Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: Elite: Dangerous Display Switcher

Thanks for your most excellent work thus far.

Couple of issues I have:
    I have three screens for eyefinity but your tool only gives me up to 1920x1200 res, how can I get it to show up additional resolutions like 5760x1200 or 6040x1200 (with bezel compensation).
    Because I already have three screens, the Oculus comes up as the fourth (monitor 3 in the config files) but your tool only shows three available options, can you add a fourth?

I'm currently using the backup option to backup my Oculus config and just restore it when I go back to the DK2 which works well, would you be able to implement a feature to backup and restore more than one configuration? that would be awesome!

Sorry, duplicate post.

Originally Posted by Deimos-GOW View Post (Source)
    Thanks for your most excellent work thus far.

Couple of issues I have:
    I have three screens for eyefinity but your tool only gives me up to 1920x1200 res, how can I get it to show up additional resolutions like 5760x1200 or 6040x1200 (with bezel compensation).
    Because I already have three screens, the Oculus comes up as the fourth (monitor 3 in the config files) but your tool only shows three available options, can you add a fourth?

I'm currently using the backup option to backup my Oculus config and just restore it when I go back to the DK2 which works well, would you be able to implement a feature to backup and restore more than one configuration? that would be awesome!
    I run nvidia surround as well. You can type resolutions that aren't in the pull-down list directly into the field.

My monitor settings, and Rift settings, respectively:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	eddsmonitor.PNG 
Views:	113 
Size:	64.2 KB 
ID:	42218Click image for larger version. 

Name:	eddsrift.PNG 
Views:	109 
Size:	60.3 KB 
ID:	42220
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	eddsrift.PNG 
Views:	757 
Size:	66.2 KB 
ID:	42219  

It's official, my life is complete, Thanks!

It's official, my life is complete, Thanks!
    Sorry for the late reply, I have been traveling for a while. Did you get everything sorted out?

I'm running into a problem with it. Since the last update or when I started using this with Steam. I can't change the colors.

Switching from which display I want the game in, or if it should be on OC mode works. But, not the colors.

Originally Posted by Smack332 View Post (Source)
    Sorry for the late reply, I have been traveling for a while. Did you get everything sorted out?
    It would be awesome if you could add an option for any number display rather than just a select of 3 as these days you can potentially have dozens.

Originally Posted by crua9 View Post (Source)
    I'm running into a problem with it. Since the last update or when I started using this with Steam. I can't change the colors.

Switching from which display I want the game in, or if it should be on OC mode works. But, not the colors.
    I'll check it out. Maybe they changed something in the latest update that breaks it.

- - - Updated - - -

It would be awesome if you could add an option for any number display rather than just a select of 3 as these days you can potentially have dozens.
    I'll include this in the next update, which will be released sometime before Half Life 3.

No seriously, I'll have it out sometime tomorrow. Definitely. Maybe.

I'll check it out. Maybe they changed something in the latest update that breaks it.

- - - Updated - - -

I'll include this in the next update, which will be released sometime before Half Life 3.

No seriously, I'll have it out sometime tomorrow. Definitely. Maybe.
    Thanks for getting back. I hope you can fix it soon.

Also, I have a quick suggestion. You may want to add an auto update feature. Maybe it can check for an update as soon as you open it.

GUI color switching worked fine for me, but I don't use Steam for ED. I have now updated EDDS to use GraphicsConfigurationOverride.xml. Hopefully that fixes your problem.

- - - Updated - - -

Done. Up to 10. Hopefully that suffices

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for getting back. I hope you can fix it soon.

Also, I have a quick suggestion. You may want to add an auto update feature. Maybe it can check for an update as soon as you open it.
    Good suggestion, but I didn't have time to do that now. Maybe next update.

I'm getting an error. Here is a screenshot of it.

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	126 
Size:	44.9 KB 
ID:	45490 Click image for larger version. 

Views:	181 
Size:	27.5 KB 
ID:	45491

Steam has the local files set to
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Elite Dangerous

BTW, you can get your steam key from the store for free. The advantage is steam auto updates ED.

UPDATE:
    I just moved the XML file to System 32, and that fixed the first error. Whenever I try to set the color is gives me the following, and it doesn't change the color, but it's still able to change the other settings (when you click OC or monitor)

Views:	138 
Size:	40.7 KB 
ID:	45498 Click image for larger version. 

Views:	124 
Size:	25.6 KB 
ID:	45499

I'm getting an error. Here is a screenshot of it.

Views:	126 
Size:	44.9 KB 
ID:	45490 Click image for larger version. 

Views:	181 
Size:	27.5 KB 
ID:	45491

Steam has the local files set to
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Elite Dangerous

BTW, you can get your steam key from the store for free. The advantage is steam auto updates ED.

UPDATE:
    I just moved the XML file to System 32, and that fixed the first error. Whenever I try to set the color is gives me the following, and it doesn't change the color, but it's still able to change the other settings (when you click OC or monitor)

Views:	138 
Size:	40.7 KB 
ID:	45498 Click image for larger version. 

Views:	124 
Size:	25.6 KB 
ID:	45499
    I don't see why it should find EDDS.xml in system32. It only looks for that file in the same folder that contains EDDS.exe. They should both be in your game folder, so for you that would be C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Elite Dangerous.

The second error is because it can't find GraphicsConfigurationOverride.xml. Maybe the Steam version doesn't use that.

It seems that Steam has a different file layout than the regular install. When I have time, I'll install the Steam version and have a look. In the meantime, you could try saving the following as
    GraphicsConfigurationOverride.xml in C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Frontier Developments\Elite Dangerous\Options\Graphics:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <GraphicsConfig>
    <GUIColour>
    <Default>
    <LocalisationName>Standard</LocalisationName>
    <MatrixRed> 1, 0, 0 </MatrixRed>
    <MatrixGreen> 0, 1, 0 </MatrixGreen>
    <MatrixBlue> 0, 0, 1 </MatrixBlue>
    </Default>
    </GUIColour>
    </GraphicsConfig>

Let me know if it works.

I don't see why it should find EDDS.xml in system32. It only looks for that file in the same folder that contains EDDS.exe. They should both be in your game folder, so for you that would be C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Elite Dangerous.

The second error is because it can't find GraphicsConfigurationOverride.xml. Maybe the Steam version doesn't use that.

It seems that Steam has a different file layout than the regular install. When I have time, I'll install the Steam version and have a look. In the meantime, you could try saving the following as
    GraphicsConfigurationOverride.xml in C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Frontier Developments\Elite Dangerous\Options\Graphics:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <GraphicsConfig>
    <GUIColour>
    <Default>
    <LocalisationName>Standard</LocalisationName>
    <MatrixRed> 1, 0, 0 </MatrixRed>
    <MatrixGreen> 0, 1, 0 </MatrixGreen>
    <MatrixBlue> 0, 0, 1 </MatrixBlue>
    </Default>
    </GUIColour>
    </GraphicsConfig>

Let me know if it works.
    That worked. The file was already there, but it didn't really have anything in it. (I forgot to take a screenshot of it, but it was 1 or 2 lines of nothing)
    It worked after I added the code you gave me. I even tested it to see if the thing would change the color, and that worked too. Also it saves the data (so you don't have to set the color each time)

Done. Up to 10. Hopefully that suffices
    You're a legend and a scholar.

Thanks.

Having three monitors connected that do different tasks as I please: totally helpful! Thanks!

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast