• 14 : Gavthomas :

5 21.74%
  • 15 : Darkoba : "I will repay" sayeth the Lord

2 8.70%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Drabble Poll : Revenge!!

Drabble Poll : Revenge!!

Welcome to another week of drivel and vocabulacrobatics rolled into a limited word count yes you guessed it... its DRABBLE time..

And our writers/contributers/care in the community members have been submitting their deepest darkest mind farts with the SOLE purpose of topping the votes and being declared this weeks winner... SO on with this weeks vote.

The topic was REVENGE.... and here are the contenders.. Please vote for your top three... three only please and no voting for yourself... thats just not cricket... Winner will be declared in 3 days time..

Drabble Number : 1
    Author : Musashi
    Link : http://forums.frontier.co.uk/showpos...postcount=1479
    Title: Another Fine Mess
    Drabble :
    'Revenge is a dish best served cold.' How very apt, thought Imperial Ambassador Ennodius as he watched his diplomatic rival, Harrington, finish the gazpacho soup across the banquet table. Last year's humiliation would be repaid at last.

He had gauged the dose of the medical-grade laxative perfectly, mused Ennodius - for as Harrington stood to deliver his inter-course speech, a look of consternation crossed the man's face. The results promised to be...explosive.

Ennodius regarded the brash sepia decor, and sat back with a beatific smile. The chamber's unofficial designation of 'the Brown Room' was about to go down in infamy.

---------------------------------

Drabble Number : 2
    Author : Scorpio
    Link : http://forums.frontier.co.uk/showpos...postcount=1482
    Title: Avenging Angel
    Drabble : Nathan Dakota snapped one end of the binders about the narrow trunk of the ironwood tree and the other around Seth Gecko's ankle. The pirates voice was hoarse.
    " Two million deposited on Zaonce. Take me there and its all yours!"
    Dakota pulled the demolition charge from his pack,placed it a few yards from Gecko,and initiated the timer.
    " Fifteen minutes to dentonation "
    he said, pulling a serrated blade from his belt and tossing it in Gecko's lap.
    " But you can saw through your ankle in ten ".
    Dakota turned and walked back to the Cobra standing on the burning sand.

Drabble Number : 3
    Author : Frank
    Link : http://forums.frontier.co.uk/showpos...postcount=1483
    Title: Measured Response
    Drabble : Jim was sitting in a bar enjoying a quiet drink when a giant WarSuit cludded up to him. He heard an amplified manic squeal from within, "I'm Tim Farley. Remember me? No, I guess your type never do!

Quator? The parking bays at Asdl Supermarket? You parked your runaround so close to mine I had to get in from the other side!" The shrieking voice caused the suit's inbuilt tannoy to whistle and crackle.

The whirring servos lifted the suit's right arm up to point at Jim's nose. The gun was the Destructor Evisceration 9000. "And now you must Die!"

Drabble Number : 4
    Author : Luniticisi
    Link : http://forums.frontier.co.uk/showpos...postcount=1491
    Title: Rewangee
    Drabble : Sylvia was taught. Revenge doesn't heal, It breaks.

She struggled with these thoughts.

Was there another way?

She came to one conclusion.

Revenge was all she had.

Her eyes reddened with anger and pain.
    Her heart burning, systems failing around her, Sylvia aimed for the reminisce of the hyperspace cloud.

Leaving the cloud, Her Sidewinder now a ragged mess.

Sylvia knew her time was up, she had one chance at taking out the pirate who took her children and husband from her.

Finding the only Eagle MK-II in the Pirate fleet wasn't difficult, but colliding with it was.

"Goodbye my..."

Drabble Number : 5
    Author : The Lone Gunman
    Link : http://forums.frontier.co.uk/showpos...postcount=1547
    Title: Revenge Best Served Hot
    Drabble : Ashley was awoken by the smell of Fava Beans frying gentle

He was at a table, his arms pinned down, and he felt very light headed
    A little blood trickled down his face

“Ah your awake, don’t worry everything will SOON be ready, the meat is browning”

Ashley couldn't see, nor he found could he speak, he didn't need to, remembering now

The contract by the many, the Bounty hunter here to collect, and all because he used that WORD once too often

The plate was put in front of him “a little Chianti perhaps? slurp slurp slurp" went Hannibal

Drabble Number : 6
    Author : Psykokow
    Link : http://forums.frontier.co.uk/showpos...postcount=1493
    Title: The Fab Four
    Drabble : The famous four headed towards the ship door.
    It had been a busy couple of weeks since they had been discussing the leaked security footage of the battle. Little did they know of the acts of revenge stacking up against them.
    Commander Forester jested ‘Maybe we should lay off the radioactive’s dumping talk?’
    Allen and Jarvis smirked evily.
    Chris typed in the door code and the orange sidewinder door slid open.
    Eye witnesses report that it was manure that poured out of the craft over them.
    A note was found in the mess around the bodies simply saying ‘love Kate’

Drabble Number : 7
    Author : el_tel
    Link : http://forums.frontier.co.uk/showpos...postcount=1481
    Title: Memo to Devs
    Drabble :
    Dear Chaps
    Here's the small code change you requested. Please insert the following event handler into the Combat module (current ver 0.7.26) and recompile before the start of the Alpha test tomorrow.
    I should stress this last minute addition is for developers only and is NOT for general release.
    Happy hunting!
    Mr B

On DetectAttack() {
    If (Attacker.Name = "psykokow") {
    If (Not Public.Eureka) {
    Message.Text(Group.Devs) = "Found him... " & Ship.Location;
    Message.Send;
    Public.Eureka = 1;
    }
    Self.Damage = 0;
    Attacker.Shields = Attacker.Shields*0.9;
    Attacker.Hull = Attacker.Hull*0.9;
    Attacker.EngineStatus = 0.25;
    Attacker.HyperdriveCharge=-9999;
    Message.Text(Attacker) = "wait for it... ";
    Message.Send;
    }
    }

Drabble Number : 8
    Author : Cathy
    Link : http://forums.frontier.co.uk/showpos...postcount=1496
    Title: mercy
    Drabble : Chandra's blade sliced leathery skin. Blood seeped through. Her fingers prised to expose raw muscle. The slaver's hairy arms jerked and twisted, pinned by thorny vines. Crimson spattered the snow.

"For every hour of my life stolen..."

She cracked bones, wrenched open a gristled ribcage. Hot breath misted cold air.

"Every back of my master's hand..."

Flesh oozed. Lungs heaved. She delved, exposed, spread them wide.

"His death took hours. Yours is merciful. I know it was just money."

Chandra turned away, hands dripping gore. She admired the ship that was now hers. It needed a new name.

The Bloodeagle.

Drabble Number : 9
    Author : Ian Phillips
    Link : http://forums.frontier.co.uk/showpos...postcount=1512
    Title: The Slow Start
    Drabble : He woke, head pounding. Too much celebrating?

With a groan he sat up, but found that he was - restrained.

His eyes cracked open. Spotlights snapped on boring into them, bringing tears that then dripped slowly off his chin.

A chair scraped as it was moved, then creaked as it took someone's weight.

A rustling. Something was opened, then, soft pressure as something was placed on his chest.

It moved!

A menacing voice slid through the quiet;

“Welcome Mr Stroud, to the Prism system interrogation centre. When the spider has finished, we wish to talk to you about the “Dumping conspiracy”.

Drabble Number : 10
    Author : Bikky
    Link : http://forums.frontier.co.uk/showpos...postcount=1515
    Title: Revenge: Against Me?
    Drabble : All was quiet in The Thargoid and Fer-De-Lance, The imaginary sound of brains whirring, like the imagined sound of a witchspace tunnel. The Contest was under way, Datapads were rapidly being punched as contenders attempt to get their submissions in on time.

Entries started to roll in, first one, then a second, then a flood before tailing off. Psykokow was reading through, confirming word counts. Then he spotted one by el_tel, an anti Psykokow drabble.

Hmmm, Thought Psykokow, do I be a good sport and just count the words, or do I count the punctuation on the anti-ME drabble...... REVENGE!!!!

Drabble Number : 11
    Author : Pheonix_Dfire
    Link : http://forums.frontier.co.uk/showpos...postcount=1517
    Title: 0
    Drabble : The wreckage of the Imperial Courier floated in front of the Sanctimonious. Davie looked over at Mac who was still gripping the flight control with uncontrolled fury. He looked down at the scanner.

“No Life signs!” he reported.

He saw Mac screw his face up in rage.

“*******s!!!” he yelled and fired the Sanctimonious’ main weapon until even what little debris there was disappeared in fire. Finally, the weapon ceased fire due to overheating.

Davie leaned over and took Macs hands off the controls.

“It’s over.” He said, trying desperately to calm Mac.

Mac glared back. “It was too quick!”

Drabble Number : 12
    Author : Darren Grey
    Link : http://forums.frontier.co.uk/showpos...postcount=1532
    Title: Just The Beginning
    Drabble : “Is this what you wanted?” they ask.

I'm staring at the body in front of me. The whitening face with blood round its lips makes it look like a painted doll.

“I don't know” I respond. “I wanted revenge for so long, and now... I'm not sure what next.”

“You could mutilate the corpse, make a few choice cuts.”

The thought tempts me, but it wouldn't be as satisfying as the kill. That sweet moment of driving the dagger into flesh.

“No. What I need is fresh blood.”

The voices in my head agree. Revenge would just be the beginning.

Drabble Number : 13
    Author : insanephoton
    Link : http://forums.frontier.co.uk/showpos...postcount=1552
    Title: Ice Cold
    Drabble : Octavius finished his ice cream. His lips were numb and he felt unwell.

Angela smiled 'I see it's started to take effect, don't try to talk.'

'It's Leesti Pufferfish toxin, there's no antidote.'

'You killed my dad. Not directly of course, but you took away everything he worked for. The old man couldn't take it and it drove him to suicide. Now at last it's your turn to die.'

It had taken years to get everything into place. Angela would be in another system when they found his body. For her, revenge really had been a dish best served cold.

Drabble Number : 14
    Author : Gavthomas
    Link : http://forums.frontier.co.uk/showpos...postcount=1562
    Title: 0
    Drabble : Cmdr Strydor entered the Thargoid and Ferdelance, nodded to the watching bar flies and ordered himself an Ionian rum on the rocks. Man, this was a dive. Old drunkards, onesie wearers, the lot, even some fat bird off Diso's Got Talent. Strydor maintained morale on his travels with occasional dabbles with the locals, no chance his wife would ever find out. No talent here though. Until a well groomed female strode over and purred 'You looking for fun..?' Strydor nodded and left with the honeytrap laid on by his wife, blissfully unaware of what exotic diseases lay in store...

Drabble Number : 15
    Author : Darkoba
    Link : http://forums.frontier.co.uk/showpos...postcount=1565
    Title: "I will repay" sayeth the Lord
    Drabble : Revenge is wrong, I know.

"Revenge is mine, I will repay", drummed into me since childhood.

Then the raid, father killed, mother abducted, me hiding, terrified.

Now, after years of waiting, I have the pirate leader, the old, smug, first-class passenger on-board my Orca. He and his men out for a private cruise.

I've recorded their conversations, I have proof. I can turn them in to the authorities.

Lave station, the last stop. They'll disembark and I'll lose my opportunity. What to do?

My thumb moves inadvertently. The laser flashes. The Vipers are coming fast.

My parents christened me "Lord".

Well that genuinely made me LOL, great read, thanks to all of you :smilie:

Argh! Syntax Error in my drabble. It'll never compile!

It's early days yet (Thursday, NOT Friday!), but it looks like Cathy is already pulling out ahead :smilie:

Originally Posted by Kerrash View Post (Source)
    Well that genuinely made me LOL, great read, thanks to all of you :smilie:
    Me too! I somehow missed insanephoton's before and it made me laugh far too much for my sanity

Oh, and psykokow, your insertion of quote marks at the start and end of every drabble is really annoying. Sort it out And you somehow managed to strip a comma from my drabble, introducing a grammar error. Unforgivable! I want REVENGE!

Hi psykokow

Could you please fix the formatting of the pseudo-code part of my drabble, using the method I described here:

http://forums.frontier.co.uk/showpos...postcount=1545

The readability is completely lost without it.

ACW?

Another Cathy Win

Reminder to self, cake bribing dosnt work! lol ive so bombed this time, not that it really matters looks like a runaway winner again.

Go on Gav you catching up!

Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post (Source)
    Reminder to self, cake bribing dosnt work! lol ive so bombed this time, not that it really matters looks like a runaway winner again.

Go on Gav you catching up!
    You and me both. As for the cake, you said you'd eaten it , if its still there, i'll recind my votes and select you.

Originally Posted by Bikky View Post (Source)
    You and me both. As for the cake, you said you'd eaten it , if its still there, i'll recind my votes and select you.
    ah mate i wish there was some left..but there's not!

So while am poor in drabble votes, am happy in my tummy

I know Bikky, we will create a separate drabble contest, just you and me, we will at least have a 50/50 chance of winning....although there is of course the problem of our own voting .....Hmmm let me get back to you on this

only 12 voters this time (so far) We need to spread the word on these wonderful short story's ... get more voters ... if it is just the Drabble authors voting for each other then that is, well ...... a little sad

Whoa!!!!!! two votes, you lovely thirty sneaky guys i were after were just teasing me
    and weirdly enough i am just baking right now(soft cookies with choc chips and currents, with extract of vanilla essence, nicely browned around the edges, but warm and soft melt in the mouth in the middle)
    "whiffs aroma around the forums" CAKES FOR VOTES!!!!... i never learn

Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post (Source)
    Whoa!!!!!! two votes, you lovely thirty sneaky guys i were after were just teasing me
    and weirdly enough i am just baking right now(soft cookies with choc chips and currents, with extract of vanilla essence, nicely browned around the edges, but warm and soft melt in the mouth in the middle)
    "whiffs aroma around the forums" CAKES FOR VOTES!!!!... i never learn
    Smells delicious. How many extra votes are required to send a batch over to Amsterdam?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast