Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 107

Thread: New Horizons & Distant Suns (an explorers journey)

  1. #1

    New Horizons & Distant Suns (an explorers journey)

    Hello commanders!
    The time has come for this pilot to retire his battered old Sidewinder mining rig and take command of the newly launched Long Range Cobra Mk III.
    A golden era of exploration is beginning - will you be part of it?


    New Horizons

    An explorers video blog of his journey beyond the frontier.

    Part 1


    Mission brief...

    "Welcome aboard the DSS 'Shackleton Explorer', Commander"
    "Your assignment is to travel to the frontier region of 170.32.70 and begin surveying for hyperspace routes out of the Antliae Sector and in to the Orion spur".
    "If successful you will travel across the Vela Molecular Ridge and try to locate a passage through the inter-arm void and on into the Sagittarius arm".

    Good luck!

  2. #2
    Well done Erimus! Very good visual storytelling.

  3. #3
    Excellent video - can't wait to see more of your series

    (You should get yourself on Twitter too, to share your finds and if you tweet @EliteDangerous today some of your video could make it in to the montage being shown at the Premier Event)

    Wonders of the Galaxy | Titus's Law: "As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison of PVP to Griefing approaches 1" | Gentleman pirate and explorer. @titusballs

  4. #4
    Originally Posted by Voyager_NL View Post (Source)
    Well done Erimus! Very good visual storytelling.
    Thanks!

    Originally Posted by Titus Balls View Post (Source)
    Excellent video - can't wait to see more of your series

    (You should get yourself on Twitter too, to share your finds and if you tweet @EliteDangerous today some of your video could make it in to the montage being shown at the Premier Event)
    Cheers Titus. I just sent my first ever tweet (I never used it before today lol). Maybe a bit late in the day for Frontier to use some of it, but you never know.

  5. #5

  6. #6

  7. #7
    Great Videos! +1

  8. #8

  9. #9
    video question:
    How do you get the external views?

    general galaxy map question:
    can you enter common names like canis majoris or sirius to find these places? how about constellations like sagittarius for example?

  10. #10
    Deeply enjoying these vids on youtube Love the editing and choice of music too. As I said in one comment VY is huge but a bit dissapointing as its visually 'just' a big star, sure that star is a billion km from end to end (if not more) but you'd expect so huge a star, one thats also dying to also be throwing off lots of dust and gas, creating a veil round it as it edges closer and closer towards going super or hyper nova. I can't wait to see where you take us next

  11. #11
    Originally Posted by Pille View Post (Source)
    video question:
    How do you get the external views?

    general galaxy map question:
    can you enter common names like canis majoris or sirius to find these places? how about constellations like sagittarius for example?
    External shots are a bit of camera trickery Basically just me in a sidewinder filming other ships through the canopy roof.
    Yes you can enter common names into the galactic map and you can find most of them.

    - - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

    Part Four - Reaching HD 72648 on the fringe of the Vela Molecular Ridge


  12. #12
    woo New vid, that star was AMAZING, the blue/white one. Beautiful system as well I must ask though what is the Vela Molecular ridge? Only thing I could find was in Italian :s

  13. #13
    Originally Posted by madassa648 View Post (Source)
    Deeply enjoying these vids on youtube Love the editing and choice of music too. As I said in one comment VY is huge but a bit dissapointing as its visually 'just' a big star, sure that star is a billion km from end to end (if not more) but you'd expect so huge a star, one thats also dying to also be throwing off lots of dust and gas, creating a veil round it as it edges closer and closer towards going super or hyper nova. I can't wait to see where you take us next
    Maybe the environments haven't been fully finished yet. I think there is still a long way to go yet before elite is fully finished. I'm sure there's a lot more content in solar systems to come

  14. #14

  15. #15

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast