Page 1 of 50 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: I have managed to get the Dukes of Mikunn to start a takeover of a neighboring system

MERCS OF MIKUNN: Successful Expansion into a neighboring system & Colonization Effort

We have moved to a new home and the link is HERE.

Rather than continually posting updates about how the background simulator is still not working in "Dangerous Discussion" we will be moving to the "Dangerous Groups" section and perhaps make a post when the game gets fixed. For now we are moving on from this thread as our initial investigation was a failure.

That being said the thread itself was not a failure and I hope everyone got enjoyment out of it. Moving to a new thread isnt bad either - it will be more organized, placed in the appropriate area of the forum, and finally titled correctly when it appears in the forum list. Assuming things get fixed in the near future, we still have a lot of fun ahead of us.
    Check out our new thread here!

Original Post

Here is an image I posted from Mikunn several days ago.

I worked to get them to 100% note it says "expansion critical". The Dukes of Mikunn are a 1200 population system. I've been doing missions and transporting them weapons for days with a buddy. And today I saw this in HR 7327 (a neighboring system)!!!

I went back to Mikunn and the updated status is shown in this link.

It has begun! From humble beginnings the Dukes of Mikunn will take over the galaxy! Long live the Dukes!
    So far its been just me and a buddy! Join the cause! If you want to be part of this experiment I will start collecting names and add it here. Message me, I am Commander Lucifer Wolfgang.

Further Summary of Current Events

5 days later (and now ten) it seems we have hit some sort of bug. We have not moved a single percentage point from the moment I dropped this original post. We have almost 50 players pounding away at this from different time zones. No change what so ever.

I suspect the back ground simulation is broken when expanding to a new system. Obviously it worked before because a friend and I were able to get it to the point of initially expanding but the game has since frozen all advancement. I'm putting in a bug report and we will see where that gets us.

Sorry to all involved, I hope playing together with everyone has been fun and continues to be. I intend to keep this running even if the background simulator turns out to be mostly an empty husk, since everyone seems too be having so much fun.

In the meantime we created a Lockdown in HR 7327 for you to play with but influence still seems stuck.

Civil unrest is now critical for Dynamic Commodities.

Its been about two weeks with absolutely no influence change to show for all our effort not even .1%. At this point we must assume the system is broken, we can only assume its a bug or a deliberate freeze on our system for the lack of anything concrete. Other systems that have expanded into others seem frozen as well. Without documentation or a response from the devs or anyone else who knows the answer, we are wasting time pursuing any particular strategy as nothing seems to work. I will try to get in contact with someone who knows the answer.

Thank you to everyone who put massive amounts of their time in, I am sorry this hasn't panned out to what we hoped. That being said, stick around and things may change in the future. In the meantime have fun with your fellow pilots in this group while we wait for a response.

Fly safe Commanders!

General info on the Mikunn Verse:

Four systems in nearby vicinity are trading with each other (<<<<Link)

• Mikunn (Extraction)
      • 1 port
      • Pop 1,196

• Kwatee (Industrial, Refinery)
      • 3 ports
      • 8 million pop
      • 1 Shipyard

• Sukua (Extraction, Refinery)
      • 2 ports
      • 25,631 pop

• HR 7327 (Industrial, Extraction)
      • 3 ports
      • 33.2 million pop
      • Massive star system, pristine rings
      • Has best shipyard of the two

HR 7327 is the largest and the smallest system of the four is beginning to gain influence. The group of systems is also placed on the border of civilized space. I chose this for the obvious reason of testing whether expansion was a possibility. The Dukes have decided that it is in their best interests to claim the nearby shipyard system before colonizing outward.

Background Story:

The Dukes of Mikunn are brothers and were originally imperial citizens. Their father, Spassky Darvil, was of very minor nobility, the house of Darvil, so minor that they didn't even have a place in court or Senate. They did however own a failing mining operation and owed obstenuous debts to many lords and ladies. It didn't take long before one of those lords, a senator Fealix, attempted to forcibly seize all their assets, including their livelihood of the mining station. It was at that moment that the Darvils decided to run from the Empire and all the debts. Their father was killed while trying to keep Fealix's men off one of their mining stations. Disastrous this may have been, He gave his sons time to use the stations FSD and jump away with a handful of slaves and loyal employees, fleeing to one of their extraction sites on the very edge of civilized space within the Mikunn system. To the brothers this system looked perfect, and since it was so far away and near the federation there was little chance of Lord Fealix finding them. So they declared themselves dukes of their mining station, renamed it Spassky’s Inheritance after their father and began their new lives.

Now the two brothers quickly turned things around in Mikunn through illicit slave trade from the federation. Publicly they condemned the Federation slaves to appease their neighbors, but the Imperial slaves working in their mines were actually cheaper black market ones from the federation.

Being on the rim worlds and looking outward into uncolonized space and the riches it held only fueled their greed. But before they could expand they would need the shipyards of HR 7327.

And they would need mercenaries. Many, many mercenaries to even the odds……

Incoming Transmission:…..

Good evening commander,

My name is Lucifer Wolfgang and I am speaking to you on behalf of the Dukes of Mikunn. The Dukes are looking for some capable mercenaries, like yourself, to help extend their influence beyond the borders of their sector. Starting with the system known as HR 7327. They have already built up a significant sphere of influence in that sector through a series of investments and acquisitions. Consider it our foothold.

The Dukes want your help “leveraging” these acquisitions against the local leaders of HR 7327. As they are responsible members of their community, they would feel it very unfortunate if any work related “accidents” were to befall any members of those organizations trying to resist any further acquisitions they intend to make. For now their end goal are the shipyards of HR 7327.

If cash is your thing come to Mikunn for some Merc work. I don’t call the shots, but I will be your liason between you and the Dukes, serving only to coordinate.
    Welcome the the Mercs of Mikunn commander. There are some serious credits to be made.

http://www.reddit.com/r/MercsOfMikunn/

Coordination:

Organization is getting a tad hectic. Lets keep the general experiment and meta stuff in this thread so that those interested can follow without having to sort through our scheming. To help us do this I have opened Spasskey's first bar, The Black Hole in the Wall. For all general scheming and conniving go to the Black Hole. Have fun, role play your character for extra awesomeness. Don't go too crazy . For latest ComWatch bulletin and radio frequency come here as well.

The Black Hole in the Wall

Also all Mercs of Mikunn have been issued an updating ComWatch (Communication watch on your wrist) to save me significant time coordinating. You don't have to follow it, its really meant to answer the 'What do I do' questions. Its been placed in the Black Hole in the Wall so acting your character here is appreciated. Check it out here below:

ComWatch

The One Rule to rule them all:

There is one rule that comes with being a part of this group:

• The One Rule - Help the Dukes.

If this isn't your thing, you really don't want to be here anyway, so I don't foresee this being a problem. All forms of play contribute in one way or another, so do your thing, have fun, and enjoy being part of a group off the beaten path that has similar goals. Occasionally, I will issue areas of focus, but only because some players were asking me to so that they could work as a group towards some greater purpose. Whenever I place an area of focus, I will do my best to make sure everyone can contribute without disrupting their play style. If you don't want to participate, that is fine too... as long as you follow the one rule, you are always welcome. There are several guidelines as well:

The Several Guidlines to guide them all: (common courtesy - you already know these)

• Don't spam the thread. You will know if you are doing it. That includes posting already discovered data over and over again.
    • Be nice to your fellow commanders. This group has no ranks except those who help organize and that is only because it can't be avoided. Everyone has the same rank and follows The One Rule just like you.
    • Don't impersonate the organizers or try to steal their identity. Unfortunately this has already happened, don't do it again.
    • Follow the forum rules. (Warning: To the moderators this isn't a guideline )
    • Don't make me have to add more guidelines.
    • Don't make me turn guidelines into rules, this is exactly why we can have nice things. Consider this thread a useful tool to play with other commanders.

If you fail to follow the guidelines I won't do anything unless it starts to ruin other peoples game, at which point the most I will probably do is remove you from the list and chat room so people encounter you less.

List of Mercenaries Who have signed up:
    Msg me if you arent on the list and want to be.

Lucifer Wolfgang
    Captain
    TheFool
    BacioiuC
    Sefrys
    Pirethrum
    Posthuman
    Slartybartfast
    Hoshi Qavam
    Dan0h
    Volestrangler
    Troglodite
    WalterHWhite
    Jumper_001
    Niokman
    Kennith
    Ilya Vortex
    Liu
    Mell0nC0llie
    Donik
    Rostam Suren
    Jameson Jones (name wrong?)
    Klarity
    7se7en
    Biscuit
    Sir Quacks Alot
    Buford T Justice
    MattBlaK
    Psyink
    Monkei
    Chip Chiperson
    Calomiriel
    Chris Kathios
    Lord Mungus
    Skree
    Antinous
    Havelock Vetanari
    Floates
    Juvecu
    Staircase Witch
    Lowell Marston
    Hollowpoint
    Veevoir
    Alco82
    J. Quest
    PeanutButterSpice
    Tington Taul
    Zatar Kai'mera
    Meeces2911
    Rox Harker
    Rasetti
    Soner
    Soda Popinski
    Exil
    Telakin
    Positive Contact
    dr.zli
    DiAL033
    FRZA
    Archon D
    Molith
    Deadeye_Duck
    Doorfen
    Liu-kang
    Adamus#1
    StarcraftWannabe
    J Yossarian
    Imperial_Don
    Lionel

Total: 71

For those with questions on how faction details/statuses are supposed to work refer here: DOCUMENTATION <Warning its very dated, but the most detailed source.

Updates:

Update 1:

So it appears doing missions at Mikunn now directly effects 1 faction within the neighboring starsystem. For some missions I complete, like donating food to Mikunn, the Dukes gain power in that other system from one faction only. (Edit: discovered to be incorrect. Getting missions against all factions) I would assume they are gaining influence in that factions star port in order to take it over.

Also oddly, the system authority have upgraded their previous Eagles to Vipers. Literally every single one I've seen in a while has been in a Viper now.

Update 2:

We are on the unofficial galnet news!

Update 3:

It's been 24 hours but we are still at 9%..... but we haven't dropped either. Perhaps the server hasn't ticked yet.
    People have also reported that there reputation updated while they were offline indicating that it is also linked to a server tick. Regardless if anyone knows how often the server updates, let us know.

Update 4:

Still 9% 48 hours in

Bad news.

Some event removed our Pending Event: Expansion

Our pending event is now empty

The good news is that I have determined there are THREE status types so far:

Pending: BLANK
    Pending: Expansion (or some other status, like civil war)
    Pending: Expansion Critical (or some other status like civil war critical)

Note as per original, just before we expanded to HR 7327 it said expansion critical.... Commence speculation.

Update 5:
    72 hours in, still at 9%

Our "Expansion" is pending again. And is still the current state. According to a Civil War experiment done by another group, a status can stay the same for up to four to five days without moving on. If that is the case we should be moving onward by Monday or before.

Update 6:
    4 days in, still 9 percent, and stuck with the words "expansion" for the Dukes

No progress on influence but "lockdown" now appears in quotes under Dynamic Commodities

Update 7:

Five days with no effect.

The back ground simulator seems to work until you expand to a new system then try to gain influence.

So we have three possibilities.

• Bug
    • Background simulator is very incomplete
    • Intended or poor game design?(at this rate if we were to gain 1% tomorrow it would take us 1.5 years to completely control a rim system with 50 dedicated players all lumped towards one faction. I find this scenario unlikely, either that or I completely misunderstood some game mechanic which is also a possibility)

I'm assuming its a bug so I am putting in a ticket. Lets wait and see what comes of it... In the meantime, keep playing with each other and having fun.

Update 8:

Six days no effect.

In order to try to find a work around for whatever is causing the Dukes of Mikunn influence progress to freeze up, we are going to incite a civil war. Check the comwatch.

Update 9:

Ten days, no influence change

In the meantime we didn't manage to incite a civil war, but rather a Lockdown! Good job everyone! Gives us something to play with while we wait.

Update 10:

Still no influence change but we have gotten HR 7327 to "civil unrest" critical. (Critical is new)

Update 11:

Its been about two weeks with absolutely no influence change to show for all our effort not even .1%. At this point we must declare the system broken, we can only assume its a bug or a deliberate freeze on our system for the lack of anything concrete. Other systems that have expanded into others seem frozen as well. Without documentation or a response from the devs or anyone else who knows the answer, we are wasting time pursuing any particular strategy as nothing seems to work. I will try to get in contact with someone who knows the answer.

Thank you to everyone who put massive amounts of their time in, I am sorry this hasn't panned out to what we hoped. That being said, stick around and things may change in the future. In the meantime have fun with your fellow pilots in this group while we wait for a response.

The link to our new home is here!

Huh, even if this thread drops keep providing information.
    Super curious if this automatically amounts to anything without developer interference.

Thanks for posting this. Finally SOME evidence that player actions do actually work!

Thanks for the invitation to join but I don't agree with hereditary lines, like Dukes and such. Meh!

I have my own cause to fight, in a system far, far away.

Their government is feudel, haha. I'm a slave trader and they have given me serious cash. I know where my bread is buttered.

Interesting. Good job. I see now that your influence is low again with the newly expanded Dukes. If you get it back up to 100% again, do you know what will happen with them then? Also, what, if any, benefits did you and your buddy gain by working so diligently for them?

Originally Posted by Suul Vellumcore View Post (Source)
    Interesting. Good job. I see now that your influence is low again with the newly expanded Dukes. If you get it back up to 100% again, do you know what will happen with them then? Also, what, if any, benefits did you and your buddy gain by working so diligently for them?
    No my influence with them is still allied. That "Neutral" is referring to the Dynamic Commodities faction.

The first pic says friendly but we have since become allied.

Please do distinguish between
    - influence: the power of a minor faction in a system

And

- Reputation: the standing of a player with a minor or major faction.

Nevertheless congratulations. Did you already find the dukes in a neighbouring system?

Makes me wonder about a few possibilities:
    With a large group how far could you expand a faction?
    Would you be able to give this faction a place in a capitol, like Sol?
    Is a potential benefit of all this in the future that Allied factions can jump in and help you from interdiction?
    What's the overall benefit of doing this?

Originally Posted by _Flin_ View Post (Source)
    Please do distinguish between
    - influence: the power of a minor faction in a system

And

- Reputation: the standing of a player with a minor or major faction.

Nevertheless congratulations. Did you already find the dukes in a neighbouring system?
    Oh yes. I misunderstood. Yes their influence in that system is low, but still 100% in the other system. I imagine once it begins to overpower the ruling faction civil war will erupt. I will keep this thing updated.

Originally Posted by Walt Kerman View Post (Source)
    Here is an image I posted several days ago.http://i.imgur.com/pWVKUbN.jpg

I worked to get them to 100% note it says "expansion critical". The Dukes of Mikunn are a 1200 population system. I've been doing missions and transporting them weapons for days with a buddy. And today I saw this!!!

http://imgur.com/VrIsYm9

It has begun! From humble beginnings the Dukes of Mikunn will take over the galaxy! Long live the Dukes! Join the cause!

So far its been just me and a buddy! Join the cause!
    Grats and gj.

im guessing now that they are in charge they will start to expand until they hit full control ( u said the system was 1200 people) i wonder if u support them in an economic sense, and maybe eventually passenger services. Weather with enough imports into the system and exports of items, if the system population will change and if the system enters and economic boom, if more stations will spawn ? if the planetary pops and resources sites will expand etc. If the military can get bigger and so forth, and of course the expansion of the dukes to systems next door

Originally Posted by Krighten View Post (Source)
    Makes me wonder about a few possibilities:
    With a large group how far could you expand a faction?
    Would you be able to give this faction a place in a capitol, like Sol?
    Is a potential benefit of all this in the future that Allied factions can jump in and help you from interdiction?
    What's the overall benefit of doing this?
    That would be awesome. You are welcome to help! I'm Commander Lucifer Wolfgang​. Come perform this grande experiment with me.

Great stuff, thanks for sharing. I'll be bookmarking this thread to see what happens.

I'll guess that it opens up a "slot" of influence in a neighbouring system, or maybe it entirely depends on the status of neighbouring systems (like they'll walk into in anarchy)

It could be a revolution........

not sure, look for missions for the dukes into next door systems where they want u to deliver messages to improve influence

Originally Posted by Walt Kerman View Post (Source)
    No my influence with them is still allied. That "Neutral" is referring to the Dynamic Commodities faction.

The first pic says friendly but we have since become allied.
    Well, I'm a little confused. The first pic shows you having 100% influence while their expantion is 'critical', which I surmise means imminent. The second pic, where they've had their expantion, shows you now having 9% influence. I don't see any reference to 'allied' or 'neutral'??? Still, good work, Cmdr

Page 1 of 50 1234511 ... LastLast