Patch Notes Update 2.3 Beta, Update 2

Question what will happen to 2.3 update if Multicrew cannot be activated within the beta period ? Postponed to 2.4 (worst case scenario) ?

[*]Audio: Fix for "Frameshift charge detected" voice line that triggers when the ship the player is targeting begins jumping

...and I thought this was a permafeature!

Great work guys - don't worry about the MultiCrew stuff. We'll still be ready to test it soon™

Michael Brookes

Game Director
Cool changelog, thanks guys. Love your work! (and I don't even have beta).

Can you shed a little more light on this ..

Does it have anything to do with the general complaints about the new comms panel being too obtrusive? Options to turn off the avatars maybe?

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/332956-The-big-yellow-comms-box-Yes-or-No

No - it's dealing with missing aspects of that panel. We're looking at the feedback, but no decision on any changes has been made yet.

Michael

Question what will happen to 2.3 update if Multicrew cannot be activated within the beta period ? Postponed to 2.4 (worst case scenario) ?

I would fire QA and release it anyway :)

Well, to be honest - they will extend the beta period. What else should they do.

Many good improvements and bugs picked up and corrected already :)

Removed the dev presets from the editor

Not sure this was a good idea .... ok for the Beta, but when you launch the 2.3 live, there will be plenty of players who will need to see what can be achieved with patience.

In fact, why not take it further ? Have all the team as presets ... including you, Brett ;)

No - it's dealing with missing aspects of that panel. We're looking at the feedback, but no decision on any changes has been made yet.

Michael

nice changelog, thank you! I would also like to give some feedback for the comms panel in VR. It is too prominent/obstrusive.

Last edited:
"Automatically return passengers to their homes if their mission is no longer active and they're still in ship cabins"

WOOOO about time this was fixed. Excellent too see and hopefully the bug fix is going to stick with the full release and remove the need to selfdestruct ones ship to remove the passengers.

Still no orca buff?

Looks good otherwise! Excited to try the shield pips changes, they're HUGE. Should break the 4-0-2 meta. Buy stocks in Plasma Accelerators :p

Last edited:
Hi all, QA has identified a problem with multicrew on todays build. As such, it'll remain disabled until a future beta build. Our apologies on this front, but we want to make sure everything with multicrew is properly functional.

That's a pity. Hopefully the issue can be quickly remedied so that testing of multi-crew on a larger scale can be started soon.

Top Bottom