Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Voice Attack Macros - what do you use?

Originally Posted by foxpur View Post (Source)
    http://www.elitedangerousvoicepack.com/ has everything one needs... BUT

I have some personal one I hate, I use the voice GB-Hazel for the free sound, it's close to the computer one from the set and is available from Microsoft.

First, I can now say variations on "What time is it"
    Part A: once I get mouse over "Request docking" I say "Request Docking" and it says docking requested, sends the request, closes the window, stops the ship, and lets the auto docking take over...
    Part B: After the ship is sitting on the pad from Part A (and make sure the top item is highlighted) I say "Dock", it says "Docking procedure started" and it lowers the ship in the bay, open the station details, selects the fuel, repair and ammo refill

on leaving a station I highlight the launch button and say "Launch", it selects launch and says "Launching Procedure started", then I have it timed to wait till claps let go and it lifts the ship ("r") for 5 seconds (puts it nearish center toward letterbox on a station) raises the landing, sets power to engines, starts moving at 25%... this CAN be a bit tricky at pads that are REAL close to the door. I may lower that to 15% speed.

To use system jump I just say "Jump" and it proceeds to say what it is going on and Hyperjumps
    To use planet cruise I say "cruise" and it proceeds to say what it is going on and Hyperjumps

I says "Status" and the ship gives a overview of the ships systems... I am attempting to find a way to see damage and fuel in that
    I say "We are under attack" it asked "Run, fight or evade?" several sentences will cause any one those 3 to be used but simple is:
    -"run" will set power to engines, max speed, start a corkscrew flight path in a random 46-60 degree, and boost
    -"evade" will set power to balance, speed to 50, start a corkscrew flight path in a random 46-60 degree, open hardpoints
    -"Fight" will set power to weapons, speed to 50, open hardpoints, select weapons group, target nearest hostile
    If fight is losing I can say "Get us out of here" and it says "Escape protocol, getting us out", power to engines, boost and random bursts while boost recharges in spiral then change to new direction for 1 sec and restart x3 times, select cruise when clear if possible.

Being able to select each panel by name is wonderful. I REALLY wish we could ID to a specific pane in a panel

Does it worth it??

Originally Posted by Zephyriel View Post (Source)
    ... And some pre written text messages I can send to other players, such as greetings, thanks, bounty scan warning, etc......
    I would be very interested to see how you did this as it's something I've just started looking into.

Grenadey

Originally Posted by Grenadey View Post (Source)
    I would be very interested to see how you did this as it's something I've just started looking into.

Grenadey
    Long macro with a series of 'press and release' commands for each letter you want to type out.
    Be wary of strong drink. It can make you shoot at tax collectors -- and miss.
    --Robert A. Heinlein: The Notebooks of Lazarus Long

http://www.elitedangerousvoicepack.com/ has everything one needs...

Being able to select each panel by name is wonderful. I REALLY wish we could ID to a specific pane in a panel
    But you can , you need to reszet panels in between with con ditions, ( I did not work this out) I just request docking , regardless and ship requsts docking and gets clearance, you could also do subtargets - FSD and it would target FSD.
    There is a thread somewhere on this, prolly in archives.
    Code :
    Set [left-panel-status] value to 0
    Set [left-panel-tab] value to 1
    Set [right-panel-status] value to 0
    Set [right-panel-tab] value to 1
    Set [systems-powered] value to 1
    Set [drive-status] value to 1
    Set Text [active-left-panel-name] to 'Navigation'
    Set Text [active-right-panel-name] to 'Status'
    Set [landing-gear] value to 1
    Set [Weapons-deployed] value to 0
    Set [ship-lights] value to 0
    Set [say-panel-name-status] value to 1
    Set [say-panel-name] value to 0
    Say, 'Requesting Docking Permissions' (and wait until it completes)
    Execute command, 'Contacts' (and wait until it completes)
    Execute command, '((UI Panel Select))-Key Bind' (and wait until it completes)
    Execute command, '((UI Panel Down))-Key Bind' (and wait until it completes)
    Pause 0.5 seconds
    Execute command, 'Close Panel; Exit Panel' (and wait until it completes)
    Set [say-panel-name] value to 1
    Pause 0.5 seconds

Cheers Cmdr's

This user was unable to follow the forum rules and ended up banned or suspended! :(
    Originally Posted by Comrade Napoleon View Post (Source)
    But you can , you need to reszet panels in between with con ditions, ( I did not work this out) I just request docking , regardless and ship requsts docking and gets clearance, you could also do subtargets - FSD and it would target FSD.
    There is a thread somewhere on this, prolly in archives.

Pause 0.5 seconds
    Pause 0.5 seconds

Cheers Cmdr's
    This is my docking , had the above but didn't work out of the box

Play sound, '{VA_SOUNDS}\hcspack\take off and landing\contacting starport control.mp3' (and wait until it completes)
    Pause 0.1 seconds
    Press 1 key and hold for 0.2 seconds and release
    Pause 0.3 seconds
    Press E key and hold for 0.02 seconds and release
    Pause 0.3 seconds
    Press E key and hold for 0.02 seconds and release
    Pause 0.3 seconds
    Press Space key and hold for 0.02 seconds and release
    Pause 0.3 seconds
    Press S key and hold for 0.02 seconds and release
    Pause 0.3 seconds
    Pause 0.3 seconds
    Execute command, '((Look Ahead))' (and wait until it completes)
    Pause 0.1 seconds
    Execute command, 'Lights On' (and wait until it completes)
    Pause 2 seconds
    Execute command, 'Divert power to systems;Power to systems' (and wait until it completes)
    Pause 2 seconds
    Execute command, '((50%))' (and wait until it completes)
    Execute command, '((RS- 50%))' (and wait until it completes)
    Pause 4.3 seconds
    Play sound, '{VA_SOUNDS}\hcspack\take off and landing\docking alloaction and pad received.mp3'

This works but I'm working on the BOLD

Trying to get VA , full shields & rest engines for docking when command is given
    This is experimental noidea if its even right not test

so it will be Execute command ((Power to Docking))

Set [Dockingsystems] value to 0
    Begin Condition : [Dockingsytems] Equals 6
    Press Left key and hold for 0.03 seconds and release
    End Condition
    Pause 0.1 seconds
    Begin Condition : [Dockingsystems] Equals 2
    Press Up key and hold for 0.03 seconds and release
    End Condition - Exit when condition met

Anyone know how ?

EDIT READ DOWN ,, been working on it the above condition didn't work
    sheep[COLOR=#ff0000]R[/COLOR]dangerous .................. entropy rules
    [FONT=tahoma][B][URL="https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/369641-Off-Ship-Storage-2-4-if-not-when"][COLOR=#ff0000]
    [FONT=lucida sans unicode]Off Ship Storage 2.4 ? if not when ?[/FONT][/COLOR][/URL][/B][/FONT]

[FONT=arial][COLOR=#0000ff][B]Quality of Life Improvement [/B][/COLOR]
    ....tactile organic thinking....
    [URL]http://i.imgur.com/IPoRYYi.png[/URL] [/FONT]

Hello firstly some great stuff here!

I am new to Elite and to VA. I got most of mine worked out. However I have some questions
    about some posts here and hope you guys can help.

I apologise in advance for all the quotes and length of the post.

Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post (Source)
    I have pretty much the same, as well as:

Request docking: a sequence that openes the UI, moves to the contacts tab, selects the station, reqeusts docking, then returns the UI back to the firs tab (this is in case permission is denied and I want to request again)
    Prep for landing : stops throttle and lowers gear. I use normal thrust till very close to the pad, then switch to thrust control with the hat on my joystick. I use this macro as the point I transtion from one to the other.
    I tried a docking request in VA but it doesnt work. It worked first time now it just randomly selects different panels in the targets menu and no longer selects contacts ->station. Please could you share your docking code?

Originally Posted by KiwiShane View Post (Source)
    Genius - been wanting that with the Rift, never even occurred to me to stick it in VA. For anybody else coming past, put "the current time is {TIME} in the Say Something action in VA.
    That is awesome! Thank you

I says "Status" and the ship gives a overview of the ships systems... I am attempting to find a way to see damage and fuel in that
    how do you get an overview of the ship systems?

Originally Posted by Deggial View Post (Source)
    My most complicated (sort of) macro is "Exit". It will reset all tabs to the first and close the menu. The sophisticated (somehow...) part is the necessity of a variable to remember which menu tab I opened (status, cargo, missions, targets and so on) and to tab back accordingly.
    How do you reset tabs?

Originally Posted by CMDR Generic EventHandler View Post (Source)
    Docking Mode, Deploy landing gear, put all power into shields and reduce speed to 25%
    Combat mode, puts 3.5 pips into weapons and shields and 1 into engines, and sets the speed to 50%
    Escape Mode, (The Brave Sir Robin Maneuver), Sets speed to 100% boosts, transfers power to engines
    Chase Mode, puts 4 pips into engines, 2 into weapons boosts and sets to 100%
    Some good stuff here! might have to look at implementing some stuff.

Actually Windows does offer a few TTS not always available to the main windows, and I find "GB-Hazel" to be a free alternative that isn't that far from the Elite TTS
    GB-hazel - I think this is the one I am using. Where are the others that are not always available?

Originally Posted by Talizzar View Post (Source)
    I was watching a you tube video of a guy showing off the Voice attack and he would use "move away" when he exited out of jump to move away from the sun. The ship flips 180 and engines fire up for x number of seconds.
    This I would love to know.

Again sorry for the questions and long post.

I am a bit of a sad git with my VA. I called my voice system CARTER and my ship ICARUS both of which I made voice macro's and voice replies for haha.

Originally Posted by Red Fox Four View Post (Source)
    Voice attack is amazing

I even used it in Firefall.

"Move forward" ... and voice attack holds down the W key.
    "Turn left" .. and voice attack presses the A key.

It's great
    Firefall!...just tweaked my nostalgic bone I had every frame maxed when I stopped playing. How is it now?

http://www.elitedangerousvoicepack.com/ has everything one needs... BUT

I have some personal one I hate, I use the voice GB-Hazel for the free sound, it's close to the computer one from the set and is available from Microsoft.

First, I can now say variations on "What time is it"
    Part A: once I get mouse over "Request docking" I say "Request Docking" and it says docking requested, sends the request, closes the window, stops the ship, and lets the auto docking take over...
    Part B: After the ship is sitting on the pad from Part A (and make sure the top item is highlighted) I say "Dock", it says "Docking procedure started" and it lowers the ship in the bay, open the station details, selects the fuel, repair and ammo refill

on leaving a station I highlight the launch button and say "Launch", it selects launch and says "Launching Procedure started", then I have it timed to wait till claps let go and it lifts the ship ("r") for 5 seconds (puts it nearish center toward letterbox on a station) raises the landing, sets power to engines, starts moving at 25%... this CAN be a bit tricky at pads that are REAL close to the door. I may lower that to 15% speed.

To use system jump I just say "Jump" and it proceeds to say what it is going on and Hyperjumps
    To use planet cruise I say "cruise" and it proceeds to say what it is going on and Hyperjumps

I say "We are under attack" it asked "Run, fight or evade?" several sentences will cause any one those 3 to be used but simple is:
    -"run" will set power to engines, max speed, start a corkscrew flight path in a random 46-60 degree, and boost
    -"evade" will set power to balance, speed to 50, start a corkscrew flight path in a random 46-60 degree, open hardpoints
    -"Fight" will set power to weapons, speed to 50, open hardpoints, select weapons group, target nearest hostile
    If fight is losing I can say "Get us out of here" and it says "Escape protocol, getting us out", power to engines, boost and random bursts while boost recharges in spiral then change to new direction for 1 sec and restart x3 times, select cruise when clear if possible.

You can with that pack "Contacts" goes to the left panel and then to the 3rd tab, for instance.

I also use it and am in love with it, especially with trading. That way I have my hands free for other things (I'd best not elaborate )

Midgetalien, to make the panel macros like Request Docking work, you need to be sure of the starting tab. Always go back to the Navigation tab when you use the panel and your macros will work.
    Be wary of strong drink. It can make you shoot at tax collectors -- and miss.
    --Robert A. Heinlein: The Notebooks of Lazarus Long

I do all of the above, but I remove some commands like boost and weapons fire... just to be safe. I added panels, left and right, and evasive maneuvers.

I added the ability to request songs. I added space related songs like Children of the Sun, Heavy Metal by Sammy Hagar, Cool the Engines by Boston, and several David Bowie songs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2Dz...VLLE8Uf4MZWHRw

Originally Posted by Midgetalien View Post (Source)
    How do you reset tabs?
    Well, it is not a real "reset", but simply an specific number of left- (or rigth-) tabs, according to the menu I am in. As mentioned above, I store the menu in a variable. 'Contracts' would be '1' for example, 'Targets' would be '2'.

When calling the 'exit'-command, I use the conditional command in VA to check the variable and, depending on the number stored, execute one of the conditional blocks. Within these blocks, I tab back once or twice or even three times in order to reach the first tab. Result: a "reset".

The downside of this approach is, that the number is not resetted when using a key to close the menu.
    When calling 'Targets' a second time, the menu opens the right side (at the "old" 'Targets'-tab) and moves two tabs to the right... which is annoying.
    Hence, you ALWAYS have to close the menu calling the VA "Exit"-command (which does the reset) or remember your last tab and just open the first (="Navigation") tab to reach it.
    ◄ Furthermore, I consider that 1st class cabins should be limited to dedicated passenger ships and Carthage must be destroyed. ►

I have setup auto docking, engaging jump drive, raising and lowering guns, using different elements obviously (lights, scanning ships and systems etc.) I think most of those people have.

I think the most unique one I have is that I can say "Viper Target XXXXX Sub-System" and it auto targets the sub system of my target. This is extremely useful against players in particular who will usually evade and escape when they get in trouble in a dog fight. Nothing like shooting up their FTL or popping their cargo hold, blowing.

I also make excessive use of voice driven targeting.

What I don't like to do is anything with controlling the engine or direction. I control the ship not the computer.

Originally Posted by LordBad View Post (Source)
    I have setup auto docking, engaging jump drive, raising and lowering guns, using different elements obviously (lights, scanning ships and systems etc.) I think most of those people have.

I think the most unique one I have is that I can say "Viper Target XXXXX Sub-System" and it auto targets the sub system of my target. This is extremely useful against players in particular who will usually evade and escape when they get in trouble in a dog fight. Nothing like shooting up their FTL or popping their cargo hold, blowing.

I also make excessive use of voice driven targeting.

What I don't like to do is anything with controlling the engine or direction. I control the ship not the computer.
    I posted a thread about this asking if it was possible. Does it always target the same subsystem or can you vary/change which subsystem you are targeting mid fight?

This user was unable to follow the forum rules and ended up banned or suspended! :(

Docking

I tried a docking request in VA but it doesn't work. It worked first time now it just randomly selects different panels in the targets menu and no longer selects contacts ->station. Please could you share your docking code?
    Below is what I'm using for DOCKING , its very FAST, even with seconds delays to give sounds time to playout. I do update this Post whenever there's a better way. It allows a ship to approach a station fast and just when I see details, of the birdcage, I'm that close, I say Request docking , my ship slows down enough to enter the birdcage quickly, with full shields.Once inside the station line up with your landing pad, and then Deploy Landing Gear , which slows the ship down even more.

Approach the Birdcage Station with the PORT LIGHT (RED) on your LEFT to use this map, given your ship size
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	landingpadlocations001-660x350.jpg 
Views:	467 
Size:	63.4 KB 
ID:	12912

FIRST; Reset your panels , so Contact Tab is found ....Command is Request docking

Say Request docking
    Play sound, '{VA_SOUNDS}\hcspack\take off and landing\request for docking sent.mp3' (and wait until it completes)
    Execute command, '((Slow to Dock))' (and wait until it completes)
    Execute command, '((RS- Docking App))' (and wait until it completes)
    Execute command, 'Reset targeting' (and wait until it completes)
    Execute command, 'Contacts Tab' (and wait until it completes)
    Pause 0.1 seconds
    Press S key and hold for 0.02 seconds and release
    Pause 0.1 seconds
    Pause 0.1 seconds
    Execute command, '((Zero Nav))' (and wait until it completes)
    Execute command, 'Targeting Panel'
    Execute command, 'Lights On' (and wait until it completes)
    Pause 3 seconds
    Execute command, '((RS- Docking))'

((Slow to Dock))
    Gives full shields and rest engines
    Execute command, 'Thrusters Fifty percent' (and wait until it completes)
    Pause 1 second
    Press Down key and hold for 0.02 seconds and release
    Pause 0.01 seconds
    Press Up key and hold for 0.02 seconds and release
    Pause 0.01 seconds
    Press Left key and hold for 0.02 seconds and release
    Pause 0.01 seconds
    Pause 0.01 seconds

say Reset targeting
    Set [targeting-panel] value to 1

say Targeting Panel
    Press 1 key and hold for 0.2 seconds and release
    Pause 1 second

Say Contacts Tab
    Execute command, 'Targeting Panel' (and wait until it completes)
    Begin Condition : [targeting-panel] Equals 1
    Execute command, 'Next Tab' (and wait until it completes)
    Set [targeting-panel] value as incremented by 2
    Begin Condition : [targeting-panel] Equals 2
    Set [targeting-panel] value as incremented by 1

((Zero Nav)) After Contacts Tab has been run, it then set TAB panel back to the Navigation Tab
    Begin Condition : [targeting-panel] Equals 3
    Execute command, 'Previous Tab' (and wait until it completes)
    Set [targeting-panel] value to 1

Others to have are:

Say Navigation Tab

Execute command, 'Targeting Panel' (and wait until it completes)
    Begin Condition : [targeting-panel] Equals 2
    Set [targeting-panel] value as decremented by 1
    Begin Condition : [targeting-panel] Equals 3
    Set [targeting-panel] value as decremented by 2

When you first start ie: your in the station have landed , or quit the game & then start again , use the RESET PROFILE , to get everything in sync with VA before you take off.
    Say Launch
    Play sound, '{VA_SOUNDS}\hcspack\acknowledgements\preparing now.mp3'
    Pause 0.3 seconds
    Execute command, 'Lights Off' (and wait until it completes) .........Lights where on when coming into the dock , Off for the Reset sync
    pause 0.3 seconds
    Play sound, '{VA_SOUNDS}\hcspack\take off and landing\pre launch diags.mp3' (and wait until it completes)
    Pause 0.3 seconds
    Execute command, 'Reset Profile;Run diagnostics;Check all systems;All systems check' (and wait until it completes) ..........sync for VA
    Pause 0.3 seconds
    Play sound, '{VA_SOUNDS}\hcspack\acknowledgements\initiating.mp3'
    Pause 0.3 seconds
    Press S key and hold for 0.03 seconds and release
    Pause 0.1 seconds
    Press S key and hold for 0.03 seconds and release
    Pause 0.1 seconds
    Press Space key and hold for 0.03 seconds and release
    Pause 0.1 seconds
    Press X key and hold for 0.3 seconds and release .........."X" is so engines are at 0% percent
    Pause 0.1 seconds
    Execute command, 'Lights On' (and wait until it completes) .........lights back on, after RESET PROFILE

By the time you reach the pad from a station/outpost , your ready to takeoff
    ((Power to Flight))
    Say anything ie "Leaving station thanks for the fish" , whatever, for the command
    Use it for when you are clear of ships, then you want full engines and rest shields to go
    Press Down key and hold for 0.5 seconds and release
    Pause 0.1 seconds
    Press Left key and hold for 0.5 seconds and release
    Pause 0.1 seconds
    Press Up key and hold for 0.5 seconds and release
    Pause 0.1 seconds
    Pause 0.1 seconds
    Pause 0.1 seconds
    sheep[COLOR=#ff0000]R[/COLOR]dangerous .................. entropy rules
    [FONT=tahoma][B][URL="https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/369641-Off-Ship-Storage-2-4-if-not-when"][COLOR=#ff0000]
    [FONT=lucida sans unicode]Off Ship Storage 2.4 ? if not when ?[/FONT][/COLOR][/URL][/B][/FONT]

[FONT=arial][COLOR=#0000ff][B]Quality of Life Improvement [/B][/COLOR]
    ....tactile organic thinking....
    [URL]http://i.imgur.com/IPoRYYi.png[/URL] [/FONT]

Request docking: a sequence that openes the UI, moves to the contacts tab, selects the station, reqeusts docking, then returns the UI back to the firs tab (this is in case permission is denied and I want to request again)
    Almost same here (though I use my self-written voice software Speech2Keys...link to which can be found elswhere in the forum):
    Request docking = target, open contacts panel, tab right, tab right, select, down, select, exit, tab left, tab left, UI Focus (to look ahead again)

Another few useful ones
    "Go to destination" = select, up, up, select
    When you have a destination highlighted in contact panel it willl:
    - engage hyperspace if its a star
    - engage supercruise to a target (if you're not in supercruise)
    - change the supercruise target (if you are in supercruise)

"belay battle stations" = hardpoints down, balance power, go to contacts panel

"system map" = contact panel, left, down, select

"launch" = exit, exit, exit, exit, down, down, select

"power down"/"power up" = go to system panel, tab right, down select, down select, etc. though this needs to be modified for every ship because number of systems is different (and to skip the appropriate system: life support)

"scan system" - presses the appropriate key bound to the trigger and keeps it pressed for a few seconds (fires discovery scanner).

"escape" - eject chaff, lower weapons, systems, systems, engines, engines, engines, engines, boost, supercrusie

max systems/weapons/engines/balance power

also some prewritten text messages "hello" "goodbye", "want to join me for bounty hunting?" ...

and a load of single action ones for almost everthing ...interdict, landing gear, weapons up/down, headlook on/off, lights, fire groups, next previous, highest threat, target ahead, etc., etc.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast