View Poll Results: Which Three Stories Deserve Your Treats?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • 01 STABB666 - Orange you tired of waiting already?

1 10.00%
  • 02 Frank - Peter Sellers in a Lift

2 20.00%
  • 03 Ian Phillips - Elite Trader.

3 30.00%
  • 04 Splendour - Witches and Pumpkins

5 50.00%
  • 05 T.j - Trick or Treat?

4 40.00%
  • 06 Bleke - Wanderer

3 30.00%
  • 07 MrMogadon - Punders of Creation (or Shoehorning a Spelling Mistake into a Bad Drabble Punchline)

1 10.00%
  • 08 Galactic midden - Why the Bobblehead's need a rest

2 20.00%
  • 09 Psykokow - The Robbery

6 60.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Drabble Poll: Psykokow and his marvellous magicical pumpkin

Drabble Poll: Psykokow and his marvellous magicical pumpkin

The time of the Witchspace is upon us, and to celebrate we have nine miss-shapen stories, hand carved by seasoned Drabblers. They may be scary to look at but each one has an inner light.

Pick your favourite three of the above. You can find out who has emerged as the victor on Sunday night. Anyone who votes for himself shall be most definately tricked instead of treated.

AUDIO VERSION OF THE DRABBLES HERE

01 STABB666 - Orange you tired of waiting already?

Bright orange isn’t the most common color that his buyers went for, but the guy in the significantly less than bright orange jumpsuit had known what he wanted, so whatever floats his ship was fine with Bob.

Bob was a good salesman- No, he was an excellent salesman, but he’d never thought he’d get rid of this cursed wreck.

As the buyer in orange climbed into the seat, he flipped on the mains and was dismayed by the readout- “Synchronizing software.” He sighed and asked “How long will this take?”

“Dunno mate”. Said Bob, turning away to count his credits.

02 Frank - Peter Sellers in a Lift

The door to the station cabin opens and Psykokow invites you in. He pushes someone forward to greet you. "Meet my brother."

Psykokow's brother is wearing a wizard's hat, and his dark purple coloured onesie is covered in stars and arcane symbols. They stare at you as if waiting for some words to go by.

While everyone was looking around the cabin, occasionally catching each others' eyes there's a muted <pwarp> noise. Suddenly everyones' eyes start darting in an accusatory manner, until the brother hangs his head in shame.

So there you have Psykokow and his marvellous magicical pump kin.

03 Ian Phillips - Elite Trader.

Space cracked open and ejected a ship in a burst of energy, light and heat signalling the point for all to see. The Ship orientated itself, then leisurely coasted to the space station requesting docking permission on the way.

Once landed a private comms channel was opened.

"I've got it, and it's marvellous. Just what you ordered for the halloween banquet, but I had to go all the way to Magicical to get it. That'll cost you extra!"

Later, at a well known Banquet hall, someone rang the bell.

The doors opened to reveal Psykokow and his marvellous magicical pumpkin.

04 Splendour - Witches and Pumpkins

When man leapt away from the Earth and scattered amongst the stars he didn't leave his superstitions behind. Witchspace was a return of the primal unknown, unpredictable and deadly, and the snake oil salesmen were quick to exploit a new market.

'Jimson’s Protective Paint’ briefly turned the spaceways lurid green, ‘Le Grange Aerospace’ made several fortunes fitting non-functional engine 'upgrades', and Cyberpope Janus IV’s blessed 'holy' fuel supplements arrived on the interstellar scene with a splash of marketing and disappeared just as quickly. In some early model Cobras you may still find a complimentary "Psykokow Marvellous Magical Pumpkin" dashboard charm.

05 T.j - Trick or Treat?

Fourteen hours he'd sat there...

Nothing.... not a sausage... nary a nibble....

He'd kept peering through the window and had checked the doorbell worked a hundred times

Puzzled he decided to ask for advice on the galnet

"Trick or treaters tend not to knock on the doors of spaceships 130 light years in deep space you total spanner" came the reply.

Psykokow sat despondantly in his frankenfurter onesie nibbling on another cola-cobra surrounded by the ever increasing pile of empty wrappers. He looked sadly at his marvellous magical pumpkin carved into the shape of chewbrookie and stifled a forlorn sob.

06 Bleke - Wanderer

People turn their heads as I walk the endless crowded hallways of the space station. Children point and shout as if they've never seen an adult in a onesie before.
    I don't know how I got here. I turn this way and that in the hope that somewhere something will stir a memory. Sometimes I'm approached by guards. They say "Come Mr. Kow, we'll take you home." Then they take me to some place I've never seen before. There's usually a woman there who calls me "dear" and gives me food. I'm at the mercy of strangers.
    But in there is also my magicical pumpkin. I remember it. It's the one constant in my life.

07 MrMogadon - Punders of Creation (or Shoehorning a Spelling Mistake into a Bad Drabble Punchline)

Psykokow had been working for months preparing his entry for the Barnard Star Halloween Extravaganza.

Through selective gene manipulation, he had imbued a pumpkin with the prestidigitative skills of David Blaine, but kept the improved personality of the pumpkin.

Psykokow was sure he would win the contest.

However, he also discovered (please don't ask how) that apart from being able to do card tricks, the Frankenstein pumpkin had an amazingly rich taste, zero fat and sugar content, and only one calorie’s worth of energy.

He advertised his act as follows, bearing in mind post-Halloween "opportunities":

Psykokow’s Marvellous Magic 1cal Pumpkin

08 Galactic midden - Why the Bobblehead's need a rest

"Have a psykopumpkin!" T.J. the hooker announced.

Bruised and battered the Barnard's Bobbleheads rugby team stared dejectedly at the plump orange fruit on the dressing room floor. It was half time and here again was another of T.J.'s wild attempts to 'guarantee' them a win.

"This stuff is special". The players groaned.

"What! Like the psykocheese when unstoppable flatulence ruined our game against the Ross154 Rampagers?"

"No, a mysterious little Daniels fella, Paul was his name, showed me. You just eat the fruit and say the 'magic' call."

Unfortunately T.J. just didn't understand the hooker's duty of working with props.

09 Psykokow - The Robbery

The plastic baby fell onto its face, triggering a recorded giggle.
    The gang just stood around it staring at each other.
    Frank the mastermind spoke first ‘It’s plastic??’
    TJ grimaced ‘We Kidnapped a toy??’
    Frank swore loudly, ‘Bloody Kow, plastic Children? How are we meant to get a ransom for that?’
    T.J. smiled ‘Still we got his safe, and its’ almost open, we might have stolen it after all!’
    The safe door groaned under pressure before bursting open with a bang..
    Inside a note that read.
    ‘You’ll never get my marvellous magical pumpkin but please have a happy hollow wean’

I can't believe that 'Kow went for Hollow wean and that people are actually voting for it.

...isn't sure what's going on. Moderator T.j's Avatar
    Originally Posted by MrMogadon View Post (Source)
    I can't believe that 'Kow went for Hollow wean and that people are actually voting for it.

It's a sick world you know.......

I have updated the OP with a link to the Audio version for your enjoyment..

http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/Abrak...bles311014.mp3

Originally Posted by T.j View Post (Source)
    It's a sick world you know.......
    It's worse than that! He's actually winning now. I think it's because he wished everyone a Happy Halloween within his Drabble. Darn! I wish I'd thought of that.

restricted words?? all i said was ....

How do you vote? Also this is the one with the sexy character in story 2. And also ... does the captcha ever go away?

Ah the swear filter got you!!! To vote you click next to the drabbles you like (3) in the poll at the top of the thread. Catpcha will stop eventually

So it is Mr Mogadon reading his own drabbles... I wondered how Psykokow could have such range in his vocal cords when I heard the last reading.

Well done, both of you!

Originally Posted by Moof View Post (Source)
    restricted words?? all i said was ....

How do you vote? Also this is the one with the sexy character in story 2. And also ... does the captcha ever go away?
    The only three characters in Story 2 are you, Psykokow and Psykokow's brother. I think we can all rule out Psykokow, and his brother if they share any similarities. Only you can decide if you are the sexy character <shrugs>

Peter Sellers in the title refers to a movie clip. I suggest you watch it twice for maximum impact.

Frank when are you planning to have a listen to the Audio file, I really hope I portrayed your drabbles the way you all want.

Originally Posted by psykokow View Post (Source)
    Frank when are you planning to have a listen to the Audio file, I really hope I portrayed your drabbles the way you all want.

Excellently read as always. I particularly liked the coughing and the end as if you were choking on a bad pun.. or could that coughing be due to toxic gasses?

hollow wean
    It kind of kills the joke when you have to look up what the words mean

wean (weɪn; wiːn)
    n
    1. Scot and Northern English a child; infant

[a contraction of wee ane or perhaps a shortened form of weanling]

Originally Posted by Frank View Post (Source)
    [SIZE=2]

The only three characters in Story 2 are you, Psykokow and Psykokow's brother. I think we can all rule out Psykokow, and his brother if they share any similarities. Only you can decide if you are the sexy character <shrugs>
    When I posted the above I didn't realize you were Psykokow's brother. My apologies, not for the post, just my general sympathies. All you can do is hope there's some truth in the phrase "When the made him they broke the mould."

Originally Posted by Ian Phillips View Post (Source)
    It kind of kills the joke when you have to look up what the words mean
    I can't say it's a phrase I was familiar with, but I got it from the context. Reminds me of a idea I had to have a T.J. character speaking in dialect Maybe not in a drabble, but perhaps sometime in the T&FdL, though perhaps not in the current story arc.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast