Page 1 of 87 1235 Last

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Elite Dangerous Premiere Event 22nd November 2014 Discussion Thread

Elite Dangerous Premiere Event 22nd November 2014 Discussion Thread

Hello,

I backed at a level which netted me a Launch Party Invite, now name Premier Event.
    I asked earlier during the Kickstarter if this invite included a +1 so I could bring the missus along with and was told that it did, I would just like to check if this is still the case.

So could I please have official confirmation that my Launch Party invite will allow both myself and a +1 in through the doors?

Cheers

Brodie

(I added Ashley's reply for anyone who might of missed his post. T.j)

Originally Posted by Ashley Barley View Post (Source)
    If you're attending the Premiere Event as part of your Kickstarter pledge reward then this will grant you a +1. The tickets that go on sale at the end of this week will work like a standard event ticket, so will grant access to 1 person only.

well they did say during the kickstarter that all those who pledged at that level would be able to bring a +1. I don't think that will change, you should receive your invite+1 through the post soon.

Originally Posted by Mobius View Post (Source)
    well they did say during the kickstarter that all those who pledged at that level would be able to bring a +1. I don't think that will change, you should receive your invite+1 through the post soon.
    Yeah this is what i'm presuming also, but I would like to be certain before I go ahead and start booking plane tickets and hotel rooms etc

Hi Brodie!

Nice to see a "face" from Kickstarter days, have fun at the launch party! I'll be watching it via Twitch .

Originally Posted by Brodie View Post (Source)
    Yeah this is what i'm presuming also, but I would like to be certain before I go ahead and start booking plane tickets and hotel rooms etc
    Send a message to Frontier ?

Originally Posted by Patrick_68000 View Post (Source)
    Send a message to Frontier ?
    I've done this as I'm ( literally ) in the same boat as Brodie. I messaged Ed Lewis as he's the community manager and all round good egg.

I have booked the Holiday Inn Express though, on Mobius's recommendation.

Brodie - I started writing you a PM, then I saw this as I was looking for Mobius's thread to link to for the hotels.

I remember that query and yes they definitely said it would be a +1, I can't imagine that would have changed.

I will be spending the night working with tears in my eyes and curses being muttered under my breath. I don't think I'll even get the chance to watch any of it. Gutted does not start to express my feelings.

Can someone post me a sausage roll.....

Sorry you won't be there Phil, that sucks.

I can post you a picture of me eating a sausage roll, if that helps

Originally Posted by Philip Coutts View Post (Source)
    I remember that query and yes they definitely said it would be a +1, I can't imagine that would have changed.

I will be spending the night working with tears in my eyes and curses being muttered under my breath. I don't think I'll even get the chance to watch any of it. Gutted does not start to express my feelings.

That is a shame for sure, work is a 4 letter word after all!
    Maybe you'd be OK to donate your ticket to a worthy cause ...
    ummmmm

<chuckles>

Originally Posted by Winterwalker View Post (Source)
    That is a shame for sure, work is a 4 letter word after all!
    Maybe you'd be OK to donate your ticket to a worthy cause ...
    ummmmm

I would donate my ticket if I could but I didn't back at that level! I was going to buy one of the 50 tickets for sale but when I saw the date I realised that Frontier had picked one of the 4 weekends in the year I have to work and I mean HAVE.

Still I will try and mooch about on twitter if I get the chance so post lots of pictures twitter people. I bet the event will be amazing and I hope everyone really enjoys it. Maybe I'll organise myself a trip to Cambridge for my 40th Birthday and crash their offices with a hearty "Sorry I'm late"! Hopefully they will put up some highlights on youtube or twitch and I can watch those.

Enjoy the party folks, Right on Commander!

Originally Posted by Philip Coutts View Post (Source)

can I go instead please please pretty please
    ill behave I wont spit slobber or dribble on my space suit or get drunk well not much
    I pwomice and I wont swear or fart honest injun I wont
    pwease ive never bin anywhere , as important ,ever well except for being allowed upstairs on a bus on my own once by Grimsby town transport

If you're attending the Premiere Event as part of your Kickstarter pledge reward then this will grant you a +1. The tickets that go on sale at the end of this week will work like a standard event ticket, so will grant access to 1 person only.

Double Elite Global Moderator Sir.Tj's Avatar
    Good news for you guys.

As Ashley has answered the original question and if Brodie doesn't object I could change the title to the Premier Event discussion thread and stick it for the duration so any info can go in here?

Originally Posted by Ashley Barley View Post (Source)
    Yay!!!! Thanks Ashley! I can make travel arrangements now

Its interesting for me to hear people refer to this as a "launch" party. I missed the ED kickstarter so had to go and look at the pledge rewards.

If it's a launch party then it kind of follows that gamma will kick off around the same time, possibly the week after ?

I can hardly contain my excitement

Page 1 of 87 1235 Last