Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: GalNet Archive

GalNet Archive

Update: Frontier have wiped the official GalNet page and replaced it with every in-game article since December 16th.

http://elitedangerous.com/news/galnet/

-----

The GalNet news disappears from the feed in-game after a few days, and there seems to be nobody keeping the news on the official website up-to-date, so I decided to archive the articles whenever I see new ones. I'm including anything story-related from the newsletters as well.

http://galnetarchive.blogspot.com

Picking one of the labels on the left will bring up any articles that involve that subject. For example, clicking on Sorbago will filter the articles so that you only see the ones that mention that system.

I usually log into the game at least once a day, even if I never actually undock to do something, so this should be up-to-date within 24 to 48 hours of anything new.

Questions? Comments? Suggestions? Please let me know.

+1 rep. I approve of this initiative

The devs have a GalNet feed on the site, though it doesn't include all the smaller news bulletins from in game, so something like this would be pretty cool.
    The truth may be out there, but lies are inside your head.

This would be a great idea!
    Intel I-5 4570 Quad 3.20GHZ - 8GB 1600mhz RAM - GTX770 2GB - 650W Corsair PSU - 2TB WD Caviar Black HDD

Bookmarked.Nice idea, GalNet cracks me up!

"historic socialite Prince Aristide Lavigny (famously eaten by his own pet Linglang)..."

Excellent. I'd thought of this the other day and was saving the GalNet news with the intention of creating an archive website at sometime.
    Great minds think alike!
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    My God, it's full of stars!

Great idea..and thanks for acting on it

I'm bumping this for good measure.
    And I think it should be official or something.

Good work, although I hope this will only need to be a temporary measure. I think this should really be in the game, and at the very least on Frontier's website (the most recent Galnet transmission is 9 nine days old).

Bumping and giving some rep for this great idea
    ===== Smuggling 101 =====

Rep +1. Good initiative.
    I´ve been so frank to add you to the TODO section on the OP of the "Complete list of all third party tools, spreadsheets, manuals and other data sources." thread.
    Later when I have time it will bemoved to the correct section on the OP.

I have been looking for the older posts. Have some rep

Support thread here ==> https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=81455

Please support it as without having the story so far I don't think having any sort of story arc in game is actually feasible.

I keep asking people to support it but no-one ever does!

If it was done on Frontier's end we could keep character portraits and other elements making it more "real".

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

Oh also +rep, I'd rather Frontier do it but in leiu of that OPs site is pretty great.

CMDR Britain
    The Thargoids are not the enemy
    "Alien archeology and other mysteries" archive | YouTube | Images/Audio

Originally Posted by Mad Doctor X View Post (Source)
    Good work, although I hope this will only need to be a temporary measure. I think this should really be in the game, and at the very least on Frontier's website (the most recent Galnet transmission is 9 nine days old).
    I hope they add a proper archive to the game and/or website as well. However, if it doesn't have something similar to the labels concept then I'll keep doing mine for personal use. The labels are the most important part to me.

Originally Posted by wolverine2710 View Post (Source)
    Rep +1. Good initiative.
    I´ve been so frank to add you to the TODO section on the OP of the "Complete list of all third party tools, spreadsheets, manuals and other data sources." thread.
    Later when I have time it will bemoved to the correct section on the OP.
    Cool. Thank you.

And thank you to everyone for the support and rep (although I'm not entirely sure what that does). I'm glad everyone seems to like the site.

Originally Posted by Zsokorad View Post (Source)
    The GalNet news disappears from the feed in-game after a few days, and there seems to be nobody keeping the news on the official website up-to-date, so I decided to archive the articles whenever I see new ones. I'm including anything story-related from the newsletters as well.

http://galnetarchive.blogspot.com

Picking one of the labels on the left will bring up any articles that involve that subject. For example, clicking on Sorbago will filter the articles so that you only see the ones that mention that system.

I usually log into the game at least once a day, even if I never actually undock to do something, so this should be up-to-date within 24 to 48 hours of anything new.

Questions? Comments? Suggestions? Please let me know.
    Thank you for this. The news vanishing has been bugging me for days.
    better than b00t? baloney! b00t productions

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast