2.3 Beta Release News (27th Feb)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
No they did, the season was one price, the season with beta access is additional.

Exactly so.

I think this thread is starting to become more entertaining than the beta will be. One poster drops a comment complaining about the delay and the whole thread goes off on a hair-trigger. Like an elephant in a room full of mouse traps. I'm almost tempted to create a forum alter-ego and start demanding a refund..

the price of pop-corn has just gone up..

I think some people on this thread should think themselves lucky they didn't have to wait for the tape version of elite c64 to load, now THAT felt like a long wait.

All future sales of the beta access will include a bottle of tranquilizers at no extra charge. Pre-order today and receive the limited edition Elite Dangerous Lava Lamp.[yesnod]

I won't pay for a bobblehead, but I would pony up some cash for a dashboard lava lamp.

No, the 'problem' is that you are a recognized representative of Frontier Developments regardless of whether of not you volunteer your time or get paid for it and regardless of what your posts look like. That's not something you have the privilege of switching off, even if there's a literal switch on your forum profile provided by FD. You're either a moderator or you're not, period. You will never get the option of being both because there will always be a part of the community that will hold you to a higher standard than the rest of the people who post in the forums, and rightly so. You chose that responsibility when you signed up. If you don't want it, even some of the time, then you need to give it up altogether. People in enforcement positions don't get to have it both ways.

Having been a mod before, comments like this make the job miserable. I suggest you try to support the free time of people who against the odds try to keep things on track...

Remember without these volunteers, the forums wouldn't be here. Frontier couldn't pay anyone enough to put up with what being a mod involves on a daily basis.

Exactly so.

I think this thread is starting to become more entertaining than the beta will be. One poster drops a comment complaining about the delay and the whole thread goes off on a hair-trigger. Like an elephant in a room full of mouse traps. I'm almost tempted to create a forum alter-ego and start demanding a refund..

the price of pop-corn has just gone up..

You can't get a refund on something that is "Free".

*Runs for cover*

EDWARD LEWIS

Giveth us a sign, we implore thee

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom