Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Elite: Dangerous Team

Elite: Dangerous Team

Hello everyone!
    I decided to create a list of all those people who are associated with the development of the game Eite: Dangerous, and working in the company of Frontier.
    This list can I get just by reading posts on the forum, and meeting the company's logo. If I miss someone, do not hesitate to write to me about it, I'll put that person to the list.

And a separate request to psykokow - do not use the pictures provided here for any processing photoshop.

David Braben

David co-wrote the original Elite game a lifetime ago (nearly thirty years ago), and then wrote the sequels, and has wanted to go back to it ever since.

Outside work David is a Raspberry Pi creator, a BAFTA judge for games and films, loves sailing, astronomy, playing board games (especially German ones), and of course computer games.

Michael Brookes

Michael is an Executive Producer at Frontier and has been with the company for nearly 10 years. His passion for Elite dates all the way back to the original game – in fact it is the game that got him into gaming in the first place.

Some of you will already have spoken with him on the Kickstarter comments and the Frontier forums. For him one of the fun parts of his job is interacting with the fans and seeing their enthusiasm for the game.

Outside of work he enjoys writing and is very much looking forward to working on the official Elite: Dangerous novel and with the other authors doing their own Elite stories.

Igor Terentjev

Igor is a senior programmer at Frontier and has been here for 6 years. He is the lead programmer on Elite: Dangerous. For him building an entire living and evolving galaxy is what excites him most about the game.

In his spare time he plays golf and has a deep interest in astrophysics.

John Laws

John is Head of Art at Frontier, and has been at Frontier for 11 years. When interviewed all those years ago he said he’d “kill to work on Elite” so five murders and a Kickstarter later, John is getting closer to that goal.

He believes that the original Elite was a master stroke of illusion, one we can learn from to bring the experience to a whole new generation of players. Through production sketches and renders John is eager to communicate the visual design ideas to our backers on how we’ll achieve this.

In spare moments, John likes to create concept on new game ideas and animate things.

Xavier Henry

My name is Xavier Henry, I’ve originally studied 3d graphics in Supinfocom, in France, and worked as 3d artist on feature film and TV commercials, I’ve also worked as a freelancer story-boarder and matte painter in Asia (Japan and Taiwan) and have since moved towards video game, concept art and art direction.

I’ve always been a dreamer and enjoy travelling, discovering different cultures, natural environments and architectures, as well as reading sci-fi and fantasy novels ( and any genre in between..) both perfect food for the imagination! Of course cinema is also a big source of inspiration, here are some of my favourite: aliens, blade runner, The Fall, Spirited Away, Dark city, Barry Lindon, or more "recently" Duncan Jones' Moon...

One of my first projects was the short movie Akryls, an Ode to the imagination inspired by the infinitely small, I would love to be given the chance to work on Elite, and be part of creating the infinitely big!”

John Kelly

John is a Senior Artist at Frontier and has been with the company for nearly 7 years. Elite was a game that truly inspired him when he played it on an Acorn machine as a toddler, pretty much the first game he ever played. Best part of the job is when you have an idea and run with it, and it works, particularly when there’s every indication that it won’t. Creating beautiful assets for videogames is a career path that started when he was 8 years old,

To be able to work on Elite: Dangerous is a dream that has never fully materialised until now. It’s thrilling to work on something that has such a passion behind it from the fans and the team developing it. Outside of work he enjoys playing games (D&D, Magic the Gathering) and of course videogames of all varieties.

John Roberts

John has been at Frontier for 4 years and is currently pretending to be a senior 3D artist. He hadn’t actually played Elite until recently and secretly assumed that docking was probably quite easy and everyone else was basically rubbish. When finally getting around to trying, he laminated his ship across Lave Station, muttered something about tachyons and had a bit of a sulk.

John has just started going to Viking re-enactment events with a few other nutters from Frontier, and has reserved a space on his desk for the skulls of vanquished enemies. It is currently empty.

Josh Atack

Josh is a concept artist who has been at Frontier Developments for a year. He really enjoys working with real world physics and the hard science world that elite provides. He is actively working to make sure this elite game looks and feels as awesome as possible.

Outside of work he mostly creates more art work. If he's really not creating art work, he might be on his bike or drinking coffee, but learnt from past experience not to mix the two.

James Avery

James is a Visual Effects Artist at Frontier and has been with the company for 18 months. Excited to work on a rich, vibrant galaxy from a visual effects standpoint James feels privileged to be part of such an exciting project that so many people want to make a reality.

James can regularly be heard making explosion noises in the office while working on effects. Throughout this Kickstarter, James has been the man behind the camera, filming and editing the updates for your viewing pleasure!

Cool this we can use as a checklist of who's who.

Ab

Originally Posted by Adam Lusardi View Post (Source)
    Thanks for the link!
    Unfortunately, I did not know about it before.
    Supplemented with information from the first post links.

Look who I've found. Seems that this is the Ashley we know and his Facebook is open for viewing:

[Removed - if Ashley wants to post his personal FB page then he can - Michael]

My apologies to Ashley if he is not happy about this. In that case: consider it as a warning, your FB page shows a lot of your life guard it as such!

6. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #6
    Originally Posted by Voyager_NL View Post (Source)
    Look who I've found. Seems that this is the Ashley we know and his Facebook is open for viewing:

[Removed - if Ashley wants to post his personal FB page then he can - Michael]

My apologies to Ashley if he is not happy about this. In that case: consider it as a warning, your FB page shows a lot of your life guard it as such!
    I've removed the link, let's leave Ashley some work and home life seperation, unless he chooses otherwise..

Michael

Thats great DobrijZmej, you are one busy dude!

and as for Psykokow, yep bet hes itching to get those pics, but hes cool when not to cross the line............i hope!

Lets not force people into the privacy settings to avoid stalkers... certainley not us anyway!!

Cheers Michael..

Josh Atack is the coolest name, ever.

Cheers,

Drew.

Originally Posted by Michael Brookes View Post (Source)
    I've removed the link, let's leave Ashley some work and home life seperation, unless he chooses otherwise..

Michael
    Sorry, about that Michael. No harm meant. It seems that the warning was in place.

11. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #11
    Originally Posted by Voyager_NL View Post (Source)
    Sorry, about that Michael. No harm meant. It seems that the warning was in place.
    No worries.

Michael

Originally Posted by drew View Post (Source)

Cheers,

Drew.
    Now there is a name I wouldn't want to see in my rear view scanner

Originally Posted by drew View Post (Source)

Cheers,

Drew.
    It's short by one letter.

How many are working on Elite Dangerous now?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast