Page 15 of 50 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Thread: New Version of Cmdr's Log Available!

Hey all.

Thanks Sandmann for fielding some questions Looks like you got them all covered. I'm getting some time to mess with it a bit more tonight. I got the bug fixed with the Illegal status being wiped out when you do All Not Set to None. Going to look into a few other issues as well. Probably won't be a build tonight though. We'll see.

Originally Posted by Ommasaur View Post (Source)
    This little utility just keeps getting better and better. I don't play ED without it any more.
    I am not sure I even know how to play ED anymore without this log

Avoiding reality is now virtually possible - Bounty hunting basic guide - How to stay clean

Originally Posted by Forecaster View Post (Source)
    Uh, yes. Pretty much just a right-click and click instead of having to go into the systems menu and look for the system/station I want which can take a bit of time with multiple systems with names like "LTT15574".

A more advanced route planner would be cool, but what I want right now is just this tiny convenience feature. : D
    I want to do this, and it's easy... the hardest part is figuring out how to word the menu item!! Really it's "Set From Station to To Station" lol.
    Likewise I'd also add "Set From Station to From Station" In case you have Anywhere as your From destination, but you want to see only stuff from one of the From Stations in the list. Uhhh any advice would be good. Heh.

EDIT: Nevermind! I got it Going to make the menu wording dynamic.... so it say "From -> BD+46 2014 (Willis Dock)"

Hey Arch, thanks for creating and actively developing this great tool (Unfortunately, at the expense of game time, I'm sure). I never leave a station without it! It fits my playing style almost perfectly for trading. However, I also like to dabble into other aspects of the game, such as exploration and bounty hunting, and am wondering if you have given much thought to expand the app into a more all-encompassing Commanders Log?

Some ideas I have:

1) Expand the systems and stations into a hierarchy tree. The system would sit at the top and would have unique "System Data" fields that could include details like system security level, local minor factions, conflict zones, resource extraction zones, valuable asteroid belts, and/or a number of custom fields. The System data section could also include a general notes area. Also, I think it would be beneficial to take the hierarchy a step further and create a "Home Base" System that other systems would nest under to create a local trading zone. The Station data section would remain roughly the same.

2) For exploration it would be similar. Start with a "Home Base" system, maybe have an "End Goal" system listed as well, and enter explored systems under the home base, having fields for notes and observations regarding any details you want to keep along the way. Maybe even have a screen shot repository for sending postcards back home and remembrances for when we retire at Jameson Memorial

3) I'd also like to see a way to easily retrieve details on the minor factions in the game. I find it a pain to leave the bulletin board to open the system map to look up information such as major faction allegiance, influence level, etc., when choosing to take a mission or not.

Feature Request, hopefully small!

A way to apply station data to multiple stations at once.

I've created a custom field called Trade Zone since I've been trading in a 75LY bubble. I want to mark these as zone A before I move on to a new area. Unless there's an easier way to apply this to all the existing stations?
    Commander Shoryuken, playing solo/private since 1984 ;D

• i7-4770K CPU 3.50GHz (4.1GHz oc) • KFA2 Nvidia GTX 970OC • 16Gb 1866MHz GSkill RAM •
    • 2 x Samsung 840 SSD's • Windows 10 • Oculus Rift ​• Saitek X55 •

I just registered to the forum and really want to say big thank you ArchV1. This tool deserves being native part of ED, it is just excellent! Keep up good work.

Oh great joy in finding this thank you. Even though it's outside the game it will make playing it even more immersive I think.

So I know the creator is against crowd sourced data, and I am too. But I have been using TradeDangerous with just my own data, and EliteOCR to grab commodoty data to put into my local TradeDangerous database.

Is there any chance that there might be a TradeDangerous import tool please?
    Wipe, Schmipe

MOSTLY HARMLESS BROKER SURVEYOR
    HARMLESS -> MOSTLY HARMLESS (08-Jan-15)
    PEDDLER -> DEALER (08-Dec-14) -> MERCHANT (14-Dec-14) -> BROKER (28-Mar-15)
    MOSTLY AIMLESS -> SCOUT (30-Dec-14) -> SURVEYOR (23-Jan-15)

Has anyone managed to get VoiceAttack to control this (wonderful) app?

I've had a couple of goes and I can't seem to get them to work together - I've tried both 'Standard' and 'DirectX' input methods.

Any ideas, as I'd love to be able to talk my way down the commodities list?

Cheers,
    H

I really enjoy using this

One thing I have been thinking about, is the ability to import a csv file exported from EliteOCR.
    You could limit it to only one station per import, to prevent automation.

If you look at it realistic, then it would make sense for the onboard computer to make a snapshot of the prices when you are at a station for later reference.
    So this would be very much in line of not using crowdsourced information, and essentially providing functionality which should have already been in the game.

Also if you would want to make it even harder to automate it, then make it so you could only import CSV prices for at system you have manually created in the main window.
    Signed,

Commander Scavy

Combat Rank
    Trade Rank Explorer Rank
    HARMLESS
    MOSTLY PENNILESS
    MOSTLY AIMLESS

Originally Posted by Scavy View Post (Source)

One thing I have been thinking about, is the ability to import a csv file exported from EliteOCR.
    You could limit it to only one station per import, to prevent automation.

If you look at it realistic, then it would make sense for the onboard computer to make a snapshot of the prices when you are at a station for later reference.
    So this would be very much in line of not using crowdsourced information, and essentially providing functionality which should have already been in the game.

Also if you would want to make it even harder to automate it, then make it so you could only import CSV prices for at system you have manually created in the main window.
    I didn't put him up to it, Arch. Honest!

To answer, this was discussed and asked many times in the old thread and it was deemed outside the scope of this project.
    Commander Shoryuken, playing solo/private since 1984 ;D

• i7-4770K CPU 3.50GHz (4.1GHz oc) • KFA2 Nvidia GTX 970OC • 16Gb 1866MHz GSkill RAM •
    • 2 x Samsung 840 SSD's • Windows 10 • Oculus Rift ​• Saitek X55 •

Originally Posted by Thebadmf View Post (Source)
    I didn't put him up to it, Arch. Honest!

To answer, this was discussed and asked many times in the old thread and it was deemed outside the scope of this project.
    Ahh ok, fair enough.
    I just had his own words in mind when writing it, so thought it might be within the scope of this program without moving away from the original intentions.

Originally Posted by ArchV1 View Post (Source)
    I totally agree. Are you listening Frontier? This functionality SHOULD be in the game. We are not talking about getting full current up to the second commodity data here, we are talking about the ship logs it when you dock, and it has a time stamp on it just the app. Also this doesn't mean you'd get transmissions from places you've never been to collect their data. Collection can only happen when you are docked at the location. They can implement this and still maintain the full spirit of the original game.
    Signed,

Commander Scavy

Combat Rank
    Trade Rank Explorer Rank
    HARMLESS
    MOSTLY PENNILESS
    MOSTLY AIMLESS

Thanks for the update! I like to report a bug, maybe others noticed too. When you add a new commodity the tab order of the fields in the popup is wrong. Eg. the focus is on the Price field by default, but if you want to switch to the status by pressing shift-tab you will be on the new Illegal checkbox instead which is below.

Originally Posted by Scavy View Post (Source)

This might be of some interest to you then:

For those of you who use ArchV1's Cmdr's Log program, here are some tools I've written that work with it. These are PowerShell scripts, so if you're not familiar with PowerShell it will probably help to read up on it a bit before using. For those not familiar with PowerShell, it's Windows 7+'s version of the old DOS, so it's more of a "command line" tool than a GUI application, so be warned. More specific info below.

First up is a script I call Limit-Sphere. It will unhide all systems/stations that are within a given radius of a central system, and hide all systems/stations outside of this radius. This facilitates limiting searches and display to a local area, so no more trade results from stations on the other side of the galaxy.

Here's the link.

Second is ImportTo-CmdrsLog. This script will import from several different formats. First up is CSV files created by EliteOCR. It will also import data from JSON files created by EDDN. And lastly it will import from the database maintained by TradeDangerous.

Here's the link.

Do not have Cmdr's Log running when you run one of these scripts! All of them create a new system_data.txt file, and if Cmdr's Log is running you're likely to loose the new data. They do make a copy of your current system_data.txt file before creating a new one so you'll never be in danger of losing all your hard work.

Run them like so. Open a PowerShell console or ISE window; it's listed under Accessories in the Start Menu. (in this example, I'll use "PS> " as the PowerShell prompt, so don't type it but do type the stuff after it. Note that the folder names you use will be different than I use in this example; I'm just using made up folder names to illustrate the process.

PS> Set-ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted

The above command only has to be done once, and if I'm not mistaken, only on Windows 7. You don't have to repeat it every time you run a script!

For hiding and unhiding stations, use ED-Limit-Sphere.ps1:

PS> E:\Docs\ED-Limit-Sphere.ps1 -CmdrPath E:\Docs\CmdrsLog -CenterSystem "Sol" -Radius 25

This would unhide all stations within 25 lightyears of Sol, and hide stations further away.

For importing data, use ED-ImportTo-CmdrsLog.ps1:

PS> E:\Docs\ED-ImportTo-CmdrsLog.ps1 -CmdrPath "E:\Docs\Cmdr's Log" -CsvPath 'E:\Docs\Pics\ED'

Enter the above all on a single command line, then press Enter. Yes, you do have to type the entire path to the script, even if it's in the current path; it's a security thing.

For EDDN, the command line would look like this:

PS> E:\Docs\ED-ImportTo-CmdrsLog.ps1 -CmdrPath "E:\Docs\CmdrsLog" -EDDNPath 'E:\Docs\ED\EDDN'

For TradeDangerous, specify the main TradeDangerous folder; it will find the relevant files within.

PS> E:\Docs\ED-ImportTo-CmdrsLog.ps1 -CmdrPath "E:\Docs\CmdrsLog" -TDPath 'E:\Docs\ED\TD'

Optionally you can have the script attempt to update the TD database with any new data from the web.

PS> E:\Docs\ED-ImportTo-CmdrsLog.ps1 -CmdrPath "E:\Docs\CmdrsLog" -TDPath 'E:\Docs\ED\TD' -Update

These scripts require at least PowerShell version 3.0, so if you have Windows 7 and haven't updated yours, you'll need to go to Microsoft's website and get a newer version, as Windows 7 only shipped with version 2. I believe Windows 8 comes with V3.

These scripts are compatible with Cmdr's Log version 2.0; any other version and you might have an issue. I'll try to fix bugs found and keep it updated as new versions of ArchV1's program comes out, but no promises. Good news is since it's a script everyone has the source code and can modify it how they like. Consider the code to be released under the GPL.

Enjoy!

Thanks a lot! Really great work. Will check it out this weekend.

Originally Posted by OldLost View Post (Source)
    This might be of some interest to you then:

These scripts are compatible with Cmdr's Log version 2.0; any other version and you might have an issue. I'll try to fix bugs found and keep it updated as new versions of ArchV1's program comes out, but no promises. Good news is since it's a script everyone has the source code and can modify it how they like. Consider the code to be released under the GPL.

Enjoy!
    Well... it's about time I was waiting for someone to finally realize the file format is super simple and should be easy to pump new data into it from the outside if you really want to. Awesome work! Hopefully they handle the custom fields ok. Those are a bit tricky since they can be ANY key for a key value pair.

I absolutely support this kind of external injection of data as an option for people that are really wanting to use it. Thanks

I'll try not to alter the file format too much in the future

Page 15 of 50 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast