Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Voice Attack Macros - what do you use?

Voice Attack Macros - what do you use?

Sparked by another thread (https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=72041), what macros have people set up in VA? For example, I use:

- "take off; launch": push power to the engines, retract the gear, ascend straight up by about 20 meters and throttle up ever so slightly to start moving forward, turns the lights off
    - "prepare to dock": deploy the gear, pull power out of the engines (makes the throttle scale a little less touchy), turns the lights on (because I can). I tend to use this just as I go through the mailslot
    - "go hot; you killed my father prepare to die": hardpoints out, power rebalanced slightly towards weapons
    - "run away": power to engines/shields, boost, retract hardpoints, start charging the FSD (might add a chaff drop to this too, thanks Jeheil).

What else have people come up with?

Spaaace, truckin', across the universe....

http://www.elitedangerousvoicepack.com/ has everything one needs... BUT

I have some personal one I hate, I use the voice GB-Hazel for the free sound, it's close to the computer one from the set and is available from Microsoft.

First, I can now say variations on "What time is it"
    Part A: once I get mouse over "Request docking" I say "Request Docking" and it says docking requested, sends the request, closes the window, stops the ship, and lets the auto docking take over...
    Part B: After the ship is sitting on the pad from Part A (and make sure the top item is highlighted) I say "Dock", it says "Docking procedure started" and it lowers the ship in the bay, open the station details, selects the fuel, repair and ammo refill

on leaving a station I highlight the launch button and say "Launch", it selects launch and says "Launching Procedure started", then I have it timed to wait till claps let go and it lifts the ship ("r") for 5 seconds (puts it nearish center toward letterbox on a station) raises the landing, sets power to engines, starts moving at 25%... this CAN be a bit tricky at pads that are REAL close to the door. I may lower that to 15% speed.

To use system jump I just say "Jump" and it proceeds to say what it is going on and Hyperjumps
    To use planet cruise I say "cruise" and it proceeds to say what it is going on and Hyperjumps

I says "Status" and the ship gives a overview of the ships systems... I am attempting to find a way to see damage and fuel in that
    I say "We are under attack" it asked "Run, fight or evade?" several sentences will cause any one those 3 to be used but simple is:
    -"run" will set power to engines, max speed, start a corkscrew flight path in a random 46-60 degree, and boost
    -"evade" will set power to balance, speed to 50, start a corkscrew flight path in a random 46-60 degree, open hardpoints
    -"Fight" will set power to weapons, speed to 50, open hardpoints, select weapons group, target nearest hostile
    If fight is losing I can say "Get us out of here" and it says "Escape protocol, getting us out", power to engines, boost and random bursts while boost recharges in spiral then change to new direction for 1 sec and restart x3 times, select cruise when clear if possible.

Being able to select each panel by name is wonderful. I REALLY wish we could ID to a specific pane in a panel
    ------------------------

(* I am also reasonably well known for contribution to Disabled game players with my Designing, Testing, and Developing of Hardware, Apps, and Mods. I am disabled myself, but the things I come up with are given back to the disabled players *)

Some nice ideas there - I will have implement a few.

I added following commands which i use in combat:

power system; full system = divert all power to systems
    power weapons; full weapons = divert all power to weapons
    power engines; full engines = divert all power to engines

power system weapon; power weapon system = divert 50% power to weapon and 50% to system
    power system engines; power engine system = divert 50% power to systemand 50% to engine
    power weapon engine; power engine weapon = divert 50% power to weapon and 50% to engine

Those commands are very useful for me in combat .. and of course default one "balance power"

I'm planing to add something like:

weapon priority, system priority and engine priority = balance power with a little more to speciffic system

I have pretty much the same, as well as:

Request docking: a sequence that openes the UI, moves to the contacts tab, selects the station, reqeusts docking, then returns the UI back to the firs tab (this is in case permission is denied and I want to request again)
    Prep for landing : stops throttle and lowers gear. I use normal thrust till very close to the pad, then switch to thrust control with the hat on my joystick. I use this macro as the point I transtion from one to the other.

And a proper geeky one, i also have "enagage" to set full throttle. This is so i can say reduce throttle, charge FSD and then say "Engage!" just like Capt. Picard to make the jump. I also use "disengage" to drop out of FSD when I get to where Im going.

Originally Posted by foxpur View Post (Source)
    http://www.elitedangerousvoicepack.com/ has everything one needs... BUT

First, I can now say variations on "What time is it"
    Genius - been wanting that with the Rift, never even occurred to me to stick it in VA. For anybody else coming past, put "the current time is {TIME} in the Say Something action in VA.

Being able to select each panel by name is wonderful. I REALLY wish we could ID to a specific pane in a panel
    I agree, would love that as well. Saw a post ages ago that said FD explicitly don't want that, as it makes macroing too easy and can provide an unfair advantage. But then maybe a dedicated "request docking" key, just like the jettison cargo key would be the most useful, I think.

Also been playing about with a confirmation command set as well. Created a command "jettison cargo", which sets a variable to true and then says "Jettison cargo - are you sure?" Then I have two other commands, "confirm jettison" which jettisons and resets the variable, and "abort" which just resets the variable. Doing the same for self destruct with a "confirm destruct". Used to have a series of code words for it ala Star Trek, that works well too - I used "self destruct sierra romeo golf confirm" (my initials, easy to remember).

Spaaace, truckin', across the universe....

I've been wondering how far you can push this sort of thing.... I mean, you could technically program fairly complex manoeuvres that are executed pitch perfect everytime.

I'm not sure this offers any advantages with how the game plays currently, but it did make me think about how far this sort of thing could go..

I wish we could target specific sub systems by name and not using next previous

I have pretty much the same power management macros as Theurios.
    I also have mouse macros for the galaxy map, to switch to specific pages, turn the trade routes on or off, or activate the search field, without touching the mouse.
    And some pre written text messages I can send to other players, such as greetings, thanks, bounty scan warning, etc.

Kiario > You should check if some subsystems are always at the same place in the list, this way you could create macros to go down X rows or up X rows in the list when naming the specific subsystem.

Voice attack is amazing

I even used it in Firefall.

"Move forward" ... and voice attack holds down the W key.
    "Turn left" .. and voice attack presses the A key.

It's great

Streaming Elite (and other games): http://www.twitch.tv/ghroznak

A song for the Imperial Pilots : https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...=1#post1226243

I think I have a VA macro for every keyboard command in the game (Lights On/Off, Deploy Landing Gear, Etc.), but I mostly use the commands for power distribution management.

Power to Engines (down, up, up, up, up)
    Power to Weapons (down, right, right, right, right)
    Balance Power (down)
    Kill speed/Divert Power from Engines (down, left, right, left, right, left) -- useful for landing

I'd love for them to change the menu systems so that the auto-top-to-bottom or auto-left-to-right is gone. That is, if I press UI panel left forever, it will cycle through all tabs indefinitely, rather than being pinned at the left-most tab. If it DID get pinned, it would be much easier to ensure than a VA macro which accesses the UI could "re-center" itself for tasks such as requesting docking permission, activating/deactivating various systems, opening mission information, etc.

I've seen a post on this forum (somewhere under the VR sub-forum) where one commander used VA to control his ship entirely as he did trade runs in his Lakon 6. He plays in the Rift, stands behind his chair, and issues voice commands like Jean Luc Picard. Using the macro system to hold various keys for set durations, he can fly his ship, dock to dock, without touching the controls. Wish I could find a YouTube of him doing it, but speaking of YouTube, they have some very interesting showcases for VA+ED.

When fighting against an enemy with turrets:

- Equip 2 chaff launchers
    - voice command to start macro
    - macro releases chaffs with the first launcher --> wait 10 seconds --> repeat and so on and so on (Chaffs are released for 10 seconds and then reload for 10 seconds. With 2 launchers you can keep them coming without having to think about them)
    - voice command to stop macro

I did not come up with this, I just saw it on a stream.

Originally Posted by KiwiShane View Post (Source)
    I agree, would love that as well. Saw a post ages ago that said FD explicitly don't want that, as it makes macroing too easy and can provide an unfair advantage. But then maybe a dedicated "request docking" key, just like the jettison cargo key would be the most useful, I think.

Also been playing about with a confirmation command set as well. Created a command "jettison cargo", which sets a variable to true and then says "Jettison cargo - are you sure?" Then I have two other commands, "confirm jettison" which jettisons and resets the variable, and "abort" which just resets the variable. Doing the same for self destruct with a "confirm destruct". Used to have a series of code words for it ala Star Trek, that works well too - I used "self destruct sierra romeo golf confirm" (my initials, easy to remember).
    I understand FD issues but for those of us with disabilities the macroing is kinda required.

How do you program the variable Y/N? Maybe I can add it to my Flight, Fight, Avoid? Or the VLC music player they catagory...
    ------------------------

(* I am also reasonably well known for contribution to Disabled game players with my Designing, Testing, and Developing of Hardware, Apps, and Mods. I am disabled myself, but the things I come up with are given back to the disabled players *)

I says "Status" and the ship gives a overview of the ships systems... I am attempting to find a way to see damage and fuel in that
    How do you get VA to access the status of the ship's systems to give an overview?

When I started, I wrote a lot of different macros but stopped using all of them when the novelty wore off. As has been mentioned, I now mainly use it to distribute power during a fight. Sometimes I'll set speed/direction with "half impulse" or "full reverse" if my hands are busy with weapons or whatnot. I do have it set to open my panels by name, though. As you stated, that comes in very handy. Even if I use the keys to open/navigate the panels without using voice, it still keeps track of which one I'm on. I initially had a problem getting that to work right, until I realized the panels are reset every time you jump. Took me a minute to figure that one out. DOH!

It keeps track of whether my landing gear, weapons, cargo scoop are deployed. For instance, if I try to jump without retracting my weapons, it will automatically retract them before it executes the jump. If I say "weapons hot" and they are already deployed, it will simply reply "confirmed". And it does other things I can't think of right now...

Originally Posted by Zephyriel View Post (Source)
    I have pretty much the same power management macros as Theurios.
    I also have mouse macros for the galaxy map, to switch to specific pages, turn the trade routes on or off, or activate the search field, without touching the mouse.
    And some pre written text messages I can send to other players, such as greetings, thanks, bounty scan warning, etc.

Kiario > You should check if some subsystems are always at the same place in the list, this way you could create macros to go down X rows or up X rows in the list when naming the specific subsystem.
    Good Idea, I will check it. But what I would like is to say for example target drive. Without opening of left panel

Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast