2.3 Beta Release News (27th Feb)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Frontier are legally allowed to release the software at the time of there choosing, get off ya high horse Mr accountable.

Yes, they are, legally.

There's more to the argument than cold legality however. You are frustrating in that you inhabit the extreme other side in overly defending the company.

Accountability is not a black and white thing, there are different levels of it. It IS silly to suggest they are culpable of some kind of gross injustice; but they do have some level of accountability in not being able to fulfil release schedules. Remember how seasons were supposed to last for one year?

Though it's more not legality, but accepting the fine print.

This is a business, they are not a charity, we are paying customers.

Yes, they are, legally.

There's more to the argument than cold legality however. You are frustrating in that you inhabit the extreme other side in overly defending the company.

Accountability is not a black and white thing, there are different levels of it. It IS silly to suggest they are culpable of some kind of gross injustice; but they do have some level of accountability in not being able to fulfil release schedules. Remember how seasons were supposed to last for one year?

And it's a bata test, excuse me i'm having trouble keeping a straight face.

Last edited:
I assume your referring to NMS. It's good too but, as you say, not yet as successful.

I definitely disagree on it being good, but the main issue I have with that game is that their devs literally lied to people about features and kept quiet on the matter and changes to what was and wasn't going to be in the game.

Yes, they are, legally.

You were accountable for making this response understandable and look what happened. ;)

Last edited:
Long time listener first time caller here
Just like to say it's getting a bit childish in here , so what it's late, in the end its a BETA not a finished product and should be treated as such, no doubt it will get tweaked and updated over time but that's the purpose of a BETA so just try and show some patience.

Yes, they are, legally.

Did you pay for the beta already? If not they basically owe you nothing right now.

Also, do you have a source on where they said Seasons would be yearly? Some people mentioned this before but I never seen it officially somewhere.

Long time listener first time caller here
Just like to say it's getting a bit childish in here , so what it's late, in the end its a BETA not a finished product and should be treated as such, no doubt it will get tweaked and updated over time but that's the purpose of a BETA so just try and show some patience.
We are not mad that it's late. We're mad because FD try's to makes promises they can't keep. "Friday" -- "Monday" then what? Next year?

Last edited:
I think this is a little unfair. We post this information with a heavy heart. We are working very hard to get things ready for the beta test period. I understand you may be disappointed... but I'm always going to keep you updated with information when it's available.

No Ed, its not unfair, FD is being held to the standard of a professional, seasoned, experienced company yet continues to make the rookie mistakes of youth. There is stretching and then there is over stretching.

You guys have the smoothest space flight mechanics out there IMO, but you really need to push the momentum guys, what are you gonna do when the competition steps up? Will all the haters out there that didn't allow you to employ proper, functional fund raising mechanisms, so you can hire more staff to compensate for all the stretching, will they be enough people to populate your universe?
What is worse, having some people who bought their ships with real world money flying around in a seemingly infinite universe, or FD constantly not meeting their deadlines because they are over budget and understaffed?

Especially excited about this beta because this is a major step in 'humanising' the universe.

In live there is the issue that there is no sense of person, a universe of automatons.

These games aren't just space simulators; they are simulations of YOU in space. Without an avatar you feel like you are the ship itself, not the person piloting it.

I promised it would only take 10 minutes to do the washing up but forgot the plates were procedurally generated.

I don't have beta access but I'm looking forward to finding out what's in store on this update when it's production ready :)

It's a massive job I'm sure

Give them some rest guys.

Remember they are working hard for our enjoyment.

What would be your feeling if some previous comments were for your work.

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom