Page 1 of 45 1234511 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Minimum Specs for Alpha Test

1. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #1

Minimum Specs for Alpha Test

I know there's been some discussion about the machine specs needed for the alpha test, as we're approaching the first build delivery I can share some of the development specs of where we are at the moment. Optimisation and performance are obviously ongoing tasks and as more features are added through the alpha and beta periods we'll need to keep revisiting it.

To play the first build released in December we're currently looking at the following:

Direct X 11
    Quad Core CPU ( 4 x 2Ghz is a reasonable minimum)
    2 GB System Ram (more is always better)
    DX 10 hardware GPU, 1GB video RAM(my reasonably low end machine has a GTX 285 with 2GB)

As I say we're looking to try and reduce the spec if possible through detail options and optimisations, so the final min spec for the game should be lower than that stated above, but for the initial alpha tests you'll need to be in that range.

Edit: Minimum video ram spec updated to 1GB.

Michael

GPU is Nvidia GeForce 9500 GT does that count?

Everything else seems ok

Those are reasonable specs, considering the optimization is still on going.

Wow, that's way lower than I was expecting. My computer actually meets that! Ack, darn it Michael you're teeeempting meeeeeee :-/

5. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #5
    Originally Posted by Bingo Brewster View Post (Source)
    GPU is Nvidia GeForce 9500 GT does that count?

Everything else seems ok
    The game might run on that card, but it's much lower spec than what we're currently testing with so I doubt it will be sufficient for a decent experience at the alpha stage.

Michael

Originally Posted by Darren Grey View Post (Source)
    Wow, that's way lower than I was expecting. My computer actually meets that! Ack, darn it Michael you're teeeempting meeeeeee :-/

Me too......actually just increased my pledge - now in Alpha

Those are very reasonable specs!

Originally Posted by Michael Brookes View Post (Source)
    The game might run on that card, but it's much lower spec than what we're currently testing with so I doubt it will be sufficient for a decent experience at the alpha stage.

Michael
    Bingo Brewster is off to the shops

EDIT: €155 for a GTX650 with 2GB, I assume this will be ok

Excellent, I think I meet those requirements

Thought my laptop would have been ok for a moment, but the NVidia 310M is unlikely to cut the mustard. Will have to resort to the uber PC at home.

Cheers,

Drew.

cool,

btw will it be restricting a min spec or can we also try it on older machines ?

Can I ask why this is just in the PBF? Surely you want to tempt more people into alpha? Or do you have enough testers as is?

Thanks for the info Michael. Looks like I don't have to buy any new components.

If that is a minimum spec what would be a recommended one?

For the spec you listed what kind of gfx settings would it allow to play the game on?

Cheers

14. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #14
    Originally Posted by Greeboski View Post (Source)
    cool,

btw will it be restricting a min spec or can we also try it on older machines ?
    You can try it, but if you're not getting decent performance the experience wouldn't be great.

Michael

15. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #15
    Originally Posted by Darren Grey View Post (Source)
    Can I ask why this is just in the PBF? Surely you want to tempt more people into alpha? Or do you have enough testers as is?
    People are more than welcome to join the Alpha by upping their pledge, but this discussion is mainly for those already in the alpha, hence the PBF. In a wider discussion people might assume these are the planned specs.

I'm sure word will spread wider afield though.

Michael

Page 1 of 45 1234511 ... LastLast