Page 1 of 56 123411 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Elite: Dangerous Newsletter Thread

1. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #1

Elite: Dangerous Newsletter Thread

Elite: Dangerous Newsletter Thread

Hi Folks,

Here for your delectation, delight and general all round digestion you will find a link to every newsletter for Elite Dangerous.

Enjoy.

30th Anniversary Newsletters

Newsletters

Some nice information in there,

I wander if there will be several models of cockpit available in the final game, just to make each ship that bit more individual.

Nice Newsletter Ashley. Thank you.

I do like that we can access the pictures on your Photobucket account.

[Suggestion]
    Introducing the rest of the crew working on the game might be an idea for future Newsletters. (We have seen a few more names here on the forum than those presented in the "Meet the Team" update on Kickstarter.)
    If they prefer to stay out of the limelight that is of course understandable.
    "Adventure is just bad planning."

It was very nice. I did enjoy the concept art. Those capital ships look gorgeous, and I look forward to flying far too close to them.

"Tower, this is Maverick requesting flyby..."

Cockpit designs look good, and it's interesting to see that the middle-size ships like the Sidewinder are getting cockpits. Is there an answer here to that age-old question "do Elite ship cockpits/bridges have windows that look directly out into space"?

Originally Posted by Selezen View Post (Source)
    It was very nice. I did enjoy the concept art. Those capital ships look gorgeous, and I look forward to flying far too close to them.

"Tower, this is Maverick requesting flyby..."

Cockpit designs look good, and it's interesting to see that the middle-size ships like the Sidewinder are getting cockpits. Is there an answer here to that age-old question "do Elite ship cockpits/bridges have windows that look directly out into space"?
    Ive always imagined that small fighters eg Kestrels do have "windows" whereas medium \ large traders eg Cobras dont. Very interesting pictures here

That said Ive designed ship models with what may appear to be winscreens but dont actually function as such, probably housings for sensor arrays etc.

I'll have one of those Imperial warships please!
    The Elite - Founder
    Special Developments Section (SDS)

Lots of nice pictures and design sketches.

Overall a quality newsletter that I thought was good and makes it a joy to be partaking in the kickstarter.

I am technical so would like loads more technical details of the development in the future, but it was a good start and I realize many are not technical.

Enjoyed it however could be a little bit more personalized i.e. who are the designers and what do they do ?

We’re looking into starting a fiction video diary to keep you up to date on fiction related developments in the next few weeks.
    going to start a cannon confirmed/suggested thread as well?

Some nice designs. The Federal cruiser could use another chunky bit on it. Second set of fighter images fit nicely into the Elite universe, the first set not quite so.

Durable looking geometric chunks on ships look functional, aggresive, and immediately distinctive.

Any chance older ships will be in the game, like LRC, Griffin etc? Second hand, easily outclassed, but cheap. Buyer vetting not required...

Nice update, anyway we can get it as a download? (pdf perhaps)

Originally Posted by breakpointUK View Post (Source)
    Nice update, anyway we can get it as a download? (pdf perhaps)
    http://pdfmyurl.com/

Thumbs up Good :)

Great to see the update. Thanks so much to all at Frontier!

I loved the different Capital Ship designs. My firm favourite so far is still the Imperial Cruiser just on sheer looks alone.

Playing Elite since '84 computer class. '85 on my ZX Spectrum. DDF member.
    The most expensive game I've ever bought. Worth every penny.
    As of 18/04/13 - Enjoying a BBC Master 128k Elite version on original BBC Master hardware. I implore the reading to do likewise. Awesome is just too small a word to describe it.... Still hitting the stations during docking though

Loved the concept art. Had the thought that a part of the regular newsletter could be for myth busting any misconceptions, or pointless conversations that crop up in the ED or PBF sections.

Originally Posted by Cmdr M.G.Dangerous View Post (Source)
    Loved the concept art. Had the thought that a part of the regular newsletter could be for myth busting any misconceptions, or pointless conversations that crop up in the ED or PBF sections.
    but but but without misconceptions or pointless conversations we would have nothing to talk about!

Page 1 of 56 123411 ... LastLast