you believe are there.

Stay safe out there o7"

I know this is an unpopular opinion with some. However, I am glad reduced passenger missions because they nearly killed my piracy profession. After 2.2 PvP piracy nearly died because regular trading started paying much less than passengers, the trade routes dried up so we were only left with CGs. Now trading is booming again as things have become a bit more balanced. Before you felt like you were almost forced by Fdev to do passenger missions because doing anything else felt like you were wasting your time.

Originally Posted by Threeofseven View Post (Source)
    I know this is an unpopular opinion with some. However, I am glad reduced passenger missions because they nearly killed my piracy profession. After 2.2 PvP piracy nearly died because regular trading started paying much less than passengers, the trade routes dried up so we were only left with CGs. Now trading is booming again as things have become a bit more balanced. Before you felt like you were almost forced by Fdev to do passenger missions because doing anything else felt like you were wasting your time.
    The only piracy that have some kind of profit i'ts the NPC piracy that is broken now too because the PP bug.

So, you think that is not right "force" people to do passenger runs, but i'ts right "force" people to make trade missions because doing anything else felt like you were wasting your time?

People just need to go to solo to avoid PVP pirates man.

Originally Posted by jonesskill View Post (Source)
    The only piracy that have some kind of profit i'ts the NPC piracy that is broken now too because the PP bug.

So, you think that is not right "force" people to do passenger runs, but i'ts right "force" people to make trade missions because doing anything else felt like you were wasting your time?

People just need to go to solo to avoid PVP pirates man.
    I agree the current situation is far from perfect. We need balance and that is something we didn't have. We still do not totally have it but I think Fdev is getting better.

Better in some ways, but the only enjoyment for me right now in ED is to increase my combt rank a little at a time at a CNB.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12