2.3 Beta Release News (27th Feb)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
I think this is a little unfair. We post this information with a heavy heart. We are working very hard to get things ready for the beta test period. I understand you may be disappointed... but I'm always going to keep you updated with information when it's available.

Might want to fire your frontier help team. Been saying all the stuff

I'm ok with that. Still, it's better to say "soon" than to promise specific days. :) If you guys have been working over the weekend, then just go home. Get some sleep.

Would you be willing to share with us by what metric or specific failure you decided not to release today? X crashes per hour on average?

I think this is a little unfair. We post this information with a heavy heart. We are working very hard to get things ready for the beta test period. I understand you may be disappointed... but I'm always going to keep you updated with information when it's available.

Can you give us any insight into what the difficulties are?

A classic case of "You're dammed if you do and dammed if you don't" I'm afraid.

I second that motion.

How about a consoloation prize: Anything going in for us explorers that haven't been announced yet....even if it's tiny?

Again, no worries. Thankfully there are others games to play in the meantime. I do second that some patch notes would be nice, it'd at least feel like we got something today. ;)

Thanks for the update. Stick to your guns, always quality over speed. I'm sure we'd all love to Beta test features than dealing with crashes, ETC.

Last edited:
Frontier has been criticized for saying nothing the past, many many times.

There is a difference between providing useful information and providing promises that they then have to live up to. They could have easily said beta will be released towards the end of February. This is simply about managing expectation instead of making promises they can't keep.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom