2.3 Beta Release News (27th Feb)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Especially excited about this beta because this is a major step in 'humanising' the universe.

In live there is the issue that there is no sense of person, a universe of automatons.

These games aren't just space simulators; they are simulations of YOU in space. Without an avatar you feel like you are the ship itself, not the person piloting it.

I promised it would only take 10 minutes to do the washing up but forgot the plates were procedurally generated.

I don't have beta access but I'm looking forward to finding out what's in store on this update when it's production ready :)

It's a massive job I'm sure

Give them some rest guys.

Remember they are working hard for our enjoyment.

What would be your feeling if some previous comments were for your work.

Last edited:
You lot do realize the only result all this saltyness is going to achieve is no more time estimates in future then we will complain about comunication, At what point do you think we become part of the problem. I used to complain about the comms but no more, I get it now. it's like trying to talk to a sack of mad cats while your covered in sardine aftershave.

Last edited:
Neither do I, I get it might not be ready, but setting a date and getting the smallest hype then not showing says a lot. Especially when it's done twice. FD should of just set a definite day.

stormyuk

Volunteer Moderator
I definitely disagree on it being good, but the main issue I have with that game is that their devs literally lied to people about features and kept quiet on the matter and changes to what was and wasn't going to be in the game.
For me its just got no longevity at all. You can slag off Destiny but it kept me going back even after I had the platinum trophy. NMS literally as soon as I got the platinum I just stopped playing. I think I tried it once more for the base building patch and just thought, this game just is not going anywhere.

Having been here from the very beginning, this comes as no surprise when it comes to betas - as has been said this is no big deal. Perhaps if it was a 'live' release date then it might be a different case - but it's not!

It's amusing when one person pokes fun at a previous comment to lighten things up and a next person gets upset at that comment taking it as being serious.

I'm not talking about any specific case here. There have been several.

Last edited:
Neither do I, I get it might not be ready, but setting a date and getting the smallest hype then not showing says a lot. Especially when it's done twice. FD should of just set a definite day.
FD never really "set" a date, they gave an "Estimated Time of Arrival" as we call it in aviation. Can hardly blame them for delivering a bit later, especially if the reason for that is to improve players/testers' experience...

For me its just got no longevity at all. You can slag off Destiny but it kept me going back even after I had the platinum trophy. NMS literally as soon as I got the platinum I just stopped playing. I think I tried it once more for the base building patch and just thought, this game just is not going anywhere.
I cannot belive I am seeing this, FD is just confused, Elite is one of a kind.. it will go places. I don't see any other game besides maybe Star Citzen that has 800b galaxy's to explore and hidden content like the Thargoids. I don't. Give it time, don't be unpatent with Elite! Star Citzen isn't going anywhere either, it's in alpha.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom