Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: [Updated] Community Sourced Trading and Route Planning Website

[Updated] Community Sourced Trading and Route Planning Website

Hi Commanders,

I haven't really plugged my site in a while but with Beta 3 about to arrive and the new features I thought I'd better raise it's profile a little so new folks know it exists. It's been around since Alpha and has over 2300 registered users.

The site allows you to query a database of community sourced trading data in a variety of ways as well as plotting routes between systems.
    Check it out at http://www.elitetradingtool.co.uk/

Fly safe,
    Cmdr Thrudd

Recent Changes
    Route planning is now done in the browser rather than on the server which should provide a large boost to performance. The first query per system will be a little slow as your PC processes the route map but subsequent requests will be faster.

System location data is direct from edstarcoordinator.com so it will automatically improve as the community gathers data.

Users that have achieved the rank of Expert can now add all missing commodities to a station with a single click. This should make populating new stations much faster.

New dark design more in keeping with the Elite: Dangerous theme and because lots of users said the white theme was too bright when playing in the dark.

Station and system selectors moving to an auto complete based system as drop downs were getting too fiddly with so many locations.

The route planner on the trade calculator has returned after it's short hiatus.

I'm working on an API for the site, some functions have already transitioned to it but there is a lot to add and test before I release any details.

The next iteration of the site will be focusing on admin improvements to help data entry and checking.

Originally Posted by Zebidie View Post (Source)
    Hi Commanders,

I haven't really plugged my site in a while but with Beta 3 about to arrive and the new features I thought I'd better raise it's profile a little so new folks know it exists. It's been around since Alpha and has over 2300 registered users.

The site allows you to query a database of community sourced trading data in a variety of ways as well as plotting routes between systems.
    Check it out at http://www.elitetradingtool.co.uk/

Fly safe,
    Cmdr Thrudd

Recent Changes
    Route planning is now done in the browser rather than on the server which should provide a large boost to performance. The first query per system will be a little slow as your PC processes the route map but subsequent requests will be faster.

System location data is direct from edstarcoordinator.com so it will automatically improve as the community gathers data.

Users that have achieved the rank of Expert can now add all missing commodities to a station with a single click. This should make populating new stations much faster.

New dark design more in keeping with the Elite: Dangerous theme and because lots of users said the white theme was too bright when playing in the dark.

Station and system selectors moving to an auto complete based system as drop downs were getting too fiddly with so many locations.

The route planner on the trade calculator has returned after it's short hiatus.

I'm working on an API for the site, some functions have already transitioned to it but there is a lot to add and test before I release any details.

The next iteration of the site will be focusing on admin improvements to help data entry and checking.
    excellent, and well done on so many users (i didnt realise it was that many), i make it part of the game as opposed to a chore (which it isnt) to land and update the prices on the site

hell yeah

Love the tool set. Boosts profits, creates multi-stage routes, finds black markets.

Originally Posted by Zebidie View Post (Source)
    COOL. I'm looking forward to it.

A few questions:
    • Would it allow users (with authentication) to upload information to it?
    • Will the API allow to download the most current info (ie prices)?

Both cases could be very useful to let for example Trade Dangerous upload to and download info from your site. The TD community is also very much alive. The end effect of sharing data with each other is that both tools are more up to date with info like prices.

Edit: You probably have seen it already but I've added your tool to the "List of third party tools using star systems (coordinates)" in the OP of the crowd sourcing project to get system coordinates.

Just wanted to reply quickly--CMDR Thrudd, I've been using and updating prices in your tool since I joined Beta two months ago. Your tool has been down right indispensable, so I wanted to offer a gigantic THANK YOU for taking the time to create it and keep updating it. If there's anything I can do to assist in maintenance beyond just monitoring prices, do let me know.

Can't get it to work-keep getting this pop up
    A script on this page may be busy, or it may have stopped responding. You can stop the script now, open the script in the debugger, or let the script continue.

Script: http://www.elitetradingtool.co.uk/bu...88Rlj8vCoK81:1

That is nicely done. Very clean and should work well on a tablet/phone (I have multi monitors but prefer to run ED fullscreen rather than windowed)

Oh I like this implementation of the all the tools around. Does fit in nicely with the ED theme and seems to work quite nice on the iPad. Have some rep

I use your tool regularly and it is really helpful. I only have a small issue, and that may well be due to the fact that I am using it on my Kindle Fire HD.
    I find that the keyboard covers the boxes that require filling in, and you cannot scroll enough to be able to see them easily.
    I don't have a second monitor or I would use that. Although my PC is running on all cylinders just to work ED, so it may not be a good idea for me.
    But, as I say. A very useful site.
    Thanks.

Love the tool and have used it since beta 1 and post updates too. One minor issue: just plotted a quick route as a test (magec to morgor, 6.3 ly range.) and it routed me via Training . That's not a real system outside of the tutorials is it?

I can say this tool was a great help to wrap my head around trading when I first started Thanks!

I discovered this tool this weekend and found it incredibly useful, particularly with the route planning functionality. I really enjoyed participating in updating the station costs and it was invaluable in my search for various commodities. Thanks and I love the new color scheme - it is much better for playing in the dark. Cheers!

Originally Posted by kelgrath View Post (Source)
    Love the tool and have used it since beta 1 and post updates too. One minor issue: just plotted a quick route as a test (magec to morgor, 6.3 ly range.) and it routed me via Training . That's not a real system outside of the tutorials is it?
    Destination and Training are used in the tutorials. They were in the spreadsheet file which Michael Brookes posted in the "What is the most efficient way to crowdsource the 3D sytem coordinates for Beta 2 ?" thread to help that project. It seems Zebidie has not removed them from his coordinates list ;-)

Thanks for this!! A fantastic tool

Originally Posted by wolverine2710 View Post (Source)
    Destination and Training are used in the tutorials. They were in the spreadsheet file which Michael Brookes posted in the "What is the most efficient way to crowdsource the 3D sytem coordinates for Beta 2 ?" thread to help that project. It seems Zebidie has not removed them from his coordinates list ;-)
    hehe those damn locations again. I removed them from my data but now I'm getting data from edstarcoordinator.com they're back again. I'll message TornSoul and see if he can remove them.

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

Originally Posted by Commander Jameson's Ghost View Post (Source)
    Can't get it to work-keep getting this pop up
    A script on this page may be busy, or it may have stopped responding. You can stop the script now, open the script in the debugger, or let the script continue.

Script: http://www.elitetradingtool.co.uk/bu...88Rlj8vCoK81:1
    It sounds as though the routing process is taking too long and the browser is thinking it's timed out. Send me a PM with what search you are doing. Maybe your criteria are too vague and a lot of results are coming back and so its taking a long time to work out the routes.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast