• A shot for the money by Gavthomas

8 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The "Honour" Drabble Poll

The "Honour" Drabble Poll

The "Honour" Drabble Poll

It's time for another poll!
    Choose your three favourite Drabbles from the list below and cast your votes.

The rules:

• Vote for 3 Drabbles - no more, no less.
    • If you submitted a Drabble, do not vote for your own!
    • This poll will close late Saturday evening.

Remember that anyone can vote - and the more voters there are, the better. So spread the word!
    =======================================

1. Oh, Oh, 's heaven by Darkoba

The assassin and Pu-ssy-Galore went to space,
    In a beautiful pea-green Sidewinder.
    They took some booty, and plenty of looty, and a bundle of five-cred notes.

"Oh Pooshy my love, oh Pooshy, my love, you're really Honour Blackman in dishguishe and there'sh a contract on you. Sho shorry."

"Shawn Canary, you told me you loved me! Can't we negotiate this terrible deal?"

"Yesh, of courshe." he said, "I get the goodiesh and you take a shpace walk, without a shpace-shuite, of courshe."

"There's no honour in that!"

"Exshactly, my shweet, but there will be one in the airlock very shoon."

2. Can I Have a Witness? by Frank

The judge stared at the stenographer. That prim way she sat while she typed the defendant's droning whinge about how difficult docking with a spinning station was. He should have just banged his gavel and come up with a fine for the damage to the docking bay doors, but his mind was elsewhere. He just wanted to be on top of her. That's it. He couldn't resist any longer.

The smug lawyer was playing to the gallery. He swung round on his heels with a flamboyant swish of his gown to be confronted by a scene of bedlam, "Your Honour!"

3. A Slight Disagreement by Musashi

Far from the station's aegis, the two Kraits faced each other. Darvius toggled his comms. "It's decent of you to agree to this."

"Likewise," replied Connell. "It's rare nowadays to find those of us who still hold these values, and will settle this kind of affair with honour. Lasers only - no missiles, no energy bombs."

"Agreed. Shall we begin?"

The Anaconda appeared in a dazzling witchspace bloom, right on cue. Its military lasers ravaged Connell's Krait until the guts of the craft burst and vomited burning metal into the cold void.

"Yes, honour . . ." murmured Darvius. "Personally, I think it's overrated."

4. Cultural Misunderstandings by Cathy

We'll see unknown reaches of our galaxy, Frank reminded himself of their conversation months ago. Leave civilisation behind, explore the fringes... maybe even meet a Thargoid! What could possibly go wrong?

Seated now in a very fringe bar with Larry quaking beside him, Frank listened to the cyborg waiter translate their companion's grievance.

"He's very offended."

"Click-clickety-click." A mandible snapped angrily.

"When you offered to buy a round you insulted his... potency."

"Clickety-click!"

"But you can make amends by honouring his bloodline..."

"How?" Larry squirmed.

"By mating with his sisters."

"What?"

"All forty-two of them."

"CLICK!"

"Oh. And his mother."

5. Keeping in shape by Ian Phillips

His fingers wiggled their way to the ends of the spacesuit gloves.

A glance outside confirmed that the damaged miners vessel was still leaking gas from the entry hatch.

'This could be a trap.'

Gloved fingers brushed the tool belt, then his combat knife and laser guns.
    He swallowed, determinedly suppressing the knowledge of what could be waiting for him.

'True, but you have to live by a code or become jelly, formless and quivering before everything you meet out here.

I prefer to look in the mirror and see a man.'

'There might still be someone alive in there.'

6. Thieves by Phoenix_Dfire

The Asp Explorer Sanctimonious scooped the last cargo canister leaving plenty more floating around the asteroid belt.

“What was the final Count?” asked Mac.

“Well, we got two Kraits and a Cobra One” replied Davie. “But a Sidewinder and a Cobra got away.”

Mac took the ship close to an asteroid and powered down. After five minutes or so, the Sidewinder coasted in and started to investigate the remaining cargo. Laser fire raked the small ship and it exploded. The remaining Cobra flew in and scooped the last canisters.

“No Honor amongst thieves.” said Mac as he targeted a missile.

7. Honour Amongst Thieves by Gimi

As the ship's shields came down he initiated a scan.
    A final burst with the laser, and several escape pods left the old python leaving it derelict in space.

The result from the scan came through, and he felt an intense anger building as he read it. Slaves would make a good profit, but the two canisters registering as meat commodities told a grim story. He dropped an emergency beacon and turned away.

As the last escape pod vented its atmosphere into space his mind drifted to his late father's last words, “In the Empire honour demands, even amongst thieves”.

8. Honour and Adore by Darren Grey

"I will honour and adore you," she said, fighting back the tears. She held him tight, staring into his eyes.

"In sickness and in health..."

His face was bright red now, eyes bulging as she tightened her grip. His mouth was stuffed with the documents she'd found, Federation secret service instructions that showed their whole life together as Imperial citizens had been a lie.

"In darkness and in light..."

He struggled frantically, groaning through bloodied lips. She squeezed his throat hard, trying to control the shuddering tears that shook her own body.

"Till death... do us part." He went still.

9. A Lame Attempt by Bikky

Great Grandfather Lewis, flew his ship into an enemy saving a Boa full of refugees from slavery.

Granddad before went on spacewalk in a leaking suit. Gave his life fixing a generation ship. Never saw his son born.

A grandmother of the line, Suffered horrendously from fusion burns saving millions from disaster.

Before that another grandmother gave up everything to help sufferers of a stupid war.

A Grandfather in world war two, and one in world war one the same.

I'm considered a hero, for changing destination, and giving a ship full of food away in a famine.

How lame.

10. Honouring the fallen by insanephoton

The screen flicks to the newscast. Some slick politician drones on about honouring the sacrifices of the Navy.

I suppress a cynical laugh. That's a lot of fine talk, that doesn't ring true. They just used us as cannon fodder.

Why were we in that worthless system anyway? The politicians didn't seem to think much of it when they gave it back to the Alliance. Was our sacrifice in vain?

We lost a lot of good friends back there for what?

I turn to the rest of the crew in the bar.

'A toast to fallen comrades. Lest we forget.'

11. Justice by W4rSkuLL

Twenty years of martial arts made him strong. His master
    had taught him that love were scarce in the universe.
    But he would make a difference. And his ability with the dagger would be legendary.
    He looked at the long line of slaves who came staggering. And the whip that grazed on the naked backs. His hand had a firm grip around the Thargonian blade.
    He quickly grabbed the neck of the nearest slaver. And an invisible killing,
    as a shadow in the night.
    "In honor of you master," he whispered.
    The Empire would have to pay for its betrayal.

12. 'The Mōri Motonari' by Luniticisi

"Lower your shields and jettison your cargo."

The pirates ship was instantly recognisable,

'The Mōri Motonari' her pilot Okimoto, known throughout the region as deadly but honourable.

George compiled,

As his cargo spewed out into the blackness of space his computer announced that his ship was no longer under missile lock.

"Honourable indeed." George thought moving away, watching the last of his cargo being scooped up into the belly of the heavily armed Cobra Mk-III.

Another computer announcement came.

-*Minimum safe distance reached*-

"Honourable pirates." George thought as he hit the detonator.

-*Bounty chip received*-

"This job just gets easier."

13. In the Dock by DaddyHoggy

"As you will see from my flight records, I have been flying the route between Diso and Leesti for many years now. It's unexciting, but safe which is how I like it. Over those years I've gotten to know many of the docking crew very well in several of the bars up on Level 23. On the day in question, as I approached my slot, I spied Maria, and she, recognising my ship, gave me a quick flash of more than I was expecting. And that, your Honour, is why I flew into the back of the stationary Police Viper."

14. A shot for the money by Gavthomas

Cmdr Stryder's probing long range missions into the outskirts of the known universe were to be rewarded by Empress Valta Tetz in person who would give him the freedom of Arcturus and a handsome financial reward. Empress Tetz was something of a legend, an accomplished warrior and equally fierce diplomat, very few had the honour to meet her personally. Stryder thought long and hard about what he should say, to make the most of his chance to progress even further in the Imperial hierarchy. A minion approached,

"Come honour Tetz"

"No" replied Stryder, "that would not be at all appropriate."
    "Adventure is just bad planning."

You spelled my name wrong That deserves a pity vote from someone, surely? ;P
    Tales from the Frontier - an anthology of official Elite: Dangerous stories

Originally Posted by Darren Grey View Post (Source)
    . Auch, Sry Darren. Fixed in the post, but can't change the poll.
    (Do mods have the power to do this)

Edit: Oh, and I'm pretty sure you don't need any pity votes.
    "Adventure is just bad planning."

T.j is the moderator that patrols this thread. I've seen him bend steel bars with his bare hands and leap tall buildings in a single bound. I'm sure a little text manipulation would be within his power. All we have to do is attract his attention.

To the T.j signal!... "Help us T.j. You're our only hope."

Yeah thats not how you spell Smelly ****!

Difficult to choose just 3, as always.

And I want to know what happens next in Gav's drabble. Does anyone come to a sticky end?

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor."

What a selection of drabbles. Once again difficult. I wish I'd have had more than three votes.

My thanksh to the one kind shoul who voted for my drabble.

To go beyond (in Kaze no Uta)... to drabble a bit ... and then return

Some really amazing drabbles this week it's gonna be hard to choose, the standard is just getting better each week!

Now who to vote for.........

Originally Posted by Musashi View Post (Source)
    Difficult to choose just 3, as always.

And I want to know what happens next in Gav's drabble. Does anyone come to a sticky end?
    Tut, tut. Really!

To go beyond (in Kaze no Uta)... to drabble a bit ... and then return

So, who is this Darren Gray who is hogging all the votes this week?
    (Credit for the image goes to Moozipan)
    Commander Reighdar One man. One ship. One galaxy.

Originally Posted by Ian Phillips View Post (Source)
    So, who is this Darren Gray who is hogging all the votes this week?
    Some cloud of dust way in the distance. Did anyone get a good look?

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor."

Pitied.
    I don't like ED atm, so "I guess I'm just one of those entitled tosspots"

[
    Basic Network 101 Guide for ED] [Menu logging is legitimate] [SomaFM] [No Mans Sky] [One punch man]

This is terrible! A runaway success and its got the wrong bloody name on it ;(

...isn't sure what's going on.
    This is terrible! A runaway success and its got the wrong bloody name on it ;(

Changed it, I even resisted the temptation to change your surname to something completely unsuitable.

Originally Posted by T.j View Post (Source)
    Changed it, I even resisted the temptation to change your surname to something completely unsuitable.
    Hah, now that is true restraint - I would have definitely have butchered your name

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast