2.3 Beta Release News (27th Feb)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Bingo! And that's why I'm not putting too much expectation on multi-crew...

Aww I think they do the best they can. I see zero problems, but then again I am on a Canadian Broadband Network (a horn fanfare is heard)

IMO,
Most of the game's netcode is aimed at solving and going around local problems and issues with old comps, wonky routers and ISP traffic shaping.
Not to mention those of us running streamers, bitorrents and who know what else in the background sucking your bandwidth away.

To all those who are expressing their displeasure about the non-arrival of the Beta as was expected....

I pity your wives.

A guy wrote today in other forum about some competition with medals in WoT which requires around 200 matches, that his wife will kick him out if he try and I told him, that if this works for sure, I’ll download WoT immediately...

Hi everyone,

Despite our best efforts, unfortunately the 2.3 beta won't be available today. We're working hard to get it ready as soon as possible, and I'll let you know as soon as I have more information.

Sorry for any inconvenience... I'll keep you posted. You'll have new information as soon as we can get it to you (more info likely first thing tomorrow).

Thanks again for your continued patience.

Ed

I think this sums it up:
[cry]

Yeah man, we are talking about a beta with some real core changes (network stuff) here, and not about a product being released to a store. What a small mind must one have to compare a beta release of a software to a major release of a final product to the market? This is really stupid, dude.

Core changes to the network? They still use peer-to-peer architecture. They found out that their network code was not efficient in some situations. I would hardly qualify those improvements as "core changes"... If they were to switch from p2p to client-to-server, then, yes, I would agree that this would represent a core change.

I, for one, am glad! I am away with work today and tomorrow, not back till Wednesday. Feel free to delay until then!

On a serious note, thanks for letting us know!

Core changes to the network? They still use peer-to-peer architecture. They found out that their network code was not efficient in some situations. I would hardly qualify those improvements as "core changes"... If they were to switch from p2p to client-to-server, then, yes, I would agree that this would represent a core change.

It would be a core change and still wouldn't actually help much for a twitch based system. I cant see how a client based server system would be faster as by going peer to peer you miss out the middle man, which should be faster.

Ian Phillips

Volunteer Moderator
Nice attitude Ian.

Way to represent FDev. ;)

Personal post. I do not represent FD. I'm a volunteer moderator and am entitled to make my personal posts as is everyone else.

You don't like it? If you think it beaks a forum rule - report it just as you would any other post that may break the forum rules.

Wow. Good moderating.

Thinking the same thing, but there's no blue banner, just the moderator icon. But it does sound just as heated as other posts in this thread (mine included), and a conflict of interest regarding the community; but it is his personal opinion after all. :)

Last edited:
All the people moaning.i say dont release till its ready.too many companies release broken stuff just to meet the deadlines.

Personal post. I do not represent FD. I'm a volunteer moderator and am entitled to make my personal posts as is everyone else.

You don't like it? If you think it beaks a forum rule - report it just as you would any other post that may break the forum rules.

You mean you don't speak with the spirit-fire of David Braben in your belly, commanding every flit of the tongue and pursing of the lips to his divine will?

Huh, weird.

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom