2.3 Beta Release News (27th Feb)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Hyperbole much? Your post is as toxic as the ones people are complaining about. I simply said they should be held accountable. I do that with my wallet. I've been perfectly reasonable. You, however, are just trolling.

Frontier are legally allowed to release the software at the time of there choosing, get off ya high horse Mr accountable.

Last edited:
Good question.

I think it's just developer empathy. Everyone's been in that tight spot before where nothing's working and you don't know why, and it's gonna take time to work out why even though there are clients waiting for you.

Yep, developers empathy - as a developer for [insert impressive number] years I can understand FDev holding back - writing working code is tricky - releasing code is much harder - it has to work when a grumpy user sticks on an under powered virus ridden out-of-date Windows machine, and naturally it doesn't work right, but as the developer it's always your fault and you're left trying to explain why something fails when what you really want to say is "Well it works on my machine, so the problem is you or your machine!"

Uhh... you do know that 2.3 isn't Horizons, right? All of 2 (2.0, 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, 2.4) is Horizons. If you haven't already purchased Horizons then the beta for 2.3 does not apply to you.

2.3 is horizons. The commanders is a feature of horizons. If you don't own the expansion, you don't get multicrew.

Last edited:
could understand complaining about a delay on a full release date (if you had pre ordered/ordered horizons) but to complain over a delayed (estimated) beta access date ? really ?

Can anybody tell me how I can be eligible for the free 2.3 update please?

That is I would like to play 2.3 without spending any money.

Thanks in advance.

I'm a long time developer. While I do agree that expectations can be managed better, I don't agree with much else you said. Frontier and it developers are eager to please. You seem to misinterpret that and jump to the conclusion that they have a lack of experience. That's largely and assumption on your part and not fair to Frontier.

Not what I was saying at all.... My first para was not aimed at the devs, and all the stuff that was was about comms, to clarify I'll bullet point

I have no doubts about their CODING expertise and experience.

I have doubts about some of the QA stuff (I think they need more staff but I also think there is a problem with the Beta model and poor quality feedback from players)

I have doubts about some of the project management (IMO there seems to be internal stuff pulling the game in different directions)

I am not impressed AT ALL with their comms.

If that's not clear please feel free to highlight what you think isn't fair and I'm more than happy to bore everyones pants off with more detail!

Thanks in advance.

Don't think you can without spending money (the beta I mean, the update is free for all who own Horizons).

Last edited:

Thanks in advance.

If you have horizons you will get the 2.3 update when it fully launches. They beta is to come any day now, maybe even today. You might be able to buy into the beta of 2.3 when it launches on FD store.

Why is everyone so desperate to be the first person to play the beta?
In a few months I guarantee you will all have moved on to asking about 2.4

I don't know about others, but at the moment the main game is boring for me,

nothing left to Engineer, Got ridiculously high credits, "seen one system, seen em all".

And before you tell me to "take a break, play something else", I have not played Elite in weeks, I'm just looking forward to Elites new updates, because the game has so much potential... potential that I hope is realized.

Basically I'm bored with Today's Elite, but really excited and hopeful about tomorrow's Elite

Last edited:
  • Like (+1)
Reactions: NMS
Frontier are legally allowed to release the software at the time of there choosing, get ya high horse Mr accountable.

...and it's also in their best interest to get this out as soon as possible. As anxious as you may be, you've got to wait like the rest of us... or would you rather spend hours downloading 2.3B1 as soon as it's available, only to find it's busted and you've got to wait before you can download another 8GB all over again before you can even launch the game, then throw all the toys out of your pram because it hasn't got the one feature you wanted?

If you're sufficiently vexed, I suggest you seek legal advice. At least someone will be grateful. Now, here at least, please calm down so we've got a chance of hearing from FDev. We want something from them that they're trying to deliver.

Why is everyone so desperate to be the first person to play the beta?
In a few months I guarantee you will all have moved on to asking about 2.4

Because some kids would wait up (try to stay awake?) for Father Christmas to arrive ... it's built into the psyche :p

But not everyone ;)

Last edited:
could understand complaining about a delay on a full release date (if you had pre ordered/ordered horizons) but to complain over a delayed (estimated) beta access date ? really ?

It's just their target of the day. It's better if you ignore it and stay positive. Most people here are positive and supportive of Frontier, but as always there are some who are entitled children who can never understand why a dev has to push something back. The funny part is people would complain if they released it and they encountered the bug frontier is trying to hard to fix. Damned if you do Damned if you don't.

Last edited:

Thanks in advance.

It's a precision of language thing. Version 2.3 is not free. It simply doesn't cost anything extra if you've already purchased Horizons.

For everybody demanding the patch notes, I should inform you that they have already been published. They are all here - in the Library of Babel

The had part, of course, is finding them.

There's something about Thargoids slap bang in the middle of page 359 right here. (also something about eliminating bony sneezewords - must be something to do with ship naming)

Have fun! :D

Not what I was saying at all.... My first para was not aimed at the devs, and all the stuff that was was about comms, to clarify I'll bullet point

I have no doubts about their CODING expertise and experience.

I have doubts about some of the QA stuff (I think they need more staff but I also think there is a problem with the Beta model and poor quality feedback from players)

I have doubts about some of the project management (IMO there seems to be internal stuff pulling the game in different directions)

I am not impressed AT ALL with their comms.

If that's not clear please feel free to highlight what you think isn't fair and I'm more than happy to bore everyones pants off with more detail!

What do you think is more of an issue when it comes to QA, Frontier's lack of staff or poor feedback from the beta test community?

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom