Page 1 of 66 1235 Last

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: #LAVECON Summer 2013

Exclamation #LAVECON Summer 2013

On the evening of Saturday 29th June we will be hosting the Summer 2013 #LaveCon event!

All four hosts have arranged to be at the same location in meat-space and would like to invite listeners of the show and fans of Elite Dangerous to come along as well.

This is our first meeting, so we're expecting things to be low-key. If you're interested in Elite, eating, drinking and breathing then why not join us in sunny Cheltenham for a night of enchantment & wonder / drinking & good times.

All attendees will receive a limited edition gift that has virtually no monetary value.
    To book your place, go to the event page http://lavecon.eventbrite.co.uk

OOOOOOh... whats the dress code?

Originally Posted by psykokow View Post (Source)
    Double breasted jackets and deck shoes.

Originally Posted by psykokow View Post (Source)
    Onsies only acceptable by explicit agreement from the organisational team!

I have a onesie.. not sure I have a suit with one boob on it nevermind two...

hmmm time to raid my daughters wardrobe.

Anyone in/near Sussex thinking of going?

If anyone wants to bring their Amiga Frontier:Elite II Save Disk I can transfer to an ADF file for you

I could bring my projector down... if there is a large white wall... or a screen (i don't ave wun...) it has HDMI inputs...

Hdmi projector Beats my dvi projector

Depends on your brightness.. mine is AWESOME in a relatively dark room.. not great in sunlight at all

STUNNING for space games though!!

There's no set venue at the moment. We need a good idea of how many people are coming before we know what's going to be happening.

So far the only thing booked is our hotel rooms, at the Cheltenham Thistle.

A very auspicious date, as it is also the start of Birthweek

Originally Posted by JohnStabler View Post (Source)
    There's no set venue at the moment. We need a good idea of how many people are coming before we know what's going to be happening.

So far the only thing booked is our hotel rooms, at the Cheltenham Thistle.
    How much was the bookings and how long did you book ? I am 4 hours away so would need to stay...

How about we chip in and hire a local hall?

Has anyone approached FD for support, I guess not financially but maybe some content and they could send some staff down for chats etc...

Originally Posted by breakpointUK View Post (Source)
    How much was the bookings and how long did you book ? I am 4 hours away so would need to stay...

How about we chip in and hire a local hall?

Has anyone approached FD for support, I guess not financially but maybe some content and they could they could send some staff down for chats etc...
    They had a web offer of 65 for twin or double room. Check it out, should be available.

Fozza is keen to hire a room if we have numbers. Vance why it is so important to get people expressing interest.

Not sure about FD support. Don't want to take up their tome and resources unless there's major interest.

Originally Posted by JohnStabler View Post (Source)
    They had a web offer of 65 for twin or double room. Check it out, should be available.

Fozza is keen to hire a room if we have numbers. Vance why it is so important to get people expressing interest.

Not sure about FD support. Don't want to take up their tome and resources unless there's major interest.
    Yeah, FD are gonna be tied up I suppose, maybe just an exclusive video (early release) instead

Originally Posted by breakpointUK View Post (Source)
    Yeah, FD are gonna be tied up I suppose, maybe just an exclusive video (early release) instead
    Ha. That would be awesome.

Perhaps Ashley will read this and send us that gameplay video he's got saved up

Page 1 of 66 1235 Last