Page 120 of 147 First 116118119120121122124 Last
Results 1,786 to 1,800 of 2195

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Refund experiences (relating to offline issue)

Originally Posted by ThatFuzzyTiger View Post (Source)
    If that element was removed outright, the game would satisfy the criteria of an MMO (just) if both it and private groups were removed, simply giving you a button to "Connect to galaxy" which dropped you in to open play - That would satisfy the criteria of an MMO, and would therefore no longer mean DRM applies.
    Why not? It being a MMO does not mean it is automatically DRM free. They could let us run our own servers without them managing the digital rights aka DRM free.

35 days.

No refund.

No information.

No updates to my tickets 3421 (old system) or 9830 (new system).

Originally Posted by stamasd View Post (Source)
    35 days.

No refund.

No information.

No updates to my tickets 3421 (old system) or 9830 (new system).
    I'm with you. It's like my request just went into a void or something with the lack of response from them after their initial acknowledgements of the request and the standard mails they sent out asking if we really wanted a refund...

-.-

The longer this farce continues, the less likely I am to ever spend a dime on anything with Brabens name or it, or anyone else working for this company.

Originally Posted by xyphic View Post (Source)
    There's a never-ending argument about what constitutes DRM with an online-only game. There's no legal definition, and I'm sure Frontier could make a compelling case as to why they feel it doesn't have DRM. My view on it is that if Frontier disallow reselling of the game account, that would be a form of rights management. But I am not a lawyer so my view on the legality of it counts for little.
    Disallowing reselling the product you bought would be in violation to European Court of Justice rulings. DRM - Digital Rights Management means to control what people do with the content, as where they install, or use it( hear,watch, play, depending on the product).
    So a server instance 'controlling' and deciding if you could use your product is pretty likely to be considered a form of DRM.
    I'm not sure Frontier ever argued against a refund on the basis of DRM. I heard only discussions about use of the product (time using the Alpha or Beta, usually what people consider "help testing").

Originally Posted by teamkill View Post (Source)

[SPOILER](...)People who bought access through the web site (non kick starter) - If you bought through the web site at any level above pre-order and have played at any time before release you will probably be offered a partial refund for the price of the pre-order game as long as you haven't played post release.

Pre-Order only - As long as you haven't played you will probably get a full refund.

To anyone who is trying to obtain a refund, I sincerely wish you good luck but please set your expectations of what you might be offered reasonably and consider at what stage/level you bought into the game.
    By definition of Alpha/Beta TESTING and the fact neither Alpha nor Beta were the actual game, but specifically test environments, to HELP Frontier in the development of Elite Dangerous people could consider the time spent testing the mechanics, filing feedback tickets and doing the job of beta testing for free, as a valuable contribution, that companies usually would have to pay for.

So expecting at least a full refund seems quite reasonable to me.

Originally Posted by beelbeebub View Post (Source)
    I do not mean this post to kick off an argument, I am simply pointing out the wording on the KS page and speculating as to what FD intended as "DRM Free". Clearly other opinions about what "DRM free" means exist and, as individual opinions, are equally valid as mine.
    Apologies to MODS if this is over the OT line, if so is there a thread that this reply would be better placed?
    Apparently it is not OT, so...

There is no opinion, DRM free is DRM free or not.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Always-on_DRM

The qoutes you posted clearly refer to the multiplayer part.

Originally Posted by erfahrung View Post (Source)
    Why not? It being a MMO does not mean it is automatically DRM free. They could let us run our own servers without them managing the digital rights aka DRM free.
    Being an MMO drastically changes the kinds of terms that are applied to a game. An MMO cannot have the term DRM applied to it (Blizzard's cases against the botters sorted that out) because it's then considered "protecting trade secrets".

Originally Posted by SuperGhostMaster View Post (Source)
    Nice attempt at burying this thread.

I'm going to post here every day, at least twice a day, until I get my refund. I was offered 35 pounds, which is about 3/4 of what I paid (not sure how they came up with that) and there has been no movement on my ticket since; that was a week ago today.

Until then, I'll keep tweeting, FB'ing and posting here until something is done.

NOTE: When I had a broken Wolfenstein game from Activision it took 1 phone call to get them to replace the game. Given, not a refund, but I got a differenct Activision game of my choice. My experience with Frontier at this point has been so bad I don't care if you made the game to end all games, you're not getting a dime of my money again.
    I still have yet to get my refund. I'm posting to keep this thread alive and log my current status of the refund request.

I have also responded a second time since their original response offering the refund with no reply from Frontier. At this point, I'm starting to get a little ticked off at the idea that it takes this long to process a payment they have already agreed to make. Investigations? Sure, those take time, but mine is over and the refund offered.

Just give me my money.

Originally Posted by SuperGhostMaster View Post (Source)
    I still have yet to get my refund. I'm posting to keep this thread alive and log my current status of the refund request.

I have also responded a second time since their original response offering the refund with no reply from Frontier. At this point, I'm starting to get a little ticked off at the idea that it takes this long to process a payment they have already agreed to make. Investigations? Sure, those take time, but mine is over and the refund offered.

Just give me my money.
    I'm in the same boat. It's been a little over two weeks since I accepted Frontier's partial refund offer and they've yet to send the refund or respond to my inquiries about its status. This is getting ridiculous.

36 days.

Care to guess? Yes, no replies, no refund, no communication at all.

Back after a forced break STILL no refund, just automated garbage........Going to give it till after the holidays and go to the small claims court instead, gave them a fair crack of the whip, no more nice guy. Then again, I may just turn up on the doorstep of FD and ask for a refund in person, see how they like an angry customer loitering in reception

Originally Posted by ThatFuzzyTiger View Post (Source)
    Being an MMO drastically changes the kinds of terms that are applied to a game. An MMO cannot have the term DRM applied to it (Blizzard's cases against the botters sorted that out) because it's then considered "protecting trade secrets".
    That is an additional matter. But MMOs can be DRM Free, if we get our own server software to run. In the cases where trade secrets need to be protected the MMO would not be DRM Free. I don't see why one would cancel out the other.

I've had an email from Frontier: their support team has been instructed to refund me 100.

This has been rejected, as it's not exactly the 240 they owe me.

If they want to dig their heels in and have a fight, then fine - looking forward to it.

Giving them a couple of extra days due to the holiday, but small claims court goes live in seven days if they don't refund me in full.

For the Attention of David Walsh, Chief Operating Officer.

Dear Sir

Re Letter before Court Claim, Elite: Dangerous Support ticket system Reference 3174

I acknowledge receipt of your letter dated 22nd of December 2014 relating to your offer of a full 100 refund for "Elite: Dangerous - Premium Beta".

I dispute that the Beta program benefits have any value and decline your kind offer to retain them in case I decide to repurchase the game.

As mentioned in my letter of December 16th, "If I do not receive a satisfactory response from you within 30 days of the date of this letter, I intend to issue proceedings against you in the county court without further notice. This may increase your liability for costs."

Without prejudice I accept your offer of a full 100 refund provided I do not have to have a third letter delivered at my expense to your company that once again asks for a full refund and provided that the 100 is paid in full and no fees of any kind are deduced by yourselves or any other party.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Please forward this communication to Mr David Walsh, I will attach it to support ticket 3174, I will also email it to support@zaonce.net and will place it in a forum post at https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=60257, in case that forum post is deleted I shall retain a screenshot.

Regards

I bought it after release, I tried it, saw the lack of content and features. Yesterday I started a refund through paypal and they have confirmed it today (one day later). Now I guess they are aware of the deceptive marketing they have in their website..