100,000 CQC Kills

You are laughing but recently I've seen people who actually are trying to grind CQC rank by sitting in the arena AFK.

There are also those that bring their own 2nd account AFK alt to the arena to farm it with main account diring off-peak times while nobody sees them. I even posted a youtube video about it not long ago. It was funny to catch the guy doing it.

I'm gonna upload some more funny cqc videos soon.

Last edited:
If it had been a single player, they'd have about 750k experience now from the "finished match" and "try harder" awards, which would only be enough for Hero (~=Dangerous) rank. Still further than most people get, of course...

Ye that would be correct assuming they would play as many matches as I did, then indeed that would be a HERO rank for that AFK rank grind...

but

.. on average it takes players about 3500-4000 matches to get their first CQC Elite rank (3,685k XP)... that AFK player would only have about 265k-300k XP for the same number of matches.. that's only a Champion rank

I'm proud to have contributed my many deaths to this noble goal :D
Not that many I think.. You've only started playing recently 🤪

If I could think of two CMDRs that killed me the highest number of times or I killed them the highest number of times that will be 2 names.. they are both CQC Elites, back in a day we three were grinding that bloody rank together every single day and were fighting relentlessly :)
CMDR Leo Sagan
CMDR Horsma

I was lucky that those two were grinding the rank at the same time, because together we had a higher chance to start a DM, back in the time when we needed minimum 4 players to start it. It's way easier now.

Last edited:
@MUSKETEER, Ran into you today playing CQC for the first time. Great flying!

I have to disagree with you about the "finding people" comment though. My average wait time on PC for a TDM was 11 minutes between 10am and 6:45pm and 8 minutes for a DM. Out of 20 total matches, only 3 of them were actually full. Quite a few times it was between 3 and 5 players. And that imbalance! I kept ending up on teams with other low rank newbies vs 2-3 people who were all rank 50.

CQC doesn't seem to have any skill balancing mechanism. Obviously I just started today, so why is it me and a rank 11 and 14 vs 4 guys who are 50, 50, 50 and 44? I'm not upset about losing these matches, which I did when someone like you wasn't on my team, but I'm shocked at how poorly programmed all of this is. It's like Hawken, only somehow more dead throughout the day. This is Elite, right? It supposedly has tens of thousands (even hundreds of thousands) of players. How was it only me, you and a handful of people all day? I kept running into the same names over and over and over again. No one new. No full matches. It's such a lifeless feature.

Congrats on your work over the last 2 years... but I can't help feeling you've fought super hard to become the Supreme Overlord of an empty parking lot.

Edit - Just adding to this, I have now been in queue for a TDM this evening for the past 25 minutes. How is this even a thing?

Last edited:
If we ever get an alien invasion IRL and our military forces will be all wiped and US Gov will be searching for skilled civilian pilots I'm sure you'll be among the first wave of invites.

Landing on Attilius Orbital is on my bucket list, but I have to start playing CQC for this someday. But I'm too afraid of meeting CMDR MUSKETEER there one day, so I keep postponing... :(

EDIT: @OP, do they sell tech broker stuff and Enhanced Thrusters and such as well at Attilius? That would give it an advantage over Jameson, although it lacks the same discounts.

Last edited:
On PC it's easy to find a game. I had no problem finding people to play.

Peak time is 6pm-10pm UK time.. Deathmatch is always populated around that time. On weekends it's even better.

This^. No idea why people keep banging on about not finding a match. Must be the time zone they are in. Never had an issue finding matches in the evening UK time, full lobby’s every time.

CQC doesn't seem to have any skill balancing mechanism. Obviously I just started today, so why is it me and a rank 11 and 14 vs 4 guys who are 50, 50, 50 and 44? I'm not upset about losing these matches, which I did when someone like you wasn't on my team, but I'm shocked at how poorly programmed all of this is. It's like Hawken, only somehow more dead throughout the day. This is Elite, right? It supposedly has tens of thousands (even hundreds of thousands) of players. How was it only me, you and a handful of people all day? I kept running into the same names over and over and over again. No one new. No full matches. It's such a lifeless feature.

Pretty sure there is meant to be some sort of skill balancing mechanism. But when there are only half a dozen people queuing, its going to throw you all together.

What i do in matches like those is tail the leaders and try and kill steal... of course, they will then turn on me, but at least a grab a kill before death.

As for the "this is Elite right?" comment, i mean, that's a really silly comment. This is a separate game mode that is not popular and the number of people playing Elite has zero bearing on how many are playing CQC. Its like saying why are full lobbies in Save the World so hard to find when Battle Royale is so popular.

It's a major achievement considering I can't even seem to find anyone to play it with me! 30 minutes and counting "Searching for Match".

Musketeer is probably also the guy who get all the matches on tinder, while we low folks get nothing even if we swipe right on each and every lifeform presented.

Here, have a consolation match with me

close-up-red-match-white-background-clipping-path-39784907.jpg

Tried it a few years back with some mates, was able to do a couple of matches, but the long wait time between matches pretty much killed the idea for me. Haven't tried it since.

Does this mean that the rest of us now stand a cat-in-hell's chance of gettings some kills and winning some matches? I've been killed by OP so many times I've lost count. Got to the point that if I saw Musk in a match, I'd leave as being someone's bottom feeder is just not fun..
Seriously though, great achievement. From going up against you lots of times, I know your skill level.

Top Bottom