Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 815161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Complete list of all third party tools, spreadsheets, manuals and other data sources

(To be) found on another big well known Elite Dangerous forum.

The tools are already in ED3PTT so no action needed.

Note: Perhaps I add this overview as well to ED3PTT because its concise - but probably have to change urls so they point to ED3PTT.

A copy/paste snippet from the thread: "Mobile API" based tools. Ideal for trading, logbook, exploration, ship-loadout tools.
    Similar (mobile api based) tools

As with other tools like trading tools there is no such thing as "one size fits all". Some commanders like a GUI, some like a command line tool, each trading tool has pros and cons (depending on the commander). For each and every tool there is a (different) audience. Which is great. The same is true for tools which use the mobile API.

At the moment of writing (20150604) there are three publicly available tools. I know there are quite a few more but those haven't been publicly released. All three have in common that they are written in Python and are open source. The source code is available on repository hosting services like Github and Bitbucket. Should a certain tool X not have a certain functionality all its takes for a coder is to look at the alternatives, update X with the needed functionality and create a pull request for it. The author of tool X can then decide if it should be merged in his/her tool.

In alphabetical order (tool. thread name)

• EDAPI. EDAPI: Elite Dangerous API Tool. With Trade Dangerous support.
    • EDCE aka edce-client. EDCE: Elite Dangerous Companion Emulator
    • EDMC aka EDMarketConnector. Thread. Elite: Dangerous Market Connector

Update: I´ve removed the urls to be in compliance with the FD forum rules. Apply google-fu.
    Relevant thread: Any news on the official ED API ?

Originally Posted by Otis B. View Post (Source)
    I've used Thrudd's in the past but I don't have enough rank to upload. Please try this version of the E: D Market Connector app and let me know whether Thrudd is happy with the data that it produces.
    Edit:
    Release 1.30 of E: D Market Connector supports exporting to CSV for use with Thrudd's Trading Tools.
    Annnd it's gone. I know the official policy is still in force, but since Michael indicated that they are discussing allowing the use of the Companion API, as long as it doesn't impact FD, can we have a bit of tolerance for these kinds of tools until official word?
    LET PLAYERS DETERMINE THE MISSION REWARDS AND WORK FOR THEM.

It is by will alone I set my ship in motion.
    It is by gaming that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning.
    It is by will alone I set my ship in motion.

damn, thats just sad, an simple and easy small app like that is precisly what is needed.
    ​Touch my coffee and you DIE!!!

Originally Posted by ANG3R View Post (Source)
    damn, thats just sad, an simple and easy small app like that is precisly what is needed.
    The author of EDMC has created a thread on redit for support, discussion. You can find it here (url).

Update: I´ve removed the url(s) to be in compliance with the FD forum rules. Apply google-fu.
    Url involded. Thread name: "Elite: Dangerous Market Connector".

For more information about and an overview of OCR error Free (OEF) aka mobile api based tools see this FD thread.
    Relevant thread: Any news on the official ED API ?

CMDR-Check 4.1 now have a webpage: http://cmdr-check.weebly.com/

Originally Posted by Corwin Arzak View Post (Source)
    CMDR-Check 4.1 now have a webpage: http://cmdr-check.weebly.com/
    Added it to ED3PTT.
    Really nice app. Thanks for reporting it here. Its nearly impossible to keep track of all threads.Rep +1 here and on Redit.

You might want to consider releasing it also here in FD forums. Its likely you get much more here.

Commander: Patau82
    Tool: Universalcartographics.org
    Thread: Universal Cartographics Galactic Record Breakers
    Summary: A companion website for the Universal Cartographics Galactic Record Breakers thread and the Universal Cartographics The Galatic Record Book.

Added it to ED3PTT

Commander: Patau82
    Thread: Universal Cartographics Galactic Record Breakers
    Summary: An overview of found "Universal Cartographics Galactic Records" in the ED universe.

Decided to create a thread as well as tool entry. Most likely the now beta website (featured in the thread) will get its own website.

Added it to ED3PTT

Commander: Barking_Mad
    Thread: Powerplay - Player Guide
    Summary: A large and clear "powerpoint" presentation (actually google docs slide) about PowerPlay.

Added it to ED3PTT

Commander: Tealc
    Tool: War zone & CG Tool.
    Thread: Zone de conflit - a web app for War Zone and Community Goals
    Summary: Web tool to register active conflit zones and community goals

Added by biobob to ED3PTT

moved to more appropriate thread 'What is the most efficient way to crowdsource the 3D system coordinates'

Originally Posted by Zoy View Post (Source)
    moved to more appropriate thread 'What is the most efficient way to crowdsource the 3D system coordinates'
    I'm not sure what you mean?
    Could you elaborate?

Name: Captain's Log
    Author: Genar-Hofoen
    Description: Captain's Log is primarily an Elite: Dangerous Explorer's application, allowing you to keep track of all your jumps into systems, as you explore the galaxy.
    Source available: No
    Thread: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=155545
    Compatible with Release: Yes
    Author Comments: I wrote this for myself, inspired by the most excellent EDDiscovery application. I really like EDDiscovery, but I didn't need/want some of its features, and I wanted features not currently available in it. So here is Captain's Log.

Originally Posted by NoTones View Post (Source)
    Name: Captain's Log
    Author: Genar-Hofoen
    Description: Captain's Log is primarily an Elite: Dangerous Explorer's application, allowing you to keep track of all your jumps into systems, as you explore the galaxy.
    Source available: No
    Thread: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=155545
    Compatible with Release: Yes
    Author Comments: I wrote this for myself, inspired by the most excellent EDDiscovery application. I really like EDDiscovery, but I didn't need/want some of its features, and I wanted features not currently available in it. So here is Captain's Log.
    @NoTones. Thanks very much for reporting this entry. Much appreciated. I missed his thread, probably many more ;-(
    If others read this, please do report tools, threads, videos you like. It will be added to ED3PTT.

Added it to ED3PTT.

Note:
    ED3PTT is shaping up quite nicely. We both had time to seriously work on it - Biobob doing the coding ;-) A lot of the planned features for the first release are already implemented. All features are being put on the rack for some recreational torture testing. Despite all the screams (which the neighbors somehow don't like that much) the darn thing does NOT break. Which is good from a coding point of view ;-) Biobob has done marvels with the site. Still no ETA but we are getting there. Next thing will be moving it from the small testing server to its final destination. We have also given a commander access to it, for testing and to see if we overlooked something. Fingers crossed.

Current contents ED3PTT: Tools: Approx 80. Threads: 58. Video: 2

Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 815161718192021 ... LastLast