Patch Notes Update 2.3 Beta, Update 2

just re install game from the store and that gives you the new launcher o7

I don't think that's the problem (I'm non-Steam). Tried deleting EliteDangerous64.exe from the "PUBLIC_TEST_SERVER_64" folder and while it did download a new EXE, was the same one (same problem).

My guess is that they've had to recompile both the server and the game client code to disable Multiplayer after the late detection of the showstopper bug. Since this probably isn't the smallest codebase in the world I can imagine that this process takes quite some time and then they have to do some more QA testing to make sure that everything still works as expected.

So, they probably need a few hours to issue the update and to update the beta servers.

• Change the exponent of the curve used for shield resistance from power distributor pips to make it less harsh. 0 and 4 pips are unchanged, middle values now have a higher damage resistance. Specifically changed from 2->0.85, which means that 2 pip has an increased damage resistance from 15%->33% (0 pip stays at 0%, 4 pip stays at 60%). This change means that the TTL (Time To Live) increase of each additional half-pip is approximately the same, rather than almost nothing to start and spiking up towards the end, hopefully allowing players to use setups other than 4-SYS with less penalty. Does not affect CQC ships
  • Fix a muddling of grades on module reinforcements that made them a bit of a newbie trap if you didn't dig deeper - the Es were better than the Ds as they were probably ranked on the wrong primary stat. Increase the health of D class module reinforcements to be the same as what Es currently are (about +140%), and give Es a 10% buff to offset their higher mass

This is a brilliant change and will give us many more options in combat with respect to pip movement--thank you!

So I found this banner in the artwork download.. makes an awesome new sig..so not entirely wasted lunchtime! Maybe if I go to Sainsburys and get some cat food the new patch will be ready for when I get back...:rolleyes:

Michael Brookes

Game Director
Many good improvements and bugs picked up and corrected already :)

Removed the dev presets from the editor

Not sure this was a good idea .... ok for the Beta, but when you launch the 2.3 live, there will be plenty of players who will need to see what can be achieved with patience.

In fact, why not take it further ? Have all the team as presets ... including you, Brett ;)

There will still be presets, but not ones for staff members.

Michael

Incremental Railgun buffs: increase hardness piercing to match plasma accelerators so they do a better job of punching up against large ships. Reduce firing heat by approximately 15% (and round off to comfortable numbers)
[/LIST]

Uhm... that's "interesting"... what about some buffs for the big ships weapons? like turrets ?

Thx for the Info. Please take your time to get it running.
With PAX East just a couple days away, I'd imaging taking their time is last on their list.
Probably a mad rush in the offices to get MC into the beta so they can demo it at PAX.

They likely need another round of pizzas in the FD office... and coffee. :)

"Fix a muddling of grades on module reinforcements that made them a bit of a newbie trap if you didn't dig deeper - the Es were better than the Ds as they were probably ranked on the wrong primary stat. Increase the health of D class module reinforcements to be the same as what Es currently are (about +140%), and give Es a 10% buff to offset their higher mass"

So what does this mean this isn't a reduction of Grade Ds damage % is it? Or is it a change to integrity?

Greetings!

Would you happen to know if the engineers are fishy this update, as the patch notes didn't mention it. Also, I'd love to be able to delete my save and end up at an engineer again.

Thanks.

Last edited:
I can understand not wanting to spam the bookmarks. I wonder however if this will make these academies invisible to a new player as they are just another mission given faction.

I liked the bookmarks. I made a new commander in the beta, and I thought they where a really good idea, just to show people about the bookmarks. You can always delete them afterwards if you don't want them.

Question what will happen to 2.3 update if Multicrew cannot be activated within the beta period ? Postponed to 2.4 (worst case scenario) ?

I don't think they would release 2.3 at all until multicrew is fixed ( they might fix it later in a minor release, but i doubt it).

In addition i think that we have at least three more weeks of beta ahead.

Last edited:
Top Bottom