Page 42 of 668 FirstFirst ... 3238394041424344454652 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Abraka Drabble The Old Official Drabble THIS IS AN EX THREAD IT IS DEADED

Originally Posted by Bikky View Post (Source)
    Plagarism at it's most Oblivious
    Yup Though maybe I should make the darker ending less subtle... I was expecting more of an outcry
    Tales from the Frontier - an anthology of official Elite: Dangerous stories

Originally Posted by Bikky View Post (Source)
    Reminds me of getting into OOlite, after years of counterstrike. Space was an action button, in OOlite its fire :s
    Yep, both stories were inspired by personal experiences of messing up docking.
    Elite: Dangerous | Infinite Freedom | Blaze Your Own Trail
    If you're grinding - you're playing it wrong.

Okay! A message to any stragglers out there. The poll goes up this weekend so get in your entries now.

Accidents can happen...

Space is dangerous. Accidents happen all of the time. Except that some of these accidents aren't.

I'm a problem solver. I make problems go away. Some people can be 'problematic'. My employer doesn't like that. When people won't listen to reason, it's amazing how 'accident prone' they become.

Like the journalist that kept snooping around where she shouldn't. Tragically she was crushed by automated cargo handling machinery.

Then there was the politician that asked awkward questions. A promising career ended when he didn't survive his shuttle colliding with an Anaconda.

Don't say anything or you might have an 'accident' too...

It's make your mind up time

You've read all the Drabbles, and now it's time for you to vote for your favourites.

and the link to the poll is here
    This poll will close on 17/07/2013 at 9:17 PM

Anyone can vote for up to 3 drabbles,
    The contestants shouldn't vote for themselves,
    The winner gets to choose the topic of the next drabble,

Thanks for the vote Bikky. As a special treat, I've stolen your drabble idea and twisted it a little:-

Scots Wha Hae

The lassies were in minikilts for the ceremonial dance. They placed crossed swords on the floor and started to prance around them to the drone of the synthopipes with their arms held high. The President of Caledonia explained to the visiting dignitary "That'll be tha Swordie Dance."

The lassies then placed shields on the floor to dance around. "Therrr's tha Shieldie Dance"

The bonnie lassies then swung two axes into the floor, left them embedded, and highland-flinged their way around them. "An' therrr's tha most dangerrrus dance o' them all. Tha lassies arrr always cuttin' therrr calves on the axes."

... And remember folks, there's still a day of voting for the real drabbles just follow the link in the above post and cast your three votes.

$
    Frank,
    Putting the 'pun' back into 'punishment'

Originally Posted by Frank View Post (Source)
    Thanks for the vote Bikky. As a special treat, I've stolen your drabble idea and twisted it a little:-

Scots Wha Hae

The lassies were in minikilts for the ceremonial dance. They placed crossed swords on the floor and started to prance around them to the drone of the synthopipes with their arms held high. The President of Caledonia explained to the visiting dignitary "That'll be tha Swordie Dance."

The lassies then placed shields on the floor to dance around. "Therrr's tha Shieldie Dance"

The bonnie lassies then swung two axes into the floor, left them embedded, and highland-flinged their way around them. "An' therrr's tha most dangerrrus dance o' them all. Tha lassies arrr always cuttin' therrr calves on the axes."

... And remember folks, there's still a day of voting for the real drabbles just follow the link in the above post and cast your three votes.

$
    Frank,
    Putting the 'pun' back into 'punishment'
    Do like that. And you don't actually say what the dance is.... you leave it to the reader to say in their head the Axie Dance
    Pew Pew LazoR!
    You Tube clips going on at YouTube

Let the pun detonate deep within the head of the victim. It causes more damage that way.

Originally Posted by Frank View Post (Source)
    Let the pun detonate deep within the head of the victim. It causes more damage that way.
    lol!

Post Gas Guzzler

The Sanctimonious shuddered as she hit the atmosphere. With the atmospheric shields flaring brightly around the Asp Explorer, the ship’s velocity began to slow. Both Mac and Davie stared anxiously at the dangerously low fuel gauge. The ship glided through the clouds of hydrogen and helium leaving swirling eddies billowing in its wake. The fuel gauge refused to move. Mac looked over at Davie realizing that the last thing he would hear in his life would be Davie’s “I told you so!” Thankfully, the silence was broken by a quiet ping as the fuel scoops started to work.

I know the above is a bit late but who hasn't felt that way fuel scooping.

More Sanctimonious Shenanigans

To all of you that voted for me, thank you. If you didn't vote for me, I hope you voted for someone. So it seems that it's my turn to set a topic so here goes. The next topic will be ... Exploration.

Exploration Date

'Exploration is merely the deep examination of the empty space between interesting stuff.
    Once you find the stuff the exploration is over, so then its back to looking in the big empty dull stuff trying to find that something interesting to stop looking for once you find it.'

The Student scratched his head..'So Exploration isn't the finding then?'

'Hell no!', exclaimed the tutor... 'you can spend your whole life exploring and not finding anything..the exploring is the bit inbetween'

The Student sat silently for a few minutes and then got up and walked out of the classroom never to return.

The Oriental young man stepped out the hatch of the mining ship.
    He'd finished the 5 year contract mining "Pl", the naturally occurring isotope of plutonium, discovered in the Darkin system.
    All he wanted now was a short stopover on the station to recuperate, then a ship home to Sol. No more digging ore for him, he was financially secure for life.
    He approached the station's hotel check-in desk.
    "Good day,sir. How long are you staying?"
    "Oh, a few days, then I'm back to Earth."
    "To work?"
    "No."
    "What do you do?"
    The man grinned. "I'm an ex-pl-ore Asian"

To go beyond (in Kaze no Uta)... to drabble a bit ... and then return

Oh dear, It's going to be one of those competitions.
    Pew Pew LazoR!
    You Tube clips going on at YouTube

Page 42 of 668 FirstFirst ... 3238394041424344454652 ... LastLast