2.3 Beta Release News (27th Feb)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.

Ian Phillips

Volunteer Moderator
Not that I actually care as I found your comment amusing, but FD changed things for mods recently regarding posting. If you are not "moderating" a thread, ie a personal post, then you removed the admin flair / avatar ... and if you were posting as a mod then you activated the flair. (Default off I believe) With you posting and your avatar says "moderator" for all they know it's an official post .. not a personal one.

Check with the other mods what they do .. avoid trouble - don't cause it.

You bad man you ;)

The mod flair showing or not is a function of each forum users profile settings (display signature). My 'mod flair' is not showing.

The 'problem' is that the flair function isn't perfect - but that's a different problem.

Last edited:
It would be a core change and still wouldn't actually help much for a twitch based system. I cant see how a client based server system would be faster as by going peer to peer you miss out the middle man, which should be faster.

No, you replace one middleman by 2, 3 or 4. Your connection to the group is as good as the worst connection from the people of your group, so, in reality, client-server is much faster and reliable. You're not slowed down because someone in your wing is lagging.

I just want to read the patch notes and salvage the gameplay polishments over the core elements.

Me too, I'm putting off a jaunt out to Colonia, where I'm planning on pootling around for a few months, until I know if there's a reason (or not) to delay my trip.

I'm most interested in seeing the changelog for this update, to see what you've done with mission balancing.
Changelog is the thing i'm waiting the most too.

I mostly look forward learning about Chain Missions (are they new, or some renamed old etc).

Last edited:
Must not mention "entitled" word or "instant gratification" words....
Will wait patiently because FD deliver.

Can we consider this delay a bug? ;)

Seriously - just give us something. Anything :)
Any news of whats more in the update? Pretty plissssssssss...

I had a mini-pseudo-vacation ending tomorrow, I was hoping to be able to use some of the free time to dive into the beta.

Anyway, working in the software industry myself, I perfectly know that stuff doesn't happen just because someone put some pin on a calendar. Pretty sure the devs worked hard to deliver on schedule, but it just wasn't possible. At the end of the day, its still a first world problenm, and the drama some poeple are making over this is way exaggerated.

Honestly, I was more curious about reading the patch notes for the beta, to find out the illusive background improvements, megaships, asteroid bases, the dolphin's stats, and the thing Ed teased as "I don't think you have seen the best part yet", the to actually playing it.

Last edited:

Anything you say ...

tumblr_mi1dadewU81qgzh68o1_500.gif

Better to have something that works arrive late than have something that doesnt work.

Better to have hourly updates from one person than get stormed on social media and support tickets asking but they don't do that either, I just can't understand it. Why promise a day that you know will be hard to keep instead of just announcing it a day or two before you're definitely going to be done with it. It doesn't make people happier to be promised something and not get it. It doesn't make for more sales. It's the exact opposite.

yeah, take as long as you want, just as long as it's tomorrow ;) actually it's my birthday this weekend, before then would be good....

Last edited:
Better to have hourly updates from one person than get stormed on social media and support tickets asking but they don't do that either, I just can't understand it. Why promise a day that you know will be hard to keep instead of just announcing it a day or two before you're definitely going to be done with it. It doesn't make people happier to be promised something and not get it. It doesn't make for more sales. It's the exact opposite.

Classic mistake made by usually excitable people who haven`t yet figured in that problems can jump up when you least expect.

Also hourly updates are stupid. So you want to know what happens by the hour? Pointless.

Last edited:
The mod flair showing or not is a function of each forum users profile settings (display signature). My 'mod flair' is not showing.

The 'problem' is that the flair function isn't perfect - but that's a different problem.

No, the 'problem' is that you are a recognized representative of Frontier Developments regardless of whether of not you volunteer your time or get paid for it and regardless of what your posts look like. That's not something you have the privilege of switching off, even if there's a literal switch on your forum profile provided by FD. You're either a moderator or you're not, period. You will never get the option of being both because there will always be a part of the community that will hold you to a higher standard than the rest of the people who post in the forums, and rightly so. You chose that responsibility when you signed up. If you don't want it, even some of the time, then you need to give it up altogether. People in enforcement positions don't get to have it both ways.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom