Page 6 of 664 FirstFirst ... 4567811 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: No Single Player offline Mode then?

Originally Posted by Michael Brookes View Post (Source)
    As mentioned in the newsletter thread the game has changed a lot since the initial kickstarter. One of the biggest changes is the importance of the the offline component to manage the galaxy and interactions. This isn't something we can translate into an offline experience as we'd effectively have to make a new game world - we couldn't share the same world and that throws out the intent for a shared universe.
    I think backers fully understood that an offline game would NOT share (exactly) the same universe. It's pretty obvious really. And I also think it's clear that it would be a lesser experience than the online one (no injected events, no evolution of the galaxy). So your stated excuse doesn't make sense to me.

2. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #77
    Originally Posted by Windsaw View Post (Source)
    Change is good, as long it is within the boundaries of promised features for which we paid you money.
    The promesed features have to have priority over everything else.
    Indeed and the biggest promise is the game with the vision we set out with. We haven't taken this decision lightly, but having to hamper the game to work offline would have meant that we couldn't deliver the game we're making.

Michael

Originally Posted by Sir Render View Post (Source)
    I will wait and see, although I do wish they would give more details, a lot more in fact they must know so tell us
    The fact they made is so vague makes you think it's going to be as it is now. Solo play with 100% online.
    If they were to do a partial offline with connecting once a week they could as well make a full offline play. So this is what we'll get. Seriously thinking about a refund. This is not what I was promised I backed.

Indeed and the biggest promise is the game with the vision we set out with. We haven't taken this decision lightly, but having to hamper the game to work offline would have meant that we couldn't deliver the game we're making.
    You'd be only making an offline a little worse, that's all. You'd still deliver online with all the features. And believe me. Most people here would be 100% satisfied with that. You said in KS FAQ that offline might not get updates. We agreed on that. Now you're taking that away.

Originally Posted by Kayweg View Post (Source)
    Thanks for pointing that out. I was aware that in some countries those EULA's were at least contestable, what i was not aware off (if i understand you correctly) is, that there now is clear EU legislation on this topic.
    No idea how i managed to miss this, consider me corrected.
    I'll have to look that up in more detail, i stand by the rest of my post.
    Yes, since 13th June this year digital content was made 100% under the protection of all consumer laws across the EU.

It's actually written in the relevant law that it is impossible to sign away your rights by way of a EULA. It cannot be done.

This means fit for purpose\as described laws that already exist, are forced to apply to digital content, since 13th June.

No EU citizen should allow themselves to get fobbed off here, IF this affects them.

To those it does not affect, that's great but please remember there are many people that are affected by this and made an expensive purchase decision based on what now turns out to be false marketing.

Happy to take PM from anyone on this matter, I had a very similar case on another matter (photographic solution) and won.

5. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #80
    Originally Posted by ChrisH View Post (Source)
    I think backers fully understood that an offline game would NOT share the same universe. It's pretty obvious really. And I also think it's clear that it would be a lesser experience than the online one (no injected events, no evolution of the galaxy). So your stated excuse doesn't make sense to me.
    The problem is that the galaxy mechanics all sit on the online servers. The data set and processes are huge and not something that would translate offline without considerable compromise to the vision. Trust me we didn't sit down and think what would annoy people the most! It's a choice we've had to make and so we've taken it.

Michael

Michael it seems for some you cant win

If its not fully off line you offend some

if its not some fully on line pvp fest for other they will be upset

I'm glad you are doing two things

1. Sticking to your guns and making the game YOU want
    2. Doing things that make it as playable as possible subject to 1

So you are making a game but not the game you promised in Kickstarter.

Is that what you are saying?
    Really?

I for one would not have backed the game if there was no option for solo play, I have zero interest in multiplayer and now to find out that there is no chance of that I will endeavor to get a refund of the 200 i paid to back the game either from FD of via my CC company

Originally Posted by bamber View Post (Source)
    Michael it seems for some you cant win

Well, if only ED did one of those things well, but at the moment it doesn't.

Originally Posted by bamber View Post (Source)

Difference being, one of those things was promised, and the other wasn't. And people decided to make pledges on the basis of what was promised.

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

Originally Posted by zhaith View Post (Source)
    I for one would not have backed the game if there was no option for solo play, I have zero interest in multiplayer and now to find out that there is no chance of that I will endeavor to get a refund of the 200 i paid to back the game either from FD of via my CC company
    I'm seriously considering the possibility of pursuing a refund - at least down to beta level.

The way sp offline mode is outlined in the newsletter is how I always assumed it would be, and even if I hadn't assumed it, I can't for the life of me imagine why I'd be upset about it. Seems a completely bizarre thing to get so upset about...

Originally Posted by zhaith View Post (Source)
    Luckily there still is Online Solo.

I am mostly disappointed because it means no mods, cheats, and no offline galaxy in which I can fool around in.

For other players, those with poor Internet connection, this is a deal breaker and they will be wanting their money back I'm sure.

Originally Posted by noodle View Post (Source)
    Difference being, one of those things was promised, and the other wasn't. And people decided to make pledges on the basis of what was promised.
    I think that as KS backers we are not well protected but we certainly should alert KS to the fact that there's a company not playing by the rule - comms and delivery of documented promises etc.

I have great Internet, but it's about the principle. Who wants to deal with a company like this?

oh what rubbish - if you bought into kickstarter and so forth on the basis that you could play offline then more fool you

Page 6 of 664 FirstFirst ... 4567811 ... LastLast