Page 37 of 668 FirstFirst ... 2733343536373839404147 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Abraka Drabble The Old Official Drabble THIS IS AN EX THREAD IT IS DEADED

Originally Posted by Bikky View Post (Source)
    Unfortunately I won't be at Lavecon

I'll host this time and take my turn. Will put the poll up on Tuesday, Voting to end Friday. That should give us plenty time.
    That's great Bikky. I'll host the next drabble poll after yours then.

I'm can't make this year's LaveCon as well. Maybe next year's will have dancing girls and fully working Cobra IIIs.

Last Journal Entries

Day 1. Six hours since tunnel collapse. Five trapped. Carrie says comms unit beyond repair. Hopeful Manticor plc rescue imminent. Must be aware.

Day 2. No sounds of excavation in shaft beyond collapse, but could be some distance. Air stale so digging in one hour shifts. Rationing water.

3. Second collapse. Carrie buried presumed dead. Max injured.

4. Draco dead - said giving Max water a waste. Lucy stabbed him for it.

5. Lucy gave me last of water, says she doesn’t care now Max dead.

6? think Lucy dead. dark, battery low

very weak. love you mum dad sorry

Mining: Minors

'Workin' on a chaingang.' The crew chanted 'hammer and an axe in hand.'
    'Would you listen to them.'
    'Workin' on a changing, try a make the boss a grand.'
    'Will you lot shut up? It's not like you're prisoners or slaves.'
    'Ok boss,' shouts one of the crew, but it feels like slave labour for what you pay us.'
    'You lot are all paid rather well, now stop twisting'
    'Was talkin gruff wi' the big boys last night an we ain't paid half what they's on for this diggin lark.'
    'You're all paid well for minors under sixteen years old.'
    Pew Pew LazoR!
    You Tube clips going on at YouTube

Rare Find - IAN PHILLIPS DUN THIS ONE

This is the diary extract:
    'Rarity is the key. I orbited the planet for weeks, getting complete scans of the land, whilst storms chased across the continents. My new analysis programs have really nailed it! The diggers start tomorrow. Sweet Fortune, stay smiling.'

We found the diary at an automatic mining site on an uninhabited planet. The analysis programs had put him right on the money. The diggers had worked for years and there were TONS of opals stockpiled. But Fortune had stopped smiling for him. He was eaten by something big.

Bidding for the analysis program is now open.

Miners dreams

Some of us still dream of the mother lode, most of us just struggle to get by.

There's nothing left worth mining in the core. Even on the frontier it's getting harder.

The corporations out compete us independants. They can strip a system in months that would take us centuries. Their labour costs are low, minimum wage for most and the Imperials just use slaves.

So we head out further, to the edge of the frontier and beyond. It's hard, dangerous work and you never know what you will find. Every time we head out, we hope 'Maybe this time?...'

...isn't sure what's going on.
    Originally Posted by Cathy View Post (Source)
    Thanks T.j

Heads up - Cyborgs should be in there somewhere. And I think Weightless was "zero-g" just to be extra annoyingly picky
    No problem, I've added Cyborgs, Space station and changed weightless to Zero-G

Any more let me know and I'll amend the original list.

Mine has a bit of a funny in it. Was at our local watering hole last night with the mrs and the poochies after walking them. While Chelle was texting family for arrangements for mums birthday, I did my drabble.

Part with through she reached over to my phone and swished her finger on the keyboard (i use swype gesture typing). and the word gruff appeared. I laughed and told her i'd now have to re-think so I could keep that word in there.

so 99 words are mine and 1 word is my mrs... Does that still count?

Originally Posted by T.j View Post (Source)
    No problem, I've added Cyborgs, Space station and changed weightless to Zero-G

Any more let me know and I'll amend the original list.
    Oh and T.J. After the poll is completed and I announce the winner, I'll put a list of covered topics for you to check. I think this should be done in future so the winner know's what topics not to have.
    Pew Pew LazoR!

A Stabler Market

The mining laser had been burning away for weeks and the cargo hold was filling up nicely.
    All this mineral is going to make him wonderfully rich...

He calculated the profits.. 'I mine it for 3.52 credits per tonne and I sell it for 6.89 when the market peaks'.

The Laser fizzled out, the hold was full..

It took a week to be docked at Lave... Excitedly he skipped to the trading floor. Trading Supervisor John Stabler stood smiling smugly, 'I have some bad news for you commander...”.
    He punched John right in his face! 'I'll give you “markets crash” '.

Originally Posted by psykokow View Post (Source)
    The mining laser had been burning away for weeks and the cargo hold was filling up nicely.
    All this mineral is going to make him wonderfully rich...

He calculated the profits.. 'I mine it for 3.52 credits per tonne and I sell it for 6.89 when the market peaks'.

The Laser fizzled out, the hold was full..

It took a week to be docked at Lave... Excitedly he skipped to the trading floor. Trading Supervisor John Stabler stood smiling smugly, 'I have some bad news for you commander...”.
    He punched John right in his face! 'I'll give you “market's crash” '.
    love the ending,

Motherlode

Dust from a thousand novae, aswirl in the well of a protostar.

Brownian chaos, systemic evolution where gravity is king and biggest is best.

Speck by speck, dust gathers, and a thousand million billion pebbles spin in the vortex.

A spark, a flash, ignition in the central core. The stellar wind sweeps all before it, leaving empty void between the rocky dregs.

Accretion, collision, and fiery heat separate the earths from the gases, the common from the rare.

Orbit stabilization and the chaff collects in Langrangian formation with the dominant gassy giant.

Somewhere out there, the rarest find of all.

Unknown Encounter

“Emergency systems online, Nav Computer Rebooting, Engines entering Safety restart protocol “ the Computer calmly voiced,

“What! the hell was that?” the Commander looked up only to see a gigantic vessel just sitting a few hundred meters away doing nothing, the Commander was a little shaken by this sudden appearance and looked at the vessel and guessed that it had to be anywhere between 5 to 8 miles long by a couple of miles Wide.

“Systems Online, Nav Online Engines Online” the Computer calmly voiced,

just then the Vessel jumped into hyperspace, “ Computer! Track that vessel and pursue “

Stiletto killers!

London, the great city lost to the ice for a thousand years
    Ten thousand of the hardest miners in the galaxy

He was there, but the odd one out
    Chips of ice flung everywhere as pneumatic drills dug deep

Magnificent fines happening all over, but the gold vine had still not been found
    Till yesterday! A bottle of Coco chanel

Ferviously he kept drilling, there, there, the prize!
    He held them up high, the colour dazzled of them

Jimmy choo shoes!

Fred notice the eerie quiet

Ten thousand female eyes cast an envious glance
    Suddenly Fred didn’t feel safe anymore!

Commander Illu Minti..Imperial Agent of the Empire/Illuminati Group
    Battlesong Victory Not Vengeance

Mining Rights

Commander Tom Watt stood uncomfortably in the mining rights office. The fake wood panelled room wasn’t his environment; he was at home hundreds of metres underground, mining precious metals, just him against the planet.

Then his business partner Sarah Yaw decided he was getting too old, that he wasn’t mining enough metal each month and had tried to take his mine away from him. He would have been less angry if she hadn’t been his wife.

The registrar coughed and looked up apologetically at Tom.

‘Well according to this marriage document and registration forms,’ he said, ‘Watt’s mine is Yaw’s.’

Voting Poll now up here http://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6594

I forgot to add a finish date for Friday 5pm, So that's the cut off point I'll use, unless an admin can do that for me

3 Votes only please.

I used openoffice to count words, (manually counted the one that was short)
    Pew Pew LazoR!

Page 37 of 668 FirstFirst ... 2733343536373839404147 ... LastLast