Thread: Got my explorer gold disk

Got my explorer gold disk - secret 2?

Knew it had to be there somewhere

Name:  voyager 1.jpg
Views: 320
Size:  45.7 KB

I went to have a look at Voyager 2 and on the way noticed a few contacts on the way. These were probably USS's and I saw some when close to the V2. On the way back I did a little online research about other probes and decided to look around a bit. Sure enough there was another object off to one side of Sol at 0.12Ly 37:45. Those are the best directions I can give. If you look close at the gold disc it appears pretty accurate from memory

Name:  voyager 2 disk.jpg
Views: 829
Size:  13.3 KB

There are multilingual audio messages again. I recognise the english voice of one of the messages, but not sure about the others. Greetings DB 'I'm having a wonderful time exploring it'

No clouds to be seen nearby

Now where are those pesky Pioneers?
    What is the speed of dark?

How do you find these? I headed out towards Ross 248, which is apparently the general direction that Voyager 2 is going in, nothing.
    Cmdr Sharky, and yes that was me at the party.

With Voyager 2 I was headed from Sol to Daedelus station and noticed something that looked like a USS, ie. it had the 3/4 yellow circle and standout, but at extreme distance and with no description. So given the find from the other day I went looksee

Originally Posted by Berty Dastard View Post (Source)
    With Voyager 2 I was headed from Sol to Daedelus station and noticed something that looked like a USS, ie. it had the 3/4 yellow circle and standout, but at extreme distance and with no description. So given the find from the other day I went looksee
    Well, I'm 2.1Mly out from Sol, in the general direction of Ross 248, and I see nothng in hyperspace, no contacts, and no navigation entries. Found a couple of USSes with convoys of ships in them.

*Edit* Just had a good old pan around the sky and spotted something 500,000ls away, looks like a USS so I'm flying over there now!

Got there, dropped out, and ther was another player there - he said he had seen it but it wasn't there now. The "Ancient Probe" waypoint was visible but nothing there.

I dropped out and went into Solo Mode, and there it is - a white marker on the radar. Lovely. Remember to use your ship's lights.

head out towards 61 Cygni.

Originally Posted by PhilHibbs View Post (Source)
    How do you find these? I headed out towards Ross 248, which is apparently the general direction that Voyager 2 is going in, nothing.
    You just have to look around
    http://i.imgur.com/Oi2Z658.png

Then there are people who ask why we need the entire galaxy... This is great that Frontier cared enough to place such fantastic immersive and historically important elements such as these.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Head towards 61 Cygni to find it. Easy.

Originally Posted by PhilHibbs View Post (Source)
    Bit late replying again to your question, especially as you have found it now, but you don't just look around. If you spot it by chance like I did great. But after searching for Pioneer 11 I thought I was onto it. Turned out to be Voyager 2 again. But it made me realise that spotting these is a bit like doing an exploration scan on a planet. Those scans only occur when the target is fairly central on your screen. I now have a target on my hud and Voyager 2 only showed on screen when it was quite near the target caret. So just looking out the window doesn't really hack it - you have to move your window around quite a bit. And of course you can then select it as your target

Have some rep from a fellow explorer

Brian

This is actually really touching. I mean, it's just such a wonderful piece of immersion.

I'm going to go find this over the weekend.

Very cool, OP.

For the rest who are hunting, here's a hint: http://voyager.jpl.nasa.gov/
    Now you have to project it's course and distance.
    Direct link to "Where": http://voyager.jpl.nasa.gov/where/index.html