Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19

Thread: Faction Influence Spread

  1. #1

    Faction Influence Spread

    I've been working on the Dukes of Mikunn. They are currently at 100% and the pending state says "expansion critical", but no matter what I do I can't seem to get them to expand outside the system.

    Does anyone know how to make this occur? Has it not been implemented yet? I just want to know if I'm banging my head against a brick wall on a feature that doesn't exist yet.


    Edit: As I have now figured out my question this thread was meant to answer, all updates on Dukes of Mikunn will be posted in this thread:
    https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=84770

    Dukes of Mikunn are now expanding.

    If you want to help with this experiment, in game my commander name is Lucifer Wolfgang. I'm stationed in Mikunn... obviously

  2. #2
    That's interesting and it's the first time I've seen this to be honest.

  3. #3
    Hard to say. I don't think anyone's managed to push a faction's influence that high before, so we just plain don't know yet.

    (Out of interest, how did you manage to raise their inf. so high, and what did it take?)

  4. #4
    Originally Posted by exaera View Post (Source)
    That's interesting and it's the first time I've seen this to be honest.
    Eranin is in this state at the moment. In fact I think LP-92-132 next door is as well haha

    Basically the ruling party plants itself in a neighbouring system at 0%-1% and then offers missions in that station.

  5. #5
    Originally Posted by owain1122 View Post (Source)
    Eranin is in this state at the moment. In fact I think LP-92-132 next door is as well haha

    Basically the ruling party plants itself in a neighbouring system at 0%-1% and then offers missions in that station.
    Nice, thanks for the info.

  6. #6
    Would be cool if they invade another system so people can take sides.

  7. #7
    Originally Posted by X2Eliah View Post (Source)
    Hard to say. I don't think anyone's managed to push a faction's influence that high before, so we just plain don't know yet.

    (Out of interest, how did you manage to raise their inf. so high, and what did it take?)
    Their population is only 1200, so they are easy to affect. Didnt take me too many missions to become allied with them. Also they were close to 100 already.

    Here is a screenshot of what it looks like. http://i.imgur.com/pWVKUbN.jpg

    I am since allied with them, rather than friendly. Anyone wants to help me push them into another system come to Mikunn! For science!

  8. #8
    I did it! They are invading the neighboring system!!!!!!

    http://imgur.com/VrIsYm9

  9. #9
    Originally Posted by Walt Kerman View Post (Source)
    I did it! They are invading the neighboring system!!!!!!

    http://imgur.com/VrIsYm9
    wow this is good news.

    Interesting things come to mind.

  10. #10
    Nice. Do they have a station in the new system? I propose you only use one thread, though.

  11. #11
    Or have they taken a station that was already in system. Is the universe able to build new stations in existing systems or in uncolonized systems ( apparently this is possible) u know what im a long way out but im gunna come over to munkinn and assist u in expand the dukes

  12. #12
    This is full of win. Seeing the background simulation in effect doing something like this is brilliant.



    There are some factions where I am at around 70% going to try and get them to flip at 100% over the Christmas period.

  13. #13
    Originally Posted by ollobrains View Post (Source)
    Or have they taken a station that was already in system. Is the universe able to build new stations in existing systems or in uncolonized systems ( apparently this is possible) u know what im a long way out but im gunna come over to munkinn and assist u in expand the dukes
    They do not have a new station yet. I suppose they will once they get more influence.

  14. #14
    so the next step is to run missions out of mukinn into surrounding systems , from the controlling faction to surrounding systems raising their influence at the destination stations. Remember as u expand more youre going to bump into resistance, and other players actviities but it is a fair way from the hub, may wnat to get some people to also push trade into the system of munkinn to see if it expands the amounts of stations or has other influences.

  15. #15
    good job man, have some rep!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast