Page 1 of 42 1235 Last

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: What finally made me LEAVE ELITE DANGEROUS FOREVER (Insurance)

What finally made me LEAVE ELITE DANGEROUS FOREVER (Insurance)

Yeah I've had enough of this stupid game and it's idiotic mechanics. Why?

I have an Asp Explorer, great ship, took me ages to get the 6.5 million credits.

Some bad guy in a Python pulls me out of super cruise and destroys it. Fine, that's how it goes right?

On the insurance screen, I have 0 existing loan. The loan for a replacement asp (no extra equipment) is 211,683 CR. My max loan is 200,000 CR.

Basically I can't get the ship back. All i'm allowed is a Sidewinder, and 1,000 credits.

That's right this game is FORCING me back to square 1. Weeks of trading, and playing, and it's all gone because 1 Python player murdered me.

Now, I could accept this, if I could get another ship. Fine, I'm only allowed 200,000 credit loan right. That's loads for a cobra, or a type 6 transport. Why not offer me one of those?

There is absolutely no way I'm going all the way back to a Sidewider and 1,000 credit. I'm not spending g WEEKS playing again just to have this happen.

Yeah, the game forced to you to buy and fly the ASP without having enough money in the bank to cover your insurance/buy back costs.

Just wait until it happens to you.

Didn't you have any credits at all?

Feel bad to go back to square one, I've been there, but now I find flying the sidewinder is more fun than grinding away to earn millions.
    It's not like the game drastically changes when you get an Asp, no extra missions unlock as far as I can tell.

Originally Posted by dcforeman View Post (Source)

It won't happen to me because I don't fly ships I can't afford to replace.

It's not rocket science.

Maybe when you go to launch a warning should pop up. You don't have enough credits for ship insurance. Are you really this stupid. Press yes or yes. You made a choice and they have consequences.

nope this won't happen to me, because I never hit the undock button untill I'm sure I have enough cr. to replace the ship.

Agreed on they should offer the option of a lesser ship. Good idea.

Another day, another 'I lost my Asp' thread. If you can't afford to buy, you can't afford to fly. This is your fault, nobody else's.

I think I covered most key points there.

PS.
    I love these threads. They're the highlight of the day on these forums.

So its the games fault you flew a ship you coudnt afford flying..

Where did i heared these kind of ragequits before.... lemme thing Its started with a E and ended with an E and it was 3 letters long, help me out, i cant quite remember

And ED is ever way more forgiving, since you have SOLO(EZ) mode...
    What was the slogan for ED again, A cut-throat space sim.. i guess you expierenced the Cut-Throat expierence here...

Move along people, nothing to see here.

There is absolutely no way I'm going all the way back to a Sidewider and 1,000 credit. I'm not spending g WEEKS playing again just to have this happen.
    Some commanders just can't handle Elite

Don't fly what you can't afford to lose. Next!

And as a beta backer you really should know better.

I could perhaps understand the mistake if you were a new player - but if you were new, the rebuy would be over 360k for just the hull.

Three choices

1 Only fly what you can affords to lose - the information is there

2 If you fly without insurance always have a spare ship

3 if you fly without insurance and without a spare ship understand the risk

The game is not forcing you back to square one, your mistake is doing that. It surely sucks to be in that position but the blame can only be attributed to one thing, your decision to fly without insurance funds.

Page 1 of 42 1235 Last