15 Financial projections

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
That sounds like a special war I haven't encountered yet, because usually only one asset is up for grabs per faction for each (civil) war. It also prioritises stations over settlements, so you'll need to lose a lot of wars to get rid of everything.
Yeah, odyssey settlements change ownership differently. In elections they go the usual "most important asset is at stake" way, but in wars they can change hands completely independently of the normal assets, dependent entirely on who wins the most zones at that particular settlement. The main exception is if one of those settlements is up for grabs in the overall war, in which case that result will take priority over whoever wins the most zones at that settlement.

System: Patakaka
Settlement: Rowe's Folly

Has 5 HAB data ports and one of the easiest places to hi-jack power regulators. PWR is immediately to the left when you land. Head over, cut the panel off, override the door, smash the techs, disable alarm, and then hit all the HAB data ports. Rinse and repeat till you have your projections done.
Thank you very much for the answer, but I wrote about it above.
My settlement is in Anarchy with high technology.
There are 5 residential buildings and a bar, there is also a power plant in the distance.
Everyone is allowed in the bar. There is no one in the 3 residential buildings.
I go down and get a date at the bar. One time there were forecasts.
Then I take the profile and go into the 3 residential buildings, and go up to the orbit.
I did this over 20 times in a few days and only took 2 prognostications and that was on the first day.
I created this branch and flew to another system, there now without any results I execute missions to recover ...
I'm a loner and I play the game tactically, I'm not interested in strategy in this game.

I collected them, though, at the cost of the lives of the imperial anarchists. no bad reputation. no bounty, no regret and sadness
Oyinlola Heights Station. usdia.
7 HUB ports. freestanding PWR. very easy. one run, six minutes. 2-3 FP per hour.
got a lot of different media content, opinion polls, and >50 digital design at the same time

Last edited:
15FP = 7 hour or 15FP = 70 run
And who said it would be easy
The arithmetic is correct. but it depends on luck (randomness)
I was missing six pieces . the rest I found in different places earlier. so it took me a couple of hours

Last edited:
Down to Earth Astronomy in his Oct 18 "Hello Dave" #219 discussed the anarchy issue. One figure given was that the number of populated anarchy systems fell to about 2.4% from about 4-5% pre Odyssey.

He followed this up with another video on 27 October. At the 8.40 mark he shows the top 10 anarchy factions just pre Odyssey and at the rough time of recording the video. The top two factions grew (Diamond Frogs and Explorers of the Anarchy) whilst all the others reduced in size drastically (his words).

Steve 07.
It's not quite accurate to say we grew during Odyssey. In the first two months we shrunk and the next few were spent putting more effort than we ever have into maintaining what we have. It's only in the last couple of months that we've been able to think about expansions again. The first ~5 months of Odyssey cost us growth, where instead of expanding as before we were stagnant and in full-on maintenance mode.

Basically this.
If you concentrate on one thing it will send you mad, i just played and did missions, slowly i got all the stuff i needed for the unlocks, but it took time.
The only item i ground out was Power Regs by just hitting an anarchy settlement 50ish times.
By the time i had all the unlock data i had a shed load of materials for the suit/weapon upgrades i needed too.

O7
After hundreds of missions and hours I am now the proud owner of a single SDP.

Frame it and hang it on the bulkhead wall in the CMDR's ready room in you Fleet Carrier.

It is quicker and easier to go to Colonia and unlock the four engineers there and add the nice mods to suits and weapons. In the last month (?) I have randomly found two SDPs in the data port of the second floor of a CMD/SEC building. I do hope that the drop rate will be addressed in the future.

Steve 07.

Weird, 'cause I stumble on a slow trickle of them just when I'm doing my thing. The drop rate isn't great, but it's there. I end up giving them away to people a lot of the time.
Makes me wonder what I'm doing that other people aren't. Maybe it's related to everyone else raiding anarchy systems? But I've definitely picked them up from the sec rooms in anarchy bases. Maybe anarchy bases in non anarchy systems?
Maybe related to authoritarian government type? I remember people saying that smear campaign plans require an anarchy system and not just an anarchy settlement. Right now I'm hanging around systems mostly controlled by dictatorships, patronages and feudal governments.

Last edited:
Weird, 'cause I stumble on a slow trickle of them just when I'm doing my thing. The drop rate isn't great, but it's there. I end up giving them away to people a lot of the time.
Makes me wonder what I'm doing that other people aren't. Maybe it's related to everyone else raiding anarchy systems? But I've definitely picked them up from the sec rooms in anarchy bases. Maybe anarchy bases in non anarchy systems?
Maybe related to authoritarian government type? I remember people saying that smear campaign plans require an anarchy system and not just an anarchy settlement. Right now I'm hanging around systems mostly controlled by dictatorships, patronages and feudal governments.
I found several polls yesterday, looking for predictions as usual. I think I read somewhere that in some update they added a frequency to the polls.

Strangely enough polls need only 10 and they are added, and forecasts need 15 and they are not added.

Topic closed.
I finally got all the forecasts together and immediately installed a night vision device for myself.

THANK YOU all.

I gathered all my FP in Cortes Visitor Resort ( https://inara.cz/station/253951/ ) in the OBAMBOJAS system.
After a few retries I was able to complete a single run on all 5 data points in 5-6 minutes, including lift and land to reset the settlement (roughly 3-3.5 minutes for the run, and 2.5 minutes to lift and land again). It took on average 5-6 runs to gather a single FP, so I confirm that on average you can get 2 FP per hour there. It was incredibly boring though.

Last edited:
I gathered all my FP in Cortes Visitor Resort ( https://inara.cz/station/253951/ ) in the OBAMBOJAS system.
After a few retries I was able to complete a single run on all 5 data points in 5-6 minutes, including lift and land to reset the settlement (roughly 3-3.5 minutes for the run, and 2.5 minutes to lift and land again). It took on average 5-6 runs to gather a single FP, so I confirm that on average you can get 2 FP per hour there. It was incredibly boring though.
That last sentence is pretty damning. FD should try to design games that are fun, I've heard loads of people like those types of games.

That last sentence is pretty damning. FD should try to design games that are fun, I've heard loads of people like those types of games.
I believe that the target for FD is to keep people playing so they can boost their KPI on sessions and session length that are measures for the success of a videogame.
The hunt for the FPs, and all the other grinds needed to unlock the engineers in odyssey, improve these indicators.
That is ok imho because a videogame is also a business, but I believe that they should add more variety, so that you don't have to milk the same settlement for 8 hours as the only way to get your mats. So maybe they should allow the same mats to be bought by spending an amount of credits that takes the same 8-16 hours of mining, or 8-16 hours of combat, or one of those other activities. So people would still spend 8 hours in game but they would be free to do the activities that they enjoy the most, and there are many activities that are fun and appreciated in ED.
This I don't understand, why did they force the players to perform a single boring activity as the only way to gather a very rare material, so rare that obtaining it as a side effect of performing the normal gameplay would take an unfunny amount of time ?

Unless you mean the rare HAB port in one of these buildings, I can't recall ever seeing Financial Projections in anything else but HAB ports. Inara currently also reports they're only found there.
I got two out of IND ports in a IND bldg, Kook Chemical - Shou Xing, in one run.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom