Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: HAST Elite Assistant - Route Planner (Windows App)

HAST Elite Assistant - Route Planner (Windows App)

I've released a Beta of a route planner app I've been working on.

Features

• Auto imports systems.json from https://github.com/SteveHodge/ed-systems/ on initial startup
    • Nearly instantaneous (though currently not necessarily optimal) route planning
    • Topmost and Transparency support to display over the game if you run it in a window/borderless
    • Highlights the next system in the route when you enter a new system
    • Copies the next system to the clipboard (can be disabled in settings)
    • Speaks a warning when you enter a system that's not in the system data. Add it to EDStarCoordinator so future versions of the app will import it.
    • A settings flyout so users can edit various settings
    • Speech options (enabled by default)
    • Hotkey support (handy for use with Voice Attack)
    • Click the System name in the status bar to set it as source

The hotkeys I support are based on those of Elite Copilot:

• F20 - Will speak the next system
    • F22 - Will avoid the next system (NOTE: You'll need to edit your preferences to remove it)
    • F23 - Will swap source/destination

You can see more about it here:
    http://hastarin.github.io/HAST-Elite-Assistant/

Make sure you at least read the Requirements!
    https://github.com/hastarin/HAST-Eli...t#requirements

Download the latest release here:
    https://github.com/hastarin/HAST-Eli...stant/releases

Read (or add to) the current list of possible future enhancements/bugs here:
    https://github.com/hastarin/HAST-Elite-Assistant/issues

If you happen to be a C# (WPF) developer and think you might like to help with some of those feel free to get in touch via PM/Github.

I'll try to keep an eye on this thread, but if you have feature requests, find bugs, etc please use the issue tracker on Github.

If you just want to shoot the breeze or give me some written encouragement then this thread is the place for that.

Awesome. Thanks!

Sweet.

du
    du hast
    du hast mich

Blimey, that deserves attention!

Awesome work Hastarin :-)

Thanks for your time and effort!

Very kewl indeed, + Rep

Cheers Cmdr's

Here is a suggestion. Since i'm planning on doing some exploration i want to be able to set up a specific route ie first go to system 1, then system 2 and so on, and not just go from system 1 and to system 6 and have a route planned from that, so a way to add waypoints manually would be sweet.

Good job, clan mate

It takes a very long time to load it seems, also i cant use the config button and it also seems to not load any routes for me at all.
    Running win 8.1 64 bit.
    Also tried running it as admin and win 7 compatibility mode.

Yep same here. Maybe it has something to do with the path of the App.xaml.
    Because there is no App.xaml for me.
    For me the patch looks like this:

\EDLaunch\Products\FORC-FDEV-D-1010

and there is only a AppConfig.xml with the network settings.

It looks very good and congrats of the job you've done so far. Unfortunately, it appears to require a version of .NET that I don't have installed on my system, and which I don't have any inclination to install right now

Originally Posted by iAmLegion View Post (Source)
    It takes a very long time to load it seems, also i cant use the config button and it also seems to not load any routes for me at all.
    Running win 8.1 64 bit.
    Same problem here. I input start & destination, but can't set jump range (or at least I can't see the white text on white background)

Originally Posted by nightspore View Post (Source)
    Same problem here. I input start & destination, but can't set jump range (or at least I can't see the white text on white background)
    the jumprange i can set but nothing happends after that so i get no route.

Thanks to everyone for the feedback. I have a family gathering today so am unlikely to spend any time addressing it until tomorrow.

I have updated the issues page based on your feedback.

It takes a very long time to load it seems, also i can't use the config button and it also seems to not load any routes for me at all.
    Running win 8.1 64 bit.
    The first time it loads it will take quite some time since it creates the database by downloading the system.json file. I'll have to look into providing some sort of user feedback that it's happening.

Originally Posted by Hilight View Post (Source)
    It looks very good and congrats on the job you've done so far. Unfortunately, it appears to require a version of .NET that I don't have installed on my system, and which I don't have any inclination to install right now
    Thanks. I won't be creating anything for earlier versions of .NET, so the choice is yours.

Originally Posted by CMDR Br41n View Post (Source)
    Yep same here. Maybe it has something to do with the path of the App.xaml.
    Because there is no App.xaml for me.
    For me the patch looks like this:

\EDLaunch\Products\FORC-FDEV-D-1010

and there is only a AppConfig.xml with the network settings.
    Sorry, App.xaml was a typo on my part. The file should be AppConfig.xaml as you've noted.

You should be prompted for the folder when the app launches if it can't find a netLog file.

Did that happen?

Originally Posted by nightspore View Post (Source)
    Hmm, it shouldn't have a white background.

Are both of the sliders at the bottom of the window all the way to the right?

the jumprange i can set but nothing happends after that so i get no route.
    A route should be calculated when you tab/click out of the jump range, source/destination (or hit enter in the source/destination).

If nothing happens it's possible that either the database didn't get setup correctly, or no route was actually found.

Try a route between something I know works, like "Ethgreze -> Leesti". If that doesn't work, you might have to uninstall and re-install. Make sure you let the app take it's time on the first launch.

Originally Posted by Hastarin View Post (Source)
    A route should be calculated when you tab/click out of the jump range, source/destination (or hit enter in the source/destination).

If nothing happens it's possible that either the database didn't get setup correctly, or no route was actually found.

Try a route between something I know works, like "Ethgreze -> Leesti". If that doesn't work, you might have to uninstall and re-install. Make sure you let the app take it's time on the first launch.
    Nope doesnt work. nothing happends and as i mentioned also i cant go into the settings either.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast