2.3 Beta Release News (27th Feb)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
No more false promises.

FD should avoid giving fake dates, focus on delivering, and when it's ready, post the changelog.

No more, no less.

This new episode is quite unhappy toward players.

Stop reading indications and estimations as promises and your life will be a lot sunnier.

Stop reading indications and estimations as promises and your life will be a lot sunnier.

No one among us force FD to give us dates.

If FD has decided to give dates they were plenty confident about their capability to deliver.

OK there was a trouble so they postponed one first time. Fair, everyone could understand. But what is really " a bad move and a bad given date" is the second estimation (if fake is too strong). They took 2 days : Friday and Monday, FD failed again to deliver and this is not good for communication.

For my personal concern, I sincerely prefer no more dates, just a deliver when it's ready instead of frustrating people for nothing.

Really, it is a better way to deliver and avoid all this drama.

Brett C

Frontier
No more false promises.

FD should avoid giving fake dates, focus on delivering, and when it's ready, post the changelog.

No more, no less.

This new episode is quite unhappy toward players.

Fake dates? They were dates that we originally were aiming for a BETA release for.

The dev team simply found some issues with the beta client. Rather releasing a game client that would be 1) extremely prone to crashing, 2) generally unstable, it was held back so that the remaining bugs could be resolved and wouldn't make it to live. Because let's be honest here, if we shipped beta as it was, this forum would be filled with complaint after complaint about game crashing, networking issues, etc. Which well, wouldn't be helping anyone.

No one among us force FD to give us dates.

If FD has decided to give dates they were plenty confident about their capability to deliver.

OK there was a trouble so they postponed one first time. Fair, everyone could understand. But what is really " a bad move and a bad given date" is the second estimation (if fake is too strong). They took 2 days : Friday and Monday, FD failed again to deliver and this is not good for communication.

For my personal concern, I sincerely prefer no more dates, just a deliver when it's ready instead of frustrating people for nothing.

Really, it is a better way to deliver and avoid all this drama.

they are merely keeping us their second or third line of beta testers (internal and private QA first and second) informed, as we will in turn push their changes and content to the limit before 2.3 lands and report any game breaking and minor bugs, which will then be hopefully fixed or corrected before it goes live, they listen to us at this stage of development. And then the game goes live and the less bugs the better for them and us.

Fake dates? They were dates that we originally were aiming for a BETA release for.

The dev team simply found some issues with the beta client. Rather releasing a game client that would be 1) extremely prone to crashing, 2) generally unstable, it was held back so that the remaining bugs could be resolved and wouldn't make it to live. Because let's be honest here, if we shipped beta as it was, this forum would be filled with complaint after complaint about game crashing, networking issues, etc. Which well, wouldn't be helping anyone.

True dat. very true.

Cheers Brett no worries, most of us understand and appreciate the issues and the efforts you put in. For the entitled idiots, the ignore list is my friend....

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom