Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Meet the Team #3: Michael Brookes (Executive Producer)

Originally Posted by Björn Robèrt View Post (Source)
    In essence, my take is that the market has changed (for the better) and the PC is once again becoming a viable plattform for games.
    Agreed .... I think the PC has always been the best platform to be honest its just that the console market has grown so much and one game fits all for the particular console making it easier for the developer...

But for me the game isn't so personal or appreciated as much on a console..

Heres a sneaky picture of Michael from the Elite Twilight thread..

In relation to a number of things like video updates we hear the words "soon". It does remind me somewhat of Valve Time.

How does Frontier Time compare with Valve Time? :p

One advantage that Frontier does have is that it can count to 3 :D

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/subcultures/valve

rofl.. that DrEvil picture of Michael is hilarious.

Thats something to have printed and hang up on the walls of the company. I laughed and I laughed.

BTW... I think Michael's productivity would rise if he had another monitor.

Surely TWO isn't enough screen real estate for anyone?

And damn it, why is it such an effort to spell his name correctly? MEH!

So Michael is a fan of Iain Banks... I now have high hopes for his story.
    After all, no one who likes Excession can possibly write less than steller fiction. :)

7. This is the last staff post in this thread. #52
    Originally Posted by PaoloMariani View Post (Source)
    So Michael is a fan of Iain Banks... I now have high hopes for his story.
    After all, no one who likes Excession can possibly write less than steller fiction. :)
    You don't have to wait you can always check out some of my non-Elite work :-)

Michael

Rumour has it that in the sequel Michael is writing, a character called Kykowsow has lots of very unfortunate and unpleasant things that keep happening to him. :D

just a rumour that I may have possibly made up because it seems amusing to me

Originally Posted by Alien View Post (Source)
    Rumour has it that in the sequel Michael is writing, a character called Kykowsow has lots of very unfortunate and unpleasant things that keep happening to him. :D

just a rumour that I may have possibly made up because it seems amusing to me
    Michael pretty much denied the possibility in the interview when asked (it was actually a question I submitted):

Will the sequel include psychotic cows being tortured to death or turned into sausages?

Probably not!
    But, I do hold some hope since Michael was careful enough to use the word "probably"... :)

Originally Posted by Susimetsa View Post (Source)
    But, I do hold some hope since Michael was careful enough to use the word "probably"... :)
    Did he also use the word "soon" by any chance?

Hi Michael,

Will creation of new concept art, design, sound and effects keep continuing through and after the initial ED release?

An example would be you already have the various spaceship manufacturers versions of the classic ships, will they keep on branching out into new designs/models with their individual aesthetics.

Looking forward to the alpha!

:)

Originally Posted by Dull Bladerunner View Post (Source)
    Hi Michael,

Will creation of new concept art, design, sound and effects keep continuing through and after the initial ED release?

An example would be you already have the various spaceship manufacturers versions of the classic ships, will they keep on branching out into new designs/models with their individual aesthetics.

Looking forward to the alpha!

:)
    The plan has always been to keep on expanding the game, as long as it make financial sense that is. This first release is just the first step. They are already planning for future content, planetary landings being the first expansion, when making the game. One other example of this is that they are building the ships with the interiors in mind even though we won't see them until later. New ships seems like a given area to expand the game in.

Personally I see this first release as a "rough sketch" of the complete painting, but the "sketch" will still be awesome though :cool:. As time goes by more and more details will be filled in. :)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234