ANNOUNCEMENT 2.2 Your Input Needed - Passenger Tourist Destinations

Columns of Olympus

I know that I'm fairly late to the party but I found this sight of a White Dwarf., kissing a orbiting a Neutron star... with another White Dwarf orbiting 1,000 LS away. I call them the Columns of Olympus
-CMDR PenaltyBurnout

It's Located in DRYIO PRI EL-Y E2212
The system location is -916: -1046: 20,969

View attachment 117224
Screenshot-Original(1).png

Are submissions still being accepted?

I think, WAY back in this thread, Michael Brookes said they'd got enough for now (and those are presumably some of the tourist destination we currently have in-game), but I see no harm in continuing to post here as it seems reasonable to assume that Frontier would return to this thread if they wanted to add some more.

Last edited:
7. For the Slightly Loopy

Bubble Sector LX-T B3-1 1 A - "At the Mountains of Madness"

Lat/Long - 69.77, -148.40

17967002_10154332343561990_4287781104233054201_o.jpg

This small rocky moon is mostly flat apart from occasional mountain ranges that pop up kilometres above the surface and then drop down just as quickly. The pinkish-beige soil and the blue glow of the Bubble Nebula make the locale look truly alien. Some believe that an eldritch abomination lives under these mountains.

CMDR Sand dan Glokta

Last edited:
Location name: S171 34 / NGC 7822 Nebula
"S171 34, better known as the gate to the beautiful NGC 7822 Nebula, is a famous system among lovers and the premier place to spend a honeymoon. Why? The beautiful NGC 7822 Nebula is pierced by a line of O-stars - therefore it has been compared to Cupid's arrow piercing a heart. Approaching this nebula is an experience in its own, with each jump the bright band of O-stars becomes clearer and clearer as well as the Nebula unfolds its colorful beauty. Once arrived, this area is filled with black holes and vibrant stars. On top of this, a cruise to S171 -34 provides the unique opportunity to take a stop in the Maia system and visit one of the close by Barnacles." (also so nice goal for eccentric passengers, there are other nebulas close by)

The Nebula

S171 34 and a neighboring system

Commander name : CMDR Ray Mobula

I just came through the NGC 7822 Nebula randomly on my way to the Formidine Rift. In one of the first systems of the nebula, I noticed something odd: a POI named "Cupid's Arrow" appearing as a satellite of the planet, S171 34 1. This satellite turns out to be a tourist beacon. Nice job CMDR Ray Mobula!

Location Name: 3 Geminorum (farthest south non-procedural star system)

Screenshot: I would go with is the view from the moon, 3 Geminorum 2 A, which sits exactly on the edge of rings of a rare Helium-rich Gas Giant:

xNbNxMm.jpg

gksn2ZG.jpg

Commander name: CMDR Vitamin Arrr (I also have first-discovery on the system)

Note: This is a very difficult-to-reach system, both because it involves crossing the quite sparse Perseus Fade (see my southern crossing map for a good route), and because 3 Geminorum itself requires jumponium to reach. As a result, I would restrict access to missions to 3 Geminorum for CMDRs of at least Pioneer rank in Exploration, and set the payout to be something very substantial.

Screenshot: A water world with a water rich atmosphere, orbits a class 4 gas giant, and is the final resting place of a Type 9 transport, the Crimson Hulk. It was transporting artifacts from Sol's past, to be displayed in a museum aboard Schiaparelli Vision, but the Crimson Hulk was interdicted too close to 30 Ceti 4, causing the Type 9 to crash into the water world's dark depths. The wreck has yet to be found.
c9XHOoa.png

cmdr name: cmdr Infernal-Jawa

Location name: The Grey Twins
System and planet: PRU EUQ BB-W E2-0, planet A 1, planet A 2

Screenshot:
q6pjS8f.jpg

Distance from Sol: 1569.26 ly

Description:

These two large class V gas giants orbit each other closely at around 600ls from their parent B0 class star.
The system itself is interesting, consisting of 2 B0 class stars, as well as class V, IV gas giants, and some minor moons and planets.

The breathtaking double eclipse of twin, grey gas giants is made blue by the cold light of a B0 class star. The location of the system above the galactic plane also makes it a great Milky Way vantage point.

Note: Due to the scarcity of systems around, PRU EUQ BB-W E2-0 requires 45+ ly jumprange or possibly some jump boosts along the way.

Commander name: CMDR Vall

Last edited:
I think, WAY back in this thread, Michael Brookes said they'd got enough for now (and those are presumably some of the tourist destination we currently have in-game), but I see no harm in continuing to post here as it seems reasonable to assume that Frontier would return to this thread if they wanted to add some more.

You are also all very welcome to take a look at the Galactic Mapping Project and consider submitting some of your finds there in addition to doing it in this thread. Unlike the tourist beacons the GMP is NOT OFFICIAL and your submissions won´t get any in-game pressence. But it is still one of the main hubs for collecting exploration community content. I think we have more than 1000 POIs on the maps in EDSM and EDDiscovery these days - all submitted by the exploration community - and there's room for more :)

Cheers :)

Last edited:
Triple Ripple

System/Object : WEPAE EG-Y G1024, bodies B, C and D
Gal Map coordinates: -6292: -754 : 23,967
Distance from Sol: 24,792 LY
CMDR Name: Cral Travis

Description: A triple neutron star system orbiting a primary black hole (quaternary system in total). There is a close pair of neutron stars, orbiting about 3 light seconds apart, which can be flown through like "goal posts", whilst a third, smaller neutron star orbits both with an inclined axis of rotation. Interestingly, the two closely-paired neutron stars cause gravitational lensing around themselves, like a black hole, which can clearly be seen when travelling at speed within a few thousand light seconds of them.

trinary neutron 2.jpg

binary neutron run  2.jpg

binary neutron run through.jpg

Last edited:
Screenshot:
zRnfTGK.jpg
Commander name: Marx

An Earth-like world (which I'd like to name Celerity) which is in a very close orbit of a ringed gas giant. Since the system is inside a nebula, the view is even more impressive.

Last edited:
Valentine vista

General location: Near the core
System: PHRAA FLYUAE SQ-X C17-7480
Main attractions: Moons of PHRAA FLYUAE SQ-X C17-7480 A 5

Overview:

-A near by pink and purple nebular casting wonderful pinks on the dark side of PHRAA FLYUAE SQ-X C17-7480 A 5 moons.
-6 moons in total around PHRAA FLYUAE SQ-X C17-7480 A 5

vv1.jpg

vv2.jpg

vv3.jpg

vv4.jpg

vv5.jpg

vv6.jpg

Are you still taking submissions for tourist beacons?
After my explosion at EODGOLS AF-R D4-278 Neutron star, some kind soul suggested a "Lunchmoney's Demise" beacon. Somewhere in the flare would be good :)
Bp4LbYcDz8_Fvf-9jXeI9CIsOZbCL-t8f0KIN6xvEnUelvDM-tMYdFPbD7l2SyYqUQ3u1KqCBsNUxhrO0hwCu8Zk4EPd_mUIjY1YUs1fuohrx1Dweih3FjY9KQRSEyavH86NhfLufbedkQ_YerLxX7dzXkC39bYHI7ppg_NVl2NkZPCSQqe4kZ2FUKI8dqU8uwKY5ZbOLjRXhqKBRcE4Jg9GooL3tBzjtpblYbQvgnVXbIgBhOgDigwGT5nrByXBYgQq__8Ic9U2Fgichl2-JzlkzaLev-1sjJwLFLllcbGTWdvuvGS_0e_v8VmAgE3x9FT_xlM-EYt18ZA9kXpjQgCgkdIVKmSqfEHdG6rP4HouLQx1KRl_2GngrYJyQ5Po9FS9gwSlmTe6eTEUOUweJBe4T-YPupjOiEgxJcgDhleaKLu9UtVtLh7LUlbGtH6tXP_1kW6OnsmPPnwCRwn80-9WjiFPrBAg3U_0pGmqXcp2mthxooMQKaWffAFUkGLWv9eyKpuKYUHHImHiKlYiJgmRRz4JsjYYRJULpx9vljWfFD8K3biKiIdgGCnMa9kOYlrj6Bnw8uH7CsLjWa911v9POs5Yc-feNpbF_-HCpqCiGRLucQfAtw=w1040-h650-no

Ouch. The rank, at least, is pretty trivial for you to do now anyway since 2.3... but the tags on 4k fully explored systems? Yeh, that sucks. You should submit it as a tourist beacon though, like pippo said. "Lunchmoney's Demise", or whatever.

Last edited:
The Three Graces

Main attraction: Three terraformable water worlds containing life, in tight orbit around a neutron star.
Near: Sagitarius A*, in one of the Neutron Fields
Beacon location: planet 1, orbit
Distance from Sol: ~25,800Ly
CMDR Name: Charybdis

Nav beacon text (suggested):
"Well after discovering these beauties I was planning on retiring here. But heck... might as well have visitors."
-CMDR Charybdis

Judged to be the remnants of a super nova, a neutron star is dense, hot, and spinning. The sheer number of them in this volume of space calls into question what stellar event took place here. One that left behind so many?

The calmness of the moment actually conceals the vicious damage once wrought here. A massive star near the end of its main sequence, and in the final stages of collapse, will shrink further under the weight of its nuclear processes. Beyond a certain point the outer shell is blown away while a core of neutrons remains.

A super nova is the death of a star. Known to explorers as "The Neutron Fields", it is a battle field graveyard of fallen giants.

These systems are undergoing regeneration, and showing that there can be a rebirth from death. Companion stars, dense metallic worlds, and gas giants, all form a respectful distance away from the neutron star at the centre of the system.

That the regeneration includes three waterworlds, all terraformable, and with new life, confirms the presence of the three graces: charm, beauty, and creativity.

7CiL15Y.jpg

http://cmdrcharybdis.blogspot.co.uk/2015/06/the-three-graces.html

Last edited:
Top Bottom