• 03: azdour - Who's watching who?

4 50.00%
  • 04: psykokow - The Vanishing

1 12.50%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Drabble Poll: Supernatural

Drabble Poll: Supernatural

Welcome to this week's contest, which has a rather scary theme.. Supernatural

Thank you for picking the theme, Bleke.

And thanks also to Psykokow who's put together an audio version to scare the bejesus out of us
    http://thargoidandfer-de-lance.com/s...bles231014.mp3

The nine entries have been repeated below to make it easy for you to cast your votes. Three votes per forumite.

And anyone caught voting for themselves will be haunted by me after my death.

01: Frank - The Spaces Between
    ¯¯
    Joe's Cobra was loaded with enough firepower to take out a squadron of Thargoids. With practised precision, he tricked his drive into a netherstate and slipped his craft between universes to continue to avenge his wife's death.

Unfortunately there were lots more than a squadron waiting for him. He yelled his wife's name as a battlecry before charging towards the maelstrom of pink lasers.

Mick doesn't enjoy hyperdrive. He doesn't enjoy the way his instruments go haywire. "What was that!?" he screams a bit too girlishly as he stares at the scanner.

The commander assures his co-pilot. "Just a ghost."

02: Bleke - The Kultaneito
    ¯¯
    Some know-it-alls yakked something about gravitational projections on interstellar dust. Sid didn't know what to believe. He did know what was going to happen though, he'd heard the story repeat itself all over human space.

The orange Long Range Cruiser looked solid enough. His Asp a gnat against the lit-up company lettering which read "VÄHÄ-RANTALA".

After being loaded with a third of the wealth from the Andceeth vault it had suffered a misjump. Few believed it wasn't forced.

He had just found an airlock through which to enter when the cruiser flicked out of existence.

Sid didn't bat an eye.

03: azdour - Who's watching who?
    ¯¯
    The ship came to a slow halt at the edge of the nebulae.

The pilot was transfixed as if the hypnotic patterns of the cloud had enticed him near.

The nebulae ebbed and flowed, almost as if it was breathing.

It's fluorescent arms of coloured particles moved as if directed by a supernatural force stretching out to the ship.

It's arms caressed the hull as if it was determined to understand the new entity that was within it's grasp.

Could it be that this cloud was really alive? A thought that echoed through the pilots mind as the ship left.

04: psykokow - The Vanishing
    ¯¯
    In space no-one can hear you scream!
    Tell that to the regulars of the Thargoid and Fer-de-lance bar on Barnards Star Station.
    The Screams had been upsetting the customers, the haunting desperation really put them off their drinks.
    The Source?
    Sven, the barman stood still, frozen in time. His horrific stare locked on a glass of bubbling amber. Sweat formed on his forehead and his body shook with concentration…
    16 glasses of Janx poured, only one remained, all it took was a blink, he shook as his eyes struggled to stay open.
    <BLINK>
    The Glass was gone.
    He screamed “FRANK!!!!!!”

05: T.j - Ultimate revenge.
    ¯¯
    The peaceful silence was broken as the ships engines quickly accelerated to full throttle.

He looked puzzled, when he swore he could hear someone breathing other than himself.

No-one answered his call even though he knew he was alone in deep space.

Why was the ship on a direct course to the star that now filled the cockpit window?

The Proximity Alarms wailed.

The controls were locked out.

A soft voice whispered in his ear.

"Enjoy your last flight my Assassin"

He spun around to find himself still very alone.

The memory came flooding back of his mission to kill.

06: MrMogadon - A Virginis Tale
    ¯¯
    An asteroid in the constellation Virgo.

Facts
    1: It's almost entirely made from Platinum-190.
    2: Only 2 people know it's location. Jack Stone (flying off to register the claim) and Gary Shaman (left to die on the surface).

3 years later, the opening ceremony. Jack, standing in the main control room (a grand glasshouse construction), gives the order to start drilling. He thinks back to Gary's stream of curses and threats to “return from beyond”.

A cold breathe blows on his neck.

Had supernatural Gary returned?

No!!

“Never could keep his promises”, Jack murmured, moving away from the air-conditioning duct.

07: STABB666 - Final Destination.
    ¯¯
    She’s a fine old lady, this ship o’ mine,
    In space, such grace of curving line,
    At dock, a stillness so sublime,
    Gently kissing the stars who shine,
    Upon our skin, the burn of time.

Until we find our hearts design,
    One with another, we wander- lonely,
    But when she sings, she roars, she hums,
    The noise of engines- beating drums.

Forever joined, our soul becomes,
    Lost, in darkness, and terror comes,
    Before the mighty, my heart it cowers,
    From the deep, the great eye scours,
    The heavens, for a ship like ours,
    And from the pit, its maw devours.

08: insanephoton - Eternal love?
    ¯¯
    A chill ran through his body as he boarded the derelict ship.

'You came back for me at last, my love.' a soft familiar voice whispered from the darkness.

He turned to see the glowing figure of his former lover. She looked the same as when he'd last seen her so many years before.

'What? how can this be?' he blurted.

Her sad gaze turned from him to the desiccated corpse in the pilot's seat.

Now he understood. Tearing off his remlok he cried with his dying breath 'I'll never leave you again, my love. We'll be together for eternity.'

09: Ian Phillips - Running scared
    ¯¯
    They edged down a darkened corridor, torchlights showing eerie shadows and blood splattered across the walls.

Movement caught the corner of their eyes, but there was never anything to see.

A groan wound itself slowly down the corridor, setting their hackles.

"It's just the hull reacting to sunlight, keep going."

"Salvage was never meant to be creepy!"

Something scurried, just outside their vision. They jumped and followed the sound with the torches, finding something cowering in a corner.

A young girls wide eyes looked up at them, blinking slowly. "I hear dead people. They mostly come out at night. Mostly"

Woo Hoo it's GO TIME

Audio RSS Feed is updated
    http://feeds.feedburner.com/AbrakaDrabble
    Drabble website updated
    http://thargoidandfer-de-lance.co.uk...abble-podcast/

Still not on itunes as yet... sorry

Don't forget if the forum is down, you can still find the drabble audio here
    http://thargoidandfer-de-lance.com/drabbles
    and through the RSS feed
    http://feeds.feedburner.com/AbrakaDrabble

Have a nice and safe Friday commanders..

I just listened to the podcast....

“FRANK!!!!!!”

It's a ironic that the first line of the post reads "The Spaces Between" Do we not get to put new lines in anymore to break up the text a bit?

Wow going to take a little while to adjust to this new forum... definitely quicker

Seems like a fellow Moderator found my entry too good (scary?) and has removed it from the poll to give all you other drabblers a chance

Attachment 298

Due to problem with attempting to alter the text formatting of this poll, a certain mod (ok - it was me) inadvertantly culled the poll options down to the default of 4.

Here is the original poll result prior to my 'assistance'.

Ohh. I was in the (shared) lead as well.

We are currently blaming the poll issue on a new "feature" of the forums, which is that you can't have more than 4 options in a poll.

It's vey hard for me to be heartbroken about what happened to the poll when I was on zero votes

I say let's restart the poll and this time make sure you vote correctly.
    .EDIT: Just noticed that not only do we no longer get any spaces between with my title of "The Spaces Between", but the votes vanished after Psykokow's "The Vanishing"...
    ... And the subject of this week's topic is SUPERNATURAL

...isn't sure what's going on. Moderator T.j's Avatar
    I'm officially sulking now..... And I had 3 votes

Originally Posted by T.j View Post (Source)
    I'm officially sulking now..... And I had 3 votes
    I had 4 !

Frank - you could try a new poll, but I think that you can't get more than 4 options at the moment. - not a high priority!

Well it is clear we will need to adjourn the vote for now, and hope for the fix or update soon.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast