2.3 Beta Release News (27th Feb)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
You lot do realize the only result all this saltyness is going to achieve is no more time estimates in future then we will complain about comunication, At what point do you think we become part of the problem. I used to complain about the comms but no more, I get it now. it's like trying to talk to a sack of mad cats while your covered in sardine aftershave.

Last edited:
Neither do I, I get it might not be ready, but setting a date and getting the smallest hype then not showing says a lot. Especially when it's done twice. FD should of just set a definite day.

stormyuk

Volunteer Moderator
I definitely disagree on it being good, but the main issue I have with that game is that their devs literally lied to people about features and kept quiet on the matter and changes to what was and wasn't going to be in the game.

For me its just got no longevity at all. You can slag off Destiny but it kept me going back even after I had the platinum trophy. NMS literally as soon as I got the platinum I just stopped playing. I think I tried it once more for the base building patch and just thought, this game just is not going anywhere.

Having been here from the very beginning, this comes as no surprise when it comes to betas - as has been said this is no big deal. Perhaps if it was a 'live' release date then it might be a different case - but it's not!

It's amusing when one person pokes fun at a previous comment to lighten things up and a next person gets upset at that comment taking it as being serious.

I'm not talking about any specific case here. There have been several.

Last edited:
Neither do I, I get it might not be ready, but setting a date and getting the smallest hype then not showing says a lot. Especially when it's done twice. FD should of just set a definite day.

FD never really "set" a date, they gave an "Estimated Time of Arrival" as we call it in aviation. Can hardly blame them for delivering a bit later, especially if the reason for that is to improve players/testers' experience...

For me its just got no longevity at all. You can slag off Destiny but it kept me going back even after I had the platinum trophy. NMS literally as soon as I got the platinum I just stopped playing. I think I tried it once more for the base building patch and just thought, this game just is not going anywhere.
I cannot belive I am seeing this, FD is just confused, Elite is one of a kind.. it will go places. I don't see any other game besides maybe Star Citzen that has 800b galaxy's to explore and hidden content like the Thargoids. I don't. Give it time, don't be unpatent with Elite! Star Citzen isn't going anywhere either, it's in alpha.

You lot do realize the only result all this saltyness is going to achieve is no more time estimates in future then we will complain about comunication, At what point do you think we become part of the problem.

That isn't such a bad thing in the end. Their integrity will rise in most peoples opinion as they will hit the dates they set. Then we can just moan about the bugs in the beta/game.

Dude, it is *development* release of very complex set of software. Either FD would have said mid March or you can get estimates like these. Guess which ones we all want to go with.

I really don't understand why some people get mad about an update. MY God people, it's a Beta. They a really working hard and it will arrive at some point.
It's a video game and some of you are taking it too serious. Get a life and let them work.

Last edited:
Woweeee... came here for an update on the 2.3 beta, seems I've stumbled into an office full of trainee Lawyers!

I can only imagine that the sharp increase in civilians practising Law comes largely from those who have either pulled a sickie from work expecting FDEV beta goodies, or have absolutely nothing else to do other than watch Judge Rinder while sobbing into a Beef and Tomato Pot Noodle, reminiscing on times where things used to be... better.

Honestly, have you ever seen or heard of a game company being sued, fined or otherwise legally challenged for the late release of a beta? I certainly haven't!

In summary:
- FDEV haven't 'promised' any release dates
- A beta is a beta, you are entitled to access, but that's pretty much it. It's going to be buggy, and you will die a lot.
- You do not have a contract with FDEV with regards to promised content going forward. Engineers was basically all you paid for this season, IMHO. Everything else is extra toppings.
- Beef and Tomato pot noodle is the worst flavour, hands down.

So why are you getting angry? If you want to vote with your wallets, please feel free to do so. I myself am allowing FDEV to continue doing what they do - It's almost like some of you don't want FDEV to survive and continue supporting Elite.

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom