Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Newcomers thread index. (Got a question or problem? Look in here first BEFORE POSTING)

...isn't sure what's going on. Moderator T.j's Avatar

The Newcomers thread index. (Got a question or problem? Look in here first BEFORE POSTING)

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Here are a few links for you to help you pilot your way across space and the forum.

If there are threads you think would be a useful addition, let me/us know and we'll add it to the list.

Elite: Dangerous Support
    A whole section devoted to requesting support for ED
    [LOOK IN HERE BEFORE POSTING IF YOU HAVE AN ISSUE]

Elite Dangerous in the Media thread
    Everything Elite on t'internet.

The Newcomers Docking discussion thread..
    Having a problem with docking? Want to show your docking? Dock in here and share.

What's your first impressions of Elite Dangerous
    Let us know what you think of Elite Dangerous.

Design Discussion Archive

Have a read in here to get a overview on how the game has been shaped.

Elite: Dangerous - Bug discussion
    Found a bug? let everyone know (don't forget to submit a ticket though)

The Joystick/Controller discussion thread
    Info and tips on setup and what sticks are good etc.

A How to Guide for new forum members.
    Get your Sidewinder up to full forum speed here.

Sidewinder Owners' Manual
    Get to know your ship here.

A list of threads on common topics
    Yafsles excellent list which gives more info.

The 1001newbie tips thread
    Does exactly what it says on the tin.

The ED Server issues discussion and reporting thread. Incl Matchmaking etc.
    Having trouble connecting to the server? have a look in here.

The Launcher / Login Issues Download Discussion Thread.
    Does exactly what it says on the tin.

Newcomers Voice Attack discussion thread
    All about voice attack.

Newcomers Paint, paintjobs, Livery and Decals discussion thread.
    All about paintjobs and the such.

The Newcomers Bounties tips and problems discussion thread
    Discuss bounties here.

Guides and Tutorials
    A whole forum section filled to the brim with lovely... well... Guides and Tutorials.

Technical stuff.

Current minimum specs

• Direct X 11 Quad Core CPU (4 x 2Ghz is a reasonable minimum)2 GB System Ram (more is always better)
      DX 10 hardware GPU, 1GB video RAM

How to change the install folder
    Rig to Run Elite
    A Quick Guide to Reporting an Issue
    Xinput missing

A useful resource.
    FAQ for Elite Dangerous installation and running the game issues (READ BEFRE POSTING)

We have a full and varied off topic section where you can chat about many, many different things. If you find a post you created here in the Elite Dangerous section that is off topic has disappeared....

Just what the doctor ordered.

...isn't sure what's going on. Moderator T.j's Avatar
    List updated.

Cheers for this, looking forward to this game enormously

Question

My first time playing an Elite game, so I was just wondering if it's possible to have more than one ship at a time. It'd really cool if I could get an Anaconda and a Viper at the same time! Thanks in advance for your response.

Originally Posted by Cmdr J.Malak View Post (Source)
    My first time playing an Elite game, so I was just wondering if it's possible to have more than one ship at a time. It'd really cool if I could get an Anaconda and a Viper at the same time! Thanks in advance for your response.
    You can own them at the same time but you can only fly one at a time.

First time here

Hello,
    Just started playing E today. I'm an 'Elitist' from the old, old days. I've got as far as the Advanced Combat Tutorial, using a mouse, and it's so much harder than it used to be!
    I completed the target practice tutorial, gave up on Basic Combat, as I always, always, ended up with no canopy and dying. At least in Advanced, I'm holding my own, but I cannot beat those Federation fighters. I don't feel safe to go out into the Galaxy just yet. Hell, I was Deadly - In The Old Days!

One glitch - how do I fire my missiles? I've targetted one of the Feds, a great help when I can get him in the crosshairs of the Laser ( it aims itself! Never had that ITOD!) but no amount of key 'F' or 'M' fires one, yet from time to time they disappear from the rack.

OK, enough complaining, back to practice! Watch out for Thargoids!

John

Awesome, thanks!

Avatars - I've posted my regulation two posts and been recognised as bonafide.
    I've looked at my Profile, and there is a space for an avatar - but no way I can see if posting one there.
    Do I have to play some more, get points etc. to get an avatar?
    John

PS Found it - thanks to forum search.
    Under Settings, not My Profile.
    J

travel to a far system

Hello, I am trying to fly to an specific system that interest me for my game purposes, however its quite far (I expect I would need to refill fuel more than 5 times) from the system I started. Since not all the systems are connected is not that simple as saying ”keep flying in that direction” since I ended up hitting more and more dead ends, and because is that far I cannot plan a route either.

Is there anything I can do?

Than you

deleted and moved to somewhere more appropiate

Newbee

Looks like an exciting game!
    Won't download till after vacation in January.
    Won't have a life after that lol.

Hey all, finally got around to picking up E.D yesterday. I cut my teeth on Wing Commander and the like as a kid but never played the original Elite games. I'm really looking forward to immersing myself in this world... Though I do wish there was a bit of a tutorial on the functions of the in flight computer and navigation systems as well as how to use the jump drives. Anyway, gorgeous game and quite fun when you get passed the slight learning curve.

Never mind.

Originally Posted by ozender View Post (Source)
    Hello, I am trying to fly to an specific system that interest me for my game purposes, however its quite far (I expect I would need to refill fuel more than 5 times) from the system I started. Since not all the systems are connected is not that simple as saying ”keep flying in that direction” since I ended up hitting more and more dead ends, and because is that far I cannot plan a route either.

Is there anything I can do?

Than you
    Have a look at EDCentral others are about look in 3rd Party Tools

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast