Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: EliteOCRReader - tool to read CSV files from EliteOCR

EliteOCRReader - tool to read CSV files from EliteOCR

!!! Now deprecated - EliteOCRReader now incorporates zxctypo's EliteBrainerous engine, and has been renamed to RegulatedNoise.

You can find and discuss it here:

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=86908

Nice and useful tool. Good luck with it ;-)
    I've added it to the OP of the thread "Complete list of all third party tools, spreadsheets, manuals and other data sources"

Updated: v0.003 with Best Buy/Sell info. See first post for link.

Originally Posted by wolverine2710 View Post (Source)
    Nice and useful tool. Good luck with it ;-)
    I've added it to the OP of the thread "Complete list of all third party tools, spreadsheets, manuals and other data sources"
    What a simple but great app to open multiple CSV's. Thanks!

Nice app! Makes some stuff quick and easy.
    System names is in the last coloumn in the csv file if the EliteOCR was configured to read the games log files.

Originally Posted by Anteronoid View Post (Source)
    Nice app! Makes some stuff quick and easy.
    System names is in the last coloumn in the csv file if the EliteOCR was configured to read the games log files.
    Awesome, fixed. Thanks for the help!

Youre most welcome

But it doesn't work now with the new csv files for EliteOCR 3.3

If this like a Commander log? It would output info from each place you go? Or is this for something else (what do people normally use it for)?
    Thanks!

Originally Posted by Anteronoid View Post (Source)
    But it doesn't work now with the new csv files for EliteOCR 3.3
    Updated

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

Originally Posted by jpinard View Post (Source)
    If this like a Commander log? It would output info from each place you go? Or is this for something else (what do people normally use it for)?
    Thanks!
    You use it alongside EliteOCR, roughly like this:
    1) take screenshots of commodity prices in Elite
    2) turn the screenshots into commodity data using EliteOCR
    3) use this app to read that commodity data and compare prices/stock etc.

I have no idea at all if anyone's actually using this thing apart from me, but just in case they are... updated.

Originally Posted by maxh2003 View Post (Source)
    I have no idea at all if anyone's actually using this thing apart from me, but just in case they are... updated.
    Daily. Thanks!

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

Wow! What a great update! Thanks

Have created an account just to say :

No, you're not alone !
    And yes, your tool is awesome !

Please continue to support it

Originally Posted by Oakshios
    No, you're not alone !
    Originally Posted by TheRealBix
    Daily. Thanks!
    Awesome, thanks for letting me know! I'll keep posting new versions while I still have ideas, and I won't abandon it without posting the source code first.

Please feel free to pitch feature ideas by the way. It's written in C#, you'd be surprised how quickly bits-and-pieces can be added... hence the unnecessary graphs.

Already implemented for next version: change system name for existing station.

Current dev ideas; comments gratefully accepted:

1) Add per-station, per-commodity, per-system and ad-hoc notes. Allow entry of multiple notes per station/commodity/system. Capture date of entry. Store these in a separate CSV file from the main one, so as to not pollute the EliteOCR file format. XML would be easier but CSV probably (much) more useful to users.

2) Consolidate notes plus "<Station> price data captured at 01/02/03 4:56:01" events, order in date format, and hey presto... a commander's log. Maybe have a drop-down list for ad-hoc events ("Visited sector", "Mined Asteroids", "Got killed by griefer", "Started Mission", "Completed Mission", ... ). Maybe allow commodity purchase information entry via the Station tab (but this might be a manual-data-entry bridge too far...) Ideally, provide some way to create these events without switching out of E. Ensure all manual data entry is optional.

3) App has no useful concept of historical data at the moment. Probably best to store the latest quote for <commodity> at <station> in one dictionary, and have a separate one for all historical data for the same <commodity> at <station>. Then we can do historical price graphs and the such!

4) App could provide output through a simple web server, so you could view it on your smartphone/tablet via wifi. Not sure if this is worth the effort, but it'd be nice. Note to self: system.net.httplistener.

5) ...?

These all sound like great ideas! I especially like the historical data idea. Even if it for the last 30 days (rolling) or so. Being able to see this in a line graph or such would be awesome. I like Slopey's tool, even though he is implementing an import csv function from EliteOCR, but I prefer havinf my own local found data to reference. This tool works perfect for that.

@maxh2003 Would it be possible to have a paste box for pasting text from other OCR applications? I use greenshot w/ OCR plugin and it does a pretty good job at recording what I highlight while looking at the marketing screen and OCR's it to the clipboard. Having a place to put that for injection would be very helpful and doesn't require processing a screenshot.

My method may not be as robust as EliteOCR, but it does the trick for a quick snatch and grab of prices. The uploading is the hardpart... I am not a programmer....

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast