Page 1 of 147 1236 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 2195

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Refund experiences (relating to offline issue)

  1. #1
    OddNoise
    Guest

    Refund experiences (relating to offline issue)

    First off, this isn't intended to be a thread for discussing the ins and outs of the whole offline issue, whether a refund is the correct route, or the legal situation. Let's try and keep things factual and polite.

    The intention of starting this thread is for people who have already requested a refund, or those considering it, to find out what steps have been taken to issue those refunds. Since we have only been told that requests will be dealt with on a 'case by case basis', it may also be useful to see which backer levels are being refunded and to ensure there is some consistency between cases.

    My own refund request was for the Premium Beta level, purchased via the store, and was made over the weekend. I have yet to receive a response. It's still early days though, and I would imagine (hope) that a policy/process is being drawn up to handle the situation.

    Has anyone received a response yet? Please share your experiences to make this process a little more open than it currently is.

  2. #2
    A quick question OddNoise, Since you Premium better have you ever logged in to the game (Even if only or 5 minutes). Because you have then personally I would say no to the refund or at best just the price of the released game. Otherwise its like the bloke in the pub buying a pint then drinking most of it and then complaining to the bar staff that the beer is dead so he wants his money back.

  3. #3
    Originally Posted by Tobytyke1972 View Post (Source)
    A quick question OddNoise, Since you Premium better have you ever logged in to the game (Even if only or 5 minutes). Because you have then personally I would say no to the refund or at best just the price of the released game. Otherwise its like the bloke in the pub buying a pint then drinking most of it and then complaining to the bar staff that the beer is dead so he wants his money back.
    If you order a Samuel Adams Winter Logger but get a Bud Light, should you be forced to pay for it?

  4. #4
    Kickstarter backer here, requested a refund on Monday and have also received no reply yet, unless you count the automated acknowledgement.

  5. #5
    FD said that they are handling kickstarter refunds on a case by case basis, because things get tricky if you have already benefited from the things you pledged for.... For people who preordered the mercenary pack, refunds should be straightforward

  6. #6
    If you'd already drunk most of it, then yes.

  7. #7
    Originally Posted by Mengy View Post (Source)
    If you order a Samuel Adams Winter Logger but get a Bud Light, should you be forced to pay for it?
    If you then go on to drink it, yes.

  8. #8
    Originally Posted by Mengy View Post (Source)
    If you order a Samuel Adams Winter Logger but get a Bud Light, should you be forced to pay for it?
    If you've drunk it (or some of it), then yes. If not, then no.

    Edit- double ninja'd!

  9. #9
    Originally Posted by Andrew_C View Post (Source)
    Kickstarter backer here, requested a refund on Monday and have also received no reply yet, unless you count the automated acknowledgement.
    When you say automated acknowledgement do you mean an email one? Cause I didn't get one for my request from the shop. Or is it different for backers?

  10. #10
    Originally Posted by Mengy View Post (Source)
    If you order a Samuel Adams Winter Logger but get a Bud Light, should you be forced to pay for it?
    Wrong analogy. If you fund a brewery having plans to brew beer that will taste like a Samuel Adams Winter Logger, would you have a leg to stand on (no pun intended) when it taste like bud light?

    For the topic, I haven't requested a refund. I don't think I ever will.

  11. #11
    I requested a refund yesterday and I also bought into the beta with the understanding that the game would have an OFFLINE mode just like with my Steam games.

    @Tobytyke1972
    I use my laptop for my games. I take my laptop home to receive updates. I take my laptop to work play on my hour lunch break and when I have to be at work supervising after hours - This is one of the main reasons why I have a laptop. It's convenient for when I am at work for those long periods of down time. I do not have access to wifi at work or a cable I can hook up to my laptop so in other words no access to the internet during my off time. Steam is awesome for me because I can go into OFFLINE mode and still play ALL of my purchased games that I have.

    I purchased this beta after researching the fact that they stated an OFFLINE mode. I wanted to get ahead of the game purchasing the beta - updating at home and be ready for launch day when I'm at work. Sooooooooooooo as you can see now I want a REFUND!

    And no I have not received any reply from Frontier to my refund request.

  12. #12
    I've submitted a support ticket to request a refund since I was only interested in offline play. Looking back at my email, I ordered the beta on 10th August and paid using Paypal. I am still within the 180 days to open a Paypal dispute so that may be an avenue to explore if I don't hear back in a timely manner from FD.

  13. #13
    @KillTaker what i'm trying to allude to is people are saying that they want refunds, they are Beta backers and now that the game isn't what they expected (Mostly due to what FDev revealed) they want their money back. But previous to Friday's Newsletter they were happy playing the Beta. Why then should they receive their money back for a product/service which they have already received and used.

    I do understand that their are some special cases (IE People that brought the Alpha/Beta just so that the game could be made), but i'd imagine that they are a lot less than people are saying.

    Bottom is you paid for a service/Product and have used that service/product then i believe you shouldn't be entitled to a refund.

  14. #14
    Refund requested today for Premium Beta, no response as yet.

  15. #15
    Originally Posted by Tobytyke1972 View Post (Source)
    Bottom is you paid for a service/Product and have used that service/product then i believe you shouldn't be entitled to a refund.
    How about looking at it like this. You buy a beta because you want to start playing the game early. You also buy it based upon the advertised feature set which on 10th August when I bought the beta included offline play. At the same time you understand that not all features will be available until release so are tolerant of the fact there isn't a full offline mode in the beta. Since 10th August I have played the training missions and been online for less than 5 minutes.

    Fast forward to now. I read 30 minutes ago on the BBC website that offline play, the feature I bought the game for, will not now be included. Why should I not ask for a refund?

Page 1 of 147 1236 ... LastLast