1st 3 days trading with my Fleet Carrier. 1.6 Billion profit

Deleted member 182079

D
Read update post #43 , what % of my time last week did I work, and what % did I spend doing pirate hunting missions? I will stop working completely once i have 14b, 12b in the FC bank for 10 years upkeep, and some pocket money for my fun. then i might look at engineering my ships, not touched that since it was introduced in 2016.
Not that it is any of my business, but why would you feel the need to have a safety cushion of 10 years? Not only might Elite not be around by then, but that would need it would suggest you'd essentially stop earning credits from now on in. Which is quite a difficult thing to do I'd say, unless you go exploring and will never cash in, or just eat a lot of rebuys doing PvP.

This is why I stopped making billions in Borann/New Borann once I hit the 7bn credit mark, because I'm still earning dozens of millions per week just by playing the game, if I log on for a few hours each week.

Not that it is any of my business, but why would you feel the need to have a safety cushion of 10 years? Not only might Elite not be around by then, but that would need it would suggest you'd essentially stop earning credits from now on in. Which is quite a difficult thing to do I'd say, unless you go exploring and will never cash in, or just eat a lot of rebuys doing PvP.

This is why I stopped making billions in Borann/New Borann once I hit the 7bn credit mark, because I'm still earning dozens of millions per week just by playing the game, if I log on for a few hours each week.

Just feels right for me. If I was that bothered I would have spammed the egg for LTD the last few weeks and have 14b in a week or less. I like the challenge, It was reported by Youtubers during Beta 2 that FC could never make a passive income.

100% passive is true. But im at 80% passive to earn my 400 free ARX a week, and 95% passive if I just want to rename and move my FC , change the buy / sell order in commodity market.

So I like proving the community wrong. ATM I am approaching 2 x full 19k T sales cycles a day, with others doing my haulage work. I enjoy the fact i'm creating a mini non mining "economy" , where other cmdrs take 95% of the profit but do 95% of the real work.

That make you an worker my friend, i'm a business owner, other cmdrs do my work for me, i already have my FC and 20 ships and Billions in the bank, why would i want to work anymore in ED?
Just what the galaxy needs, another George Soros. You won't make a penny from me, I blaze my own trail. Regrettably I can't turn your polluting FC into space dust! Hope that changes soon.

Deleted member 182079

D
Just feels right for me. If I was that bothered I would have spammed the egg for LTD the last few weeks and have 14b in a week or less. I like the challenge, It was reported by Youtubers during Beta 2 that FC could never make a passive income.

100% passive is true. But im at 80% passive to earn my 400 free ARX a week, and 95% passive if I just want to rename and move my FC , change the buy / sell order in commodity market.

So I like proving the community wrong. ATM I am approaching 2 x full 19k T sales cycles a day, with others doing my haulage work. I enjoy the fact i'm creating a mini non mining "economy" , where other cmdrs take 95% of the profit but do 95% of the real work.
That's fair enough. I have read your other posts and am happy that PvP trading is possible, I was very sceptical about how this could work in Elite (it's not perfect and I would like it to work with all commodities, but baby steps and all).

I'm fascinated by this. Will you keep us updated?

Ok update from last post #43. Monthly update, almost 1 month with my FC .

Tritium trading gone very well this past 9 days, live on board part time crew working hard, had one exceptional day mid week with luck and hard work, managed to trade 3 full loads of Tritium, 58000 tons. As usual, I only did 2-4 runs per load, as the boss.

Last Fleet Carrier bill was for 23.5m for weekly upkeep. No new asset purchases in the last week.

So, total bank last time was 8.556B , 9 days later.

FC Bank 1.874b

My Bank 8.426b

Total bank 10.3b

Profits last 9 days , 1.744b , about 194m cr a day. Again i must stess this is at least 80% passive as far as Tritium hauling goes. I usually do 1 load run and 1 offload run when my FC arrives, and then maybe another 1 run each side of the trade if needed. The rest is left to the crew. I go off for a bit a "Pew pew" in System.

One puzzling thing is All time trading profit , reported by the FC has dropped from 3.55b cr to 3.074b cr. So now i am stumped as to what this calculates, as i can assure you my FC has not made a loss of nearly 1/2 b cr in the last 9 days. Any ideas?

Last edited:
Glad to see someone running the system i recieved a little forum derision for suggesting in another thread.

Good work.

Updated, jump to page 4 post 68.

So just finished my 1st Tritium trading buy / sell runs, full hold @ 23k Tons. After set up on the 9th, with FC deposit paid and 1.8B put in the FC for funding I left myself with exactly 2b in cash.

Now I have 3.6b after buying Tritium for 5k-12k and selling it for 85k. 31 runs buy and sell, 124 total trips from FC to stations. And got intradicted by an NPC...……………….. once! Indradicted buy a CMDR Pirate or Griefer...………… 0. And all trips in a 756T T9 un engineered.

Nest run will be even more profitable as I now have a 23k cargo or return sale commodities from the Tritium selling station, to sell at the Tritum buying station, also giving 3.5k credits a ton profit, so 80M extra credits profit for the new "buy" trips for more Tritium.

Had half a dozen chases from NPC Pirates who low wake followed me who when they appeared saw my FC and 2-4 security ships too, and said "Ha, now I have you" , then instantly turned and ran back into supercruise.

Fleet carriers really do make trading a lot safer as you can jump to the buy / sell station planet and have very short "trip" times in Supercruise. From a low of 10 seconds, to a high of 60 seconds. To short a timespan for almost any Pirate, NPC or CMDR to spot you, turn, catch you and intradict you before you have dropped out of SC into the "safe zone" of the Station or the Fleet Carrier.

Loving it. a nice break for bloody LTD mining.
Did you do this by selling buy/sell prices and getting help from other CMDRs, or did you do all the loading/unloading yourself? That's what's putting me off from trying a FC.

Just when you think FD cannot think of an activity that is simultaneously more boring, less challenging and more over-the-top earning than laser mining; behold the carriers.

Can't wait for what will no doubt be the next money maker in Odyssey: standing up and sitting down on a chair. It's awesome: it is so fast nobody can interdict you, it's very easy to do and you'll earn trillions per minute!

Glad to see someone running the system i recieved a little forum derision for suggesting in another thread.

Good work.

Yeah i hit the idea of just operating on 1000 cr a ton passive profit , giving the rest away to the workers, 3ish weeks ago. works very well. Have some early workers now almost have earned enough for their own FC.

Just when you think FD cannot think of an activity that is simultaneously more boring, less challenging and more over-the-top earning than laser mining; behold the carriers.

Can't wait for what will no doubt be the next money maker in Odyssey: standing up and sitting down on a chair. It's awesome: it is so fast nobody can interdict you, it's very easy to do and you'll earn trillions per minute!

But the fact that many players are using FCs to facilitate traders/miners, and that other players are using the FCs, would imply that many people don't agree that it is boring. ;)

There's something I tell my kids when they tell me they're bored. I'm sure you can work out what it is...

Did you do this by selling buy/sell prices and getting help from other CMDRs, or did you do all the loading/unloading yourself? That's what's putting me off from trying a FC.

First week and a half did it all myself, hard work, 10hrs a load, 5hrs loading, 5 hrs unloading, but kept all the profits. Then I hit on and pioneered the idea of just taking a 1000cr a ton cut, and have others do the shifting for me. And it works very well. I have at least 10ish part time crew members that hang around on my FC, PC and Xbox, and load and unload automatically for me when they want to work.

In a buy system they buy from the station for 4k ton and sell to my FC for 29k Ton, so make 25k ton profit "loading" , when i am full and jump to a sell system, They buy from my FC for 30k ton, and sell to the station for 52k ton, so make 22k ton offloading. The 1k ton between 29k and 30k is my cut, as the boss. I just do the admin and move the FC, post in system messages, etc, and do the odd load myself to increase the margins for me.

So what are you saving up for?

14b bank without LTD mining. Then i go from semi retirement, to full retirement, and start the engineering process using my FC after 5 years. Maybe try exploring with the FC too.

1 month ago i had 8.8b, a fleet and no FC. Now i have a FC, bigger fleet, and 10.3b.

14b with give me 10 years of FC upkeep, @ 12b cr , and 2b pocket money.

But the fact that many players are using FCs to facilitate traders/miners, and that other players are using the FCs, would imply that many people don't agree that it is boring. ;)

There's something I tell my kids when they tell me they're bored. I'm sure you can work out what it is...

Yes, I know there is a group of players for whom flying 124 straight-line AB routes with zero events is riveting excitement. I dont want to take it from you, I wish you many thousands more of these adventures.

I just wish FD would be bothered to add some gameplay for those who want something a bit more engaging. Your fun is basically a parody of the FedEx quest of 90s RPGs, but with all the actual gameplay stripped out of it. I think FD should be able to do a bit better. :?

Also, many people do whatever is most profitable regardless of how enjoyable it is. Hence the reputation of ED as being a mindless credit grinder. Having the least challenging and most repetitive activity earn the most might appeal to a subset of ED gamers, it is pretty much frowned upon by everyone else.

I offer the 3rd highest paying job in the Galaxy, LTD mining 1st, Tritium trading on your own 2nd, working for me 3rd, as i pay between 22k and 25k a ton profit, you can earn on the right run, with the right parking spot, and good , quick piloting skills, up to 140m cr an hour.

And this is very low risk, 3000+ flights now over 1 month hauling Tritium in open, 0 PVP ganks. I have calculated you can go from a 10t CARGO Sidewinder to a 756T Cargo T9 and a Fleet Carrier in a maximum 60 hrs working for me.

If you ever want to witness how many CMDRS without FC who dont want to mine LTD but want to haul Tritium, visit the large pad buy systrem, currently METZILI, of an evening or weekend, and just observe the system chat for a few hours.

I offer the 3rd highest paying job in the Galaxy, LTD mining 1st, Tritium trading on your own 2nd, working for me 3rd, as i pay between 22k and 25k a ton profit, you can earn on the right run, with the right parking spot, and good , quick piloting skills, up to 140m cr an hour.

And this is very low risk, 3000+ flights now over 1 month hauling Tritium in open, 0 PVP ganks. I have calculated you can go from a 10t CARGO Sidewinder to a 756T Cargo T9 and a Fleet Carrier in a maximum 60 hrs working for me.

If you ever want to witness how many CMDRS without FC who dont want to mine LTD but want to haul Tritium, visit the large pad buy systrem, currently METZILI, of an evening or weekend, and just observe the system chat for a few hours.

Yes, it is very profitable. But it's not fun. I am asking for an activity that is challenging, exciting and if possible earns well. Others will do whatever they need to earn as much fake space money as possible.

Just giving everyone unlimited credits would be a step up from this nonsense: it's every bit as pointless and unbalanced but at least it removes the mindless AB interdiction-less grinding.

Heck, my real job is considerably more fun than 'working for you' and it pays real monies. :)

Yes, it is very profitable. But it's not fun. I am asking for an activity that is challenging, exciting and if possible earns well. Others will do whatever they need to earn as much fake space money as possible.

Just giving everyone unlimited credits would be a step up from this nonsense: it's every bit as pointless and unbalanced but at least it removes the mindless AB interdiction-less grinding.

Heck, my real job is considerably more fun than 'working for you' and it pays real monies. :)

Plenty of CMDRS enjoy "space trucking" , upgrading their ships and cargo capacity every few hours /days. Plenty of fun stuff to do in retirement, once you earned the credits, got the your fleet of ships, and Fleet carrier, and a big fat wallet, then go do other stuff that pays badly, because, well, you no longer car what it pays, or what rebuys cost you.

To me, a 30m rebuy on my Fed Corvette, is not even a moments concern anymore.

Top Bottom