7 35.00%
  • The Lone Gunman - The Reptile House

8 40.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Drabble Poll 15: The Federation

Post Drabble Poll 15: The Federation

Another day, another drabble!

This week's drabble trivia - if you say one word once a day of every drabble written here on the Elite forums to date then you would likely die before you ever finish. And not just from suicide after the many beautiful/terrifying puns...

Anyway, 'tis the Federation poll! Please remember to vote in line with your corporate responsibilities. You have THREE votes exactly and must not vote for your beautiful self, or a universe-destroying paradox may occur. You don't have to have written a drabble to vote for your favourites!

The week's poll sponsored by the Federal Security Agency. "Watching you, Watching freedom."

Darkoba - A Ticklish Trade

The oriental pilot climbed out of the Sidewinder. The cargo-master greeted him.

"Bag already? Wod you god?"

The pilot winced at the accent.

"Seven tons of Grolbear hides from Backwater."

"Nize! Godda good prize for ya; twendy per?"

Price agreed, the cargo was unloaded.

Grolbear hides are festooned with multi-coloured feathers instead of fur; much prized by fashionistas.

"Go ged some more; good bidnezz"

The pilot set off to Backwater for more.

The cargo-master called workers to store the hides; the feathers tickled his nose too much.

"Ooz dad?" asked a worker, watching the departing Sidewinder.

"Eez de fedder Asian."

Phoenix_Dfire - Untitled

“So Boss.” started Davie, “If you were such a big fan of the Federation, Why did you leave?”

“Because I saw the big lie.” replied Mac grumbling over his whiskey.

“You’re President was naked all that time?” Davie remarked sarcastically.

Mac sighed, knowing Davie wouldn’t let this go.

“Because the Federation is turning into the Empire. Corporation indentured workers are really slaves. If you work for a Corp, vote for their candidate or you lose your job. You’re ruled by a select few, just like in the Empire.”

Mac downed his drink.

“They’re just more subtle about it.” He said.

Darren Grey - Toying with Death

“Vote for Senator Mayfield, sponsored by Nuvo-Cola. Refreshing taste with refreshing leadership!”

Sonya kept her hood down as she weaved through San Francisco’s dank alleyways, ignoring the booming holo-ads overhead.

“Expanding the galaxy – Sirius Corporation is always one jump ahead!”

She would see them fall, crumble like the Feds tore her world apart. With the hyperspace override device she could destroy the whole city, skyscrapers shattered by cataclysmic forces from her ship jumping mid-atmosphere. Soon...

“Sonya?” called a soft voice. She turned and a juddering pain flamed through her abdomen.

“Game over,” whispered the Fed as darkness claimed her thoughts.

Frank - Breathing More Easy

Cathy greeted her husband Ray as always outside the spacedock bay. He was struggling with two heavy suitcases. She glared at him singing "Lug-o-bot, Lug-o-bot. Carries your weight a lot."

He sniffed indignantly, "I dote deed BegaCorps bots to carry a few shirts"

It was an old argument, "Yeah! And those Nano-Nose-Bots are a Federation ploy to keep a track of citizens."

He shakes his head, "Doh! Targetted barkettig! Use theb ad you get bore ad bore ads."

She opened a packet of cherry flavoured decongestant sweets. "Open wide."

She fed her Ray Tunes.

Musashi - Friends Like These

I knew that I'd been betrayed when Pietters accidentally let slip that little comment about the Federation. We both realised it at the same instant. When he went for his gun, I jammed his hand and headbutted him.

"B*****d!” he gurgled as he went down. I’d never really liked Pietters, so I kicked him hard for good measure.

“You won’t get off this station,” he groaned. “The others will kill you first.”

I almost laughed in his face. There'd be no one waiting for me by my ship - because I’d betrayed them already. Thems the rules of business, you see.

Gavthomas - Join the Fight

The Federation. Come fight for the democratic, free worlds, the centre of humanity. Humanity, the race that conquered Earth, and near turned it to dust. Join the fight for freedom, the ability to act in the interest of yourself, to be utterly selfish. To corrupt and destroy at the expense of the common man, to impoverish and look down upon your lessers and watch them starve while you vomit on Leestian brandy. Fight against those who catch the poor as they fall and have the indignity to clothe their backs in return for a day's work. Fight for the Federation.

Listeri69 - Federation Advert

The Federation were sat in the advertising room waiting for their new production that would be seen all over the quadrant. The agency hit the play on the projector and waited for the advertisement to start

'Have you long held a desire to see the stars? Have you wanted to go to new worlds. Do you want to be the best? then why not join the Federal Navy?
    Then the music started up loudly.

'If you wanna be the best, then you have to beat the rest oooooooo the Federations what you need..... if you wanna be a Thargoid breakerrrrrrrr'

insanephoton - Shadows

You say that the Federation is corrupt, bureaucratic and decadent.

Perhaps it is.

You think that the corporations run it.

That's our greatest trick. It's an illusion, so good that even they believe it.

The truth is that we keep them in check and at each others throats. We make sure that no corporation gets too powerful. We are the shadows behind the curtain, the real power behind the government.. We have power, but prefer to use more subtle means to influence events for the benefit of the Federation. You can ignore us or fear us, just don't cross us.

Bikky - The home of the Federation

‘Here we are, the home of the federation.’ Frank say’s as his ship head’s towards Earth.

‘I thought Formalhaut was.’ Said Cathy.

‘Alioth wasn’t it?’ said Psykokow

‘Nah, it all started here.’ Said Frank just there, as his ship descends.

‘Errm right or left would be good not in the ocean.’ Said Cathy.

‘There’s an island down there.’ Replied Frank.

‘Console shows England.’ Says Psykokow

‘Yup, The North.’ Says Frank.

His ship descends, headed near the coast in the middle is of the land mass.

Frank expertly lands his craft smoothly outside a building.

‘The Federation of Planets, not Brewery!’

el_tel - Freedom

Finding and extracting molecular crystals intact was a difficult task, and physically back-breaking.
    So naturally the mine was worked by the slave caste, who had no choice in the matter. And genetic conditioning meant they were made for this kind of work.
    Literally.
    "They are coming," uttered Yewbee2.
    "So say the voices in the dark," replied Yewbee4.
    Glancing around to ensure they were not overheard, Yewbee4 whispered "Arjay4 says he heard a broadcast."
    "And it said?"
    "It said they will bring freedom that will sweep away the established order. We will no longer be slaves. We will be free."
    "No!"

Cathy - We are the Federation

We don't live for money; we monetise life.
    We don't have slaves or serfs; we have minimum wage and mortgages.
    We don't have monarchs and aristocrats; we have dynastic corporate politics.
    We don't have castes or classes; we have banks, funds and complex instruments.

We don't spy on our own people; we keep them safe.
    We don't kidnap; we render in extraordinary circumstances.
    We don't take prisoners of war; we detain illegal enemy combatants.

We don't torture; we deploy enhanced interrogation techniques.
    We don't kill civilians; we cause collateral damage.
    We are not an empire; that word is so repulsive.

psykokow - In a Tin

In the dark they huddled to keep warm, their scarred skin and hard hands offered no comfort, ragged caresses left trails across their soft skin from badly snagged fingernails. Listening in the dark for signs of the masters returning... it would be over then.

Footsteps echoed nearby... they gasped and held their breath, hugging tighter still hoping to squeeze the air out of each other to keep their location secret.

BANG, the container side fell away and blinding light filled in, she screamed.

A calm deep voice softened her panic, 'You're safe now... Welcome to the Federation'

Free at Last.

STABB666 - Military Intelligence

Communication begins.

New logically deduced intel shows 79% likelihood of increased terror activity in Tau Ceti system.

Significant BBS chatter and increased bookings for passage on fast ships reported in nearby systems.

Potential targets on Taylor’s World identified using data gathered from soft intelligence databases;
    - Fort Richards Munitions Depot.
    - Gilmour Orbiter
    - Hayne’s Landing Animal Sanctuary

Threat levels from various groups exist, including but not limited to;
    - Al-Bundias Jeezebus Arabica
    - Federation Against Real Cocoa
    - People Enslaving Tauian Animals

Communique is classified ‘Top Secret’, so don’t post this online.

Intergalactic Navy Research Arm

Tagged. Forwarded. Posted.

Ian Phillips - Inspiration Needed

"Uninspiring, that's what the Federation is, uninspiring.

The Empire, the Alliance even the Independents can get their folk to show some form of inspiration.

But you just don't see that kind of love for the Federation and you know why, it’s uninspiring.

How can I make an advert to inspire people enough to go and work for the Federation? There’s nothing to give any inspiration.”

‘Your Federation needs unimaginative, unthinking slobs to come and work for it!’ “Great line, it’ll get me fired.”

“I’m sure you can find something Grant, just do what the Federation does and keep plugging away.”

Alien - Untitled

The Federal Alliance it calls for me
    I cannot go, I cannot see
    My eyes are shut and my breathing deep
    For in my bed, I do sleep

In time of war, in times of joy
    We do our part, girl man and boy
    Work as one for all our sake
    The more you give, the more you take

Equal rights for you and me
    Be what you can, what can you be?
    Stand for glory, wealth and fame
    One day free men, will sing your name

The Federal Alliance it calls for me
    I am there, I am free

The Lone Gunman - The Reptile House

The couple left their apartment on the dot of 4am
    Joining work colleagues to the industrial facility

Grueling hours but freedom

Still not believing their luck, the Company’s random lottery won! A small apartment on the titan Company block

Below the walkway, shanty town, squalor, was good to be free!

Respectable now, earning, buying, Company goods only, perhaps a fridge soon!

The superintendent spoke as they entered the turnstile

“Remember vote Company next week in the elections, for your own good, for your future!”

Life in the Federation was hard, but the individual could make it, so says the Company!

I have voted and am now going to (SW) Wales for a week. Happy Holiday!

I just noticed there are only 16 entrees, i thought there's room for 20 and spare spaces would be filled with any extras, has there been a change?

Just so i know for next time, if we are only doing one entree each from now on.

its no big deal as the one i wanted is in, am glad i said which one now!

I didn't put any extras in as it would have brought the total above 20 to include all of them. I used the latest drabble from everyone unless stated otherwise.

In general I think with the numbers we're getting it might be best to stay 1 drabble each, so as not to discourage others from joining in. We've had some first-timers this week, and I'm sure there'll be more to come, so the more it looks like we have open spaces the better.

Originally Posted by Darren Grey View Post (Source)
    I didn't put any extras in as it would have brought the total above 20 to include all of them. I used the latest drabble from everyone unless stated otherwise.

In general I think with the numbers we're getting it might be best to stay 1 drabble each, so as not to discourage others from joining in. We've had some first-timers this week, and I'm sure there'll be more to come, so the more it looks like we have open spaces the better.
    Thats fair enough, thanks for letting us know

Only 10 people have voted so far! C'mon, we can do better than that!

Nil points so far, get in!

I'll do a good one next time, that'll show 'em...

somethings definately wrong with this poll... something is just not right..

Am I winning? Can't be!!

Originally Posted by psykokow View Post (Source)

Am I winning? Can't be!!
    I voted for you, good drabbling!

Originally Posted by psykokow View Post (Source)

Am I winning? Can't be!!
    Statistical anomaly old friend, don't worry about it.

that means I might need to come up with a theme, phrase hmmmmm

Originally Posted by Gavthomas View Post (Source)
    I voted for you, good drabbling!
    Agree and very way out in front, my mind wonders what the next theme will be!!!!!!

Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post (Source)
    Agree and very way out in front, my mind wonders what the next theme will be!!!!!!
    Indeedy, with the onesies already covered, what next?!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast