10th Division LRRS Squadron "The Filthy Few"

I got my first order last night. Head to Merle Station in Murunderet and await further instruction.

I left bounty hunting to join the Federation's Contract Commander program. A program that accepts private commanders into contracts of service that fall outside of the normal military dress and appearance kind of nonsense. You get nothing from them, and are expected to furnish your own ship, and your own supplies. However, the amount of credits they are offering is obscene by any account.

I got assigned to the 10th Division's Long Range Recon and Surveillance squadron, or LRRS Squadron. An old friend of mine got assigned to 10th division as well but he's over in the Local Space Combat Squadron, which is purposed with what one might call border patrol. He'll be fighting and earning glory, and me... i'll be out in the middle of nowhere for months on end with a bunch of other pilots doing what ever a LRRS unit does, or at least so I thought.

The unit I got assigned to is called "The Filthy Few". There was a slew of other pilots here on Merle Station that were also assigned to the "The Filthy Few". A couple of us chilled out and talked for a little before some Fed Officer came up to us and pulled the whole crowd of fifty pilots into the cargo bay of a fleet issue Anaconda, that officer didn't seem to like us too much. Each and every one of us was given an envelope to be opened once we had left dock. We were told that our mission was to proceed to the system that was marked down in the envelope and conduct a recon of every system along the way. We would be paid for the information we gathered once we had returned.

Space is scary enough as it is. But being out in the middle of nowhere? No stations, no outposts, no other ships for hundreds of light years? That's something completely different. There might not be as many pirates out there but one wrong move and all you are getting dealt is either a really quick death, or something slow and painless.

Top Bottom